Reports abound ,Stackhouse to resign tomorrow from Vandy.

And Stackhouse would be fine for them. Not sure why you think he's awful.
The results. A good coach could get at least mediocre results there. He’s not even getting that. I watch Vandy’s primary and secondary sets, their defensive rotation, etc. They’re a poorly coached squad. Poorly coached squads have poor coaching.

Vandy is rock solid in baseball - they won a natty in 2014 - but honestly, I have long believed that both the SEC and Vandy would be better served by Vandy moving to the Sun Belt or something. They're at such a massive disadvantage versus the rest of the SEC in terms of facilities, financial support, and overall fanbase.

Vandy would most certainly not be better served by the thing that matters most: money.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Vandy is struggling for sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if they let him go. They looked like a poorly coached team in Knoxville last week and continue to look like a poorly coached team. At least Mizzou played hard and looked like they wanted to be there vs UT despite their winless SEC record.

This can’t be said enough. I’ve always said Vandy could be a player in the SEC but they don’t care enough. Then again I guess every conference has 1 program that’s bad at almost everything
Vandy is where they are and Tennessee is where they are because of the University administrations. Randy and Donde support UT athletics and personally invest in it. Vandy....not so much

Vandy is where they are and Tennessee is where they are because of the University administrations. Randy and Donde support UT athletics and personally invest in it. Vandy....not so much

With the Vanderbilt season now over, it will be interesting to see how long it takes the Vanderbilt administration to make a decision on Stackhouse's future.

Also I wonder how long a leash does Dennis Gates have at Missouri after finishing 0-18 in regular season SEC play?

With the Vanderbilt season now over, it will be interesting to see how long it takes the Vanderbilt administration to make a decision on Stackhouse's future.
Surely, they have had that decision in their pockets. Choosing the date to come forward is key.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Oh, Joe!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Thousands of men’s college basketball coaches have been hired since the NCAA Tournament expanded to 64 teams in the 1984-85 season, which marked perfection for that event and made participation in it the baseline indicator of coaching competence.

Of the coaches who started tenures in that season or later in power conferences, just 26 of them saw a sixth season after five seasons with no NCAA bid. That’s 26 out of hundreds of hires. I don’t think Vanderbilt’s Jerry Stackhouse should be the 27th. Joe Rexrode.

Reactions: StarRaider
There isn't any good reason why Vandy can't be a decent basketball program that gets into the tournament say, 2-3 times every 5 years. If anything, it is actually harder to be good at the sport they are good at (baseball) than basketball because in baseball there are simply many more players on a roster.

Reactions: Pennheel
There isn't any good reason why Vandy can't be a decent basketball program that gets into the tournament say, 2-3 times every 5 years. If anything, it is actually harder to be good at the sport they are good at (baseball) than basketball because in baseball there are simply many more players on a roster.

In baseball they enjoyed the private institution exemption for need based assistance (don't remember exactly what it was called) so they were essentially able to give full rides to more players than public schools could. The NCAA has expanded that to all D1 schools so between that and NIL Vandy has been brought down a few notches in baseball.

Reactions: Pennheel
In baseball they enjoyed the private institution exemption for need based assistance (don't remember exactly what it was called) so they were essentially able to give full rides to more players than public schools could. The NCAA has expanded that to all D1 schools so between that and NIL Vandy has been brought down a few notches in baseball.
They still were exploiting it better than their competition was, though.

VN Store

Back