Remembering what a healthy JJ brings!

Tennessee's receivers are really good. One of the reasons I am optimistic that all the chatter about how bad we will be is a bit over done.

WR's, TE's and RB's are all solid. If they get decent line play and a solid QB. This team could surprise some folks.

Reactions: 3 people
Look at 2017. JJ looked like a guy ready to take over in the GT game, then he gets injured. Perfect example of a top-flight receiver who paid his dues, developed his skills, became the #1 guy, and was ready to burst onto the national scene. His injury was high impact on our season last year, and that is rarely referenced.

With he, Marquez on the outside, and Brandon in the slot, we have 3 upperclassmen starters who can play at an elite level. Lots of nice depth too. WR is certainly our best position pre-season.

Here's hoping they demand that Ds stay "honest" enough(w unproven QB, OL, TE play) to allow us to run this season.

Reactions: 4 people
JJ is a bad man. If he keeps his head about him he has a bight future in the NFL. NFL coaches love great run blocking receivers, and receivers that will go up and get that ball.

And the ones who kicked and screamed about him being allowed back on the team looked smart?

Kicking and screaming? Lulz.

I never saw anyone make a big deal about it. Obviously I may have missed one or two, but it was certainly not "most". I saw several give the opinion that he shouldn't be allowed back.

Since he has been allowed back, I have seen nothing but postive comments, hell, just look in this thread and find one post that is not happy about JJ being back.

I was one of the "soft" that didn't think he should have been allowed back. I stand behind my reasons for thinking that, so far I was wrong, just as I hoped I would be. I think its reasonable if you disagree.

I think the comment you made that I bolded and quoted was stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
Kicking and screaming? Lulz.

I never saw anyone make a big deal about it. Obviously I may have missed one or two, but it was certainly not "most". I saw several give the opinion that he shouldn't be allowed back.

Since he has been allowed back, I have seen nothing but postive comments, hell, just look in this thread and find one post that is not happy about JJ being back.

I was one of the "soft" that didn't think he should have been allowed back. I stand behind my reasons for thinking that, so far I was wrong, just as I hoped I would be. I think its reasonable if you disagree.

I think the comment you made that I bolded and quoted was stupid.

I recall more than just a few self-reighteous and judgmental pricks bashing JJ.

Ladies and Gents, lets please try to stick to the FACTS here.

FACT 1...Some people here on VN simply love to bash other posters and try to start verbal fights for their own entertainment and provide no real points of discussions.

This is the USA and everyone DOES have the right to express their opinions even if you disagree or it doesn't fit your agenda.

FACT 2...JJ lost his cool and went on a foul mouthed tirade on a public forum that was horrid and was VERY bad at representing himself, our beloved Vols Team and the university as a whole and things like that should NEVER be allowed.

He paid a penalty for that and seems to have done all that was asked of him by Coach Pruitt and our AD to now put that behind him and I'm happy he's back in good standing.

FACT 3...There's no doubt that JJ is a really good player and has incredible passion and loves to WIN and hates to lose and I hope his passion and determination to WIN spreads throughout our entire footVol team.

We simply ARE a better TEAM with JJ playing so I hope he's learned his lessons, will play great and will represent Tennessee well in the future.

He's already proven that he can be a game changer and I hope he helps bring us more WINS this season.

Ladies and Gents of the jury, these are the FACTS so I'll now let the jury retire to make their deliberations and I'll wait to see the replies afterwards.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reminds me of Hines Ward with his love of blocking and decleating folks

Eggsactly. I've said the same thing on here in the past. Jennings is not just a wideout, but he's a football player. He's just one of those guys that every team needs. He's a true head knocker and can do just about everything on the field.

I recall several fans on here complaining and being upset over what JJ did. So saying some fans are soft is not too far fetched. Because some are.

I wanted him to have a second chance but I had no problem with him getting kicked off the team after he went nuts. It was good for him. He learned that when you crap all over the INTERIM boss’s desk, you crapped all over the boss’s desk...and you get fired. Predict we get a better player (and person) out of it. There were posters that just wanted him completely gone with no further chances. They didn’t register as any sort of consensus. You want to shout down every poster that doesn’t agree with you? You’re going to get hoarse. :)

UT is solid at WR with his return. He and Callaway are both able to go up and get the ball. Both have good speed and can make plays running with the ball after the catch. They will certainly give teams something to think about this fall.

Add to that a tough-blocking, sure-handed, well-coached tight end, and this could be a worrisome offense to defend from air assault. I can hardly wait! ( could there be two tight ends in on some plays?)

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Found this link if you want to see JJ lay Thompson out. I could literally watch this gif all night. You can see JJ stalkking him and the guy never knew what hit him. LOL I git caught like that a few times waaaaay back in the day.

WATCH: Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings lays out defensive tackle

I remember that block, but wow, i didn’t realize he was decleating the 1# overall recruit from the 2015 class. The same class JJ was in when he was recruited as a QB. Sheesh

I remember that block, but wow, i didn’t realize he was decleating the 1# overall recruit from the 2015 class. The same class JJ was in when he was recruited as a QB. Sheesh
I must have watched this 50 times just this morning. The full motion version reveals the true JJ. He's standing almost at the goal line, see's Thompson coming and steps into that block, he didn't back the %$#@ off none!! LOL Gotta wonder if Thompson had to visit a dentist after that game?

Aside from him being such a good football player and me selfishly wanting him to play... I really hope personally he has gotten his stuff together. Football will come to end at some point for everyone.

But he wants to win too badly and jumps in front of people who don't want the ball as badly as him in clutch situations contrary to what Butch wants...

JJ gives us a full compliment of wide outs. He goes after a ball like a power forward blocks out and rips a rebound out of the air. I believe he is the most physical reciever in the nation. Just add M. Callaway as the big play guy and B.Johnson as the technician.

VN Store

Back