Renewed/New Shows Announced!

It's amazing how this show keeps going!

NBC has given Law & Order: SVU a new three-year renewal for Seasons 22, 23 and 24, expanding the gap over the previous record mark of 20 seasons set by mothership series Law & Order (1990-2010) and Gunsmoke (1955-75).

Reactions: ATC_VOL
All three series in Dick Wolf’s Chicago franchise have been picked up for three more seasons. Flagship Chicago Fire has been renewed through Season 11, Chicago P.D. through Season 10, and Chicago Med through Season 8. The massive pickup is part of a mega new deal Wolf has closed at Chicago studio Universal Television, which also include a three-season renewal for Law & Order: SVU.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
UPDATE: CBS has reportedly handed out a slew of renewals today for it's drama series.

NCIS (Season 18)
NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 12)
NCIS: New Orleans (Season 7)
Blue Bloods (Season 11)
MacGyver (Season 5)
Bull (Season 5)
SEAL Team (Season 4)
S.W.A.T. (Season 4)
Magnum P.I. (Season 3)
FBI (Season 3)
FBI: Most Wanted (Season 2)

Comedy's renewed....

Bob ♥ Abishola
The Neighborhood
The Unicorn

News programs
60 Minutes
48 Hours

Reality series....
Undercover Boss
Survivor (Seasons 41 & 42)

Last edited:
Reactions: ATC_VOL
CBS has reportedly handed out a slew of renewals today for it's drama series.

NCIS (Season 18)
NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 12)
NCIS: New Orleans (Season 7)
Blue Bloods (Season 11)
MacGyver (Season 5)
Bull (Season 5)
Magnum P.I. (Season 3)
FBI (Season 3)
FBI: Most Wanted (Season 2)

No word yet on SEAL Team or SWAT.

Nothing yet on CBS Comedy's.

CBS needs to rename itself to the cop and lawyer channel. All the above shows are terrible.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
CBS needs to rename itself to the cop and lawyer channel. All the above shows are terrible.

In general I find network TV shows all terrible now and there isn't one I regularly watch. I'm all about streaming, premium and cable networks now. It's kind of funny how it used to be an actor wanted to be on a network show first and foremost and anything less (not counting becoming a full time movie person) would be looked down upon. Now it's the opposite, the bigger stars stay away from network shows.

And yes CBS in particular seems like the most cookie cutter network of all. I can't remember the last CBS show I watched, probably The Big Bang Theory before I got tired of it.

Your opinion! I love all the NCIS franchise and you should really give SEAL Team a watch along with the paranormal drama Evil!

Last edited:
Your opinion! I love all the NCIS franchise and you should really give SEAL Team a watch along with the paranormal drama Evil!

I watched NCIS for 3-4 season but got to where I couldn't stand Gibbs, I was rooting for his character to be killed off. Plus the whole show went off the deep end fantasy BS.

I watched NCIS for 3-4 season but got to where I couldn't stand Gibbs, I was rooting for his character to be killed off. Plus the whole show went off the deep end fantasy BS.
You lost me there it's always been mostly realistic. IMO.

NCIS doesn't chase international terrorists, that's the FBIs job. NO freeking way does Davied become an NCIS agent.
From the real NCIS wikipedia page

"Current missions for NCIS include criminal investigations, force protection, cross-border drug enforcement, anti-terrorism, counter-terrorism, major procurement fraud, computer crime and counter-intelligence."

They also have a "Office of Special Projects" which NCIS: Los Angeles is supposed to be.

It's states they have presence in over 40 countries.

I haven't even watched the second season of The Boys and I really enjoyed the first season.

I have enjoyed both seasons of The Terror and plan to watch the third.

Cagle, I have a request if you don't mind. Can you just bold an announcement and not wrap it in a quote? When you wrap it in quotes it's very difficult for others to simply hit "reply" and comment on it because it blocks the text.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler are headed to Fox....well...sorta!

"FOX has greenlit to series a new comedy called Call me Kat starring Mayim Bialik (Blossom, The Big Bang Theory).

The show will be produced by Bialik & her Big Bang Co-Star Jim Parsons. Call Me Kat will also star Swoosie Kurtz, Kyla Pratt & Leslie Jordan.

Premise “39-year-old woman called Kat who struggles every day against society and her mother to prove that you cannot have everything you want, and still be happy. So she spends the money her parents set aside for her wedding to open a cat café in Louisville, Kentucky,”

Fun Fact: Bialik played neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory from 2010 to 2019. While in real life she actually holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience."

Reactions: Coug
The CW released what would be their fall schedule but new shows (as of now) want begin until January.

THE CW’S NEW SEASON PRIMETIME SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2021
(New Programs in UPPER CASE)

MONDAY
8-9 PM — All American
9-10 PM — Black Lightning

TUESDAY
8-9 PM — The Flash
9-10 PM — SUPERMAN & LOIS

WEDNESDAY
8-9 PM — Riverdale
9-10 PM — Nancy Drew

THURSDAY
8-9 PM — WALKER
9-10 PM — Legacies

FRIDAY
8-9 PM — Penn & Teller: Fool Us (New Night)
9-9:30 PM — Whose Line Is It Anyway? (New Night)
9:30-10 PM — Whose Line Is It Anyway? (New Night)

SUNDAY
8-9 PM — Batwoman
9-10 PM — Charmed (New Night)

On the CW’s midseason bench, Supergirl likely to accommodate the pregnancy of star Melissa Benoist, and Dynasty join fellow returning dramas Roswell, New Mexico, In the Dark and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, as well as new series Kung Fu and The Republic of Sarah.

VN Store

Back