Retro Gaming Thread

The first time I ever played Legendary Wings was on a really old, slow, and horribly sounding NES emulator in 1997. 😂 It’s hilarious remembering playing NES emulators on Windows 3.1.

I don’t think I have ever played Roadrunner on the SNES. I owned Roadrunner for the NES. It was an unlicensed Tengen game. It was very arcade style, looping levels with added difficulty and such.

I beat Shadowgate for the first time ever yesterday. I had lots of fun with it. A friend said I should try Deja Vu next. It’s similar, but more like a film noir instead of a dungeon crawler.

Reactions: NEO
I broke out the old NES mini and played the original Zelda, I blew through the game and was surprised how much stuff I remebered. I decided to play the second quest and oh my is it hard. I never beat it as a kid, but I don't remember struggling as much as I am now

I broke out the old NES mini and played the original Zelda, I blew through the game and was surprised how much stuff I remebered. I decided to play the second quest and oh my is it hard. I never beat it as a kid, but I don't remember struggling as much as I am now
I’ve never beaten the 2nd quest. Actually, I’ve never even gotten that far into it. Just not really been interested.

This is the first emulator I ever played, back in 1997. My mind was so completely blown that you could play NES games on a computer, that I didn't even realize how terrible the sound was. This is absolutely hilarious, but an absolute gem of retro gaming history. It's truly awesome thinking about the amazing break-throughs of technology the internet was giving us every day back in the late 90s.

Reactions: tbh
I thought we could use a thread discussing your favorite retro games. So what are some retro games that you enjoyed or still enjoy today? Look forward to trying out some of the responses.

The entire Ultima series of games.....

For those who need a sumation of ancient gaming history.

I’m starting a playthrough of Final Fantasy III on Super Nintendo (truly FF6). I’ve been saying for years I want to play this one. Now I’m finally going to commit to it.

VN Store

Back