Releases signed for Paul Harris, Tom Smith and Tino Thomas

It's funny: these guys like Harris have delusions of grandeur. If they were half-way intelligent, and they are not, they should just be happy to have a scholarship from the University of Tennessee and graduate. Unfortunately they will be taking my order at McDonalds this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Damn!

It's funny: these guys like Harris have delusions of grandeur. If they were half-way intelligent, and they are not, they should just be happy to have a scholarship from the University of Tennessee and graduate. Unfortunately they will be taking my order at McDonalds this year.

Completely stupid post. You are assuming that they aren't going to get a degree at another school. If they have the skills and dream of still playing football while getting a degree, I guarantee they will find a place.

I love how you assume that they aren't even halfway intelligent either.

Reactions: 2 people

I agree because every player who has ever transfers from UT has ended up working at Mcdonalds. No way a kid who transfers to another school could possibly find success on or off the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree because every player who has ever transfers from UT has ended up working at Mcdonalds. No way a kid who transfers to another school could possibly find success on or off the field.

I hate reading this rc ( supposed Vol fan ) guys posts! How do u put someone on the ignore list again, cuz I'm finished listening to this dudes garbage!

Reactions: 2 people

I see the point you're trying to make. If I were to land a full FB scholarship at UT then I would make the coach kick me off. Free education, access to state of the art facilities, make some good connections, party, etc. Obviously if I'm not good enough to start at UT I'm probably not going to play in the league. I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity. Screw transferring.

Totally uncalled for.

Reactions: 4 people

Or, he transfers, gets a degree in business, buys several McDonald's franchises and you go to work for him.

Reactions: 3 people
I thank them for their time and efforts while here at UT. I cannot imagine a more painful experience than what our players have gone through over the last few years. I wish them the best.

Why does there always have to be one douche bag? You could wish these kids the best as they're making the best decision for themselves and the program. Wherever these kids land they'll be better off than you in life because you act like a complete tool.

Or they may end up at another program and shine. Maybe even one that (GASP!) whips our Vols who are still rebuilding. Is that funny too????????

Guys with your attitude make me think you spend your time looking down your nose to see when a booger falls out.

There have been a couple of people already respond to your inane comments, but I can't let it slide by.

I know Tom Smith. I haven't talked to him or his parents lately because I know they are disappointed in the situation, but for you to make a comment like that is so incredibly immature. These are not robots or video-game players, these are real human beings. They are young men who were recruited by the University of Tennessee and signed with the Vols. Things didn't work out for them, just like they don't work out for the vast majority of young men who sign to play college football. Most players rarely see the field and leave college with few memories of seeing actual game action.

You say they had delusions of grandeur. I would call them visions of grandeur and I would expect them to have such dreams. I want them dreaming big. That doesn't mean they are going to fulfill those dreams, but they should have those dreams.

You also said they weren't halfway intelligent. As I said, I know Tom and he's like most of us; he's a reasonably intelligent young man who was smart enough to qualify for admission to UT, so your statement is an insult to UT.

You need to step back and re-evaluate yourself.

Reactions: 10 people
There have been a couple of people already respond to your inane comments, but I can't let it slide by.

I know Tom Smith. I haven't talked to him or his parents lately because I know they are disappointed in the situation, but for you to make a comment like that is so incredibly immature. These are not robots or video-game players, these are real human beings. They are young men who were recruited by the University of Tennessee and signed with the Vols. Things didn't work out for them, just like they don't work out for the vast majority of young men who sign to play college football. Most players rarely see the field and leave college with few memories of seeing actual game action.

You say they had delusions of grandeur. I would call them visions of grandeur and I would expect them to have such dreams. I want them dreaming big. That doesn't mean they are going to fulfill those dreams, but they should have those dreams.

You also said they weren't halfway intelligent. As I said, I know Tom and he's like most of us; he's a reasonably intelligent young man who was smart enough to qualify for admission to UT, so your statement is an insult to UT.

I wouldn't waste my energy typing it out to him man....He is consistently the worst poster on this forum.

Well said!!!!!!!!!! :eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Reactions: 4 people
Must still sit 1 year if they go to D1. This allows them to go wherever they want, most likely there were no schools blacked out.

They can play for a Div 1 FCS team and not have to sit out, such as University of Richmond, James Madison, Villanova, Appalachian State, etc.

I would like to think that most fans appreciate the hard work and effort that these young men put into playing football for UT. I wish nothing but the best for them wherever they go.

I was thinking there might be more than 3 in this boat. My question is, does anyone think they'll be more or is this it? Also, is there a deadline for this sort of thing?

I think we will see a few more around or after spring practice. The numbers will come together.

What a moronic statement...

wtf???

In the year that I have been on this board, you have not had a single positive thing to say about anyone or anything related to TN football. There are plenty of *******s on this board, but you're definitely one of the worst.

VN Store

Back