Releases signed for Paul Harris, Tom Smith and Tino Thomas

Man I hate to see any of these guys leave but I had I hopes for Smith. Everytime I seen him in the game he done pretty good. I really hope all these guys can find them a spot on another team and have a good carrier.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was thinking there might be more than 3 in this boat. My question is, does anyone think they'll be more or is this it? Also, is there a deadline for this sort of thing?

If you want the answer, just look at the active roster of scholarship players. Any number over 52 to 55 will be the number of guys that have to go.

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch is using a loophole, I believe this now raises the number he can bring in with this class to 33 based on the 85 scholly limit.

Even though these happen each year, it is still sad that they couldn't find their place with the team. Wish them the best in their next chapter. I really thought Harris would be successful.

Paul worked his tail off, just didnt have what it takes to be an SEC wide reciever.

How does a true FR who spent a lot of time hurt get recruited over? No one has really seen what he can do. The kid had offers from coast to coast, those acting like its no big deal are in denial. That's what we've said for 5 yrs as soon as the offseason attrition starts and 5 yrs later we have no depth and are at an all time low. Every body counts. Saying he got recruited over by kids who have yet to step foot on campus is asinine.

Reactions: 3 people
Currently laughing my arse off at the Jimmy moment I just had.

Went to twitter to look at Butch's quotes from today's press conference that I missed because of a mid morning appt. I follow a lot of UT football related sources. I counted exactly 9 different twitter accounts that all quoted Butch on the departure of these 3 guys ... all consecutively... All simultaneously and at the same time.

I then read further on my timeline other quotes from Butch, from these same sources.... they all moved on, seemingly in real time to the next set of quotes, again simultaneously.

Then, approximately 3 minutes later, I read this.....

@JimmyHyams: Butch Jones announces 3 Vols will not return: WR Paul Harris, DB Tino Thomas), Tom Smith, a RB. AJ Johnson still deliberating going pro

Bahahaha!!! You just can't make this stuff up. Not sure if he's a dollar but he's ALWAYS "a day late".

While I sometimes agree with the negative comments about Jimmy Hyams, I am not jumping up and down laughing with you on this one. I just don't think tweeting is that high on his list of priorities. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if someone younger, possible an assistant at the Sports Animal tweets it for him.

Has anyone heard any rumors about Bowles? He seems so far down in the depth chart, I thought he might look to move on. Does he play special teams?

How does a true FR who spent a lot of time hurt get recruited over? No one has really seen what he can do. The kid had offers from coast to coast, those acting like its no big deal are in denial. That's what we've said for 5 yrs as soon as the offseason attrition starts and 5 yrs later we have no depth and are at an all time low. Every body counts. Saying he got recruited over by kids who have yet to step foot on campus is asinine.

Agreed. If the truth be known, I would think that all three of these guys may be going elsewhere for a variety of reasons. Reasons we may probably never know for sure. Personally believe that the comment you referred to is nothing more than moist flatulence, and probably smells worse. And could be, in the long term, reasons for a promising future recruit to look elsewhere.

Three cliche's apply here:

Trimming the fat
Getting rid of the weak to make room for the strong
Don't hate the player hate the game

Kudos to Butch for having the stones to release players who in quite honesty probably shouldn't be at an elite D1 school like Tennessee anyway. Now they can find other schools to go to and Tennessee has more room to shop for elite talent. :salute:

I counted 12 straight tweets about the three transferring players on my timeline. I don't think we are losing anybody special with the ones transferring. More labensraum for the 14 class.

Currently laughing my arse off at the Jimmy moment I just had.

Went to twitter to look at Butch's quotes from today's press conference that I missed because of a mid morning appt. I follow a lot of UT football related sources. I counted exactly 9 different twitter accounts that all quoted Butch on the departure of these 3 guys ... all consecutively... All simultaneously and at the same time.

I then read further on my timeline other quotes from Butch, from these same sources.... they all moved on, seemingly in real time to the next set of quotes, again simultaneously.

Then, approximately 3 minutes later, I read this.....

@JimmyHyams: Butch Jones announces 3 Vols will not return: WR Paul Harris, DB Tino Thomas), Tom Smith, a RB. AJ Johnson still deliberating going pro

Bahahaha!!! You just can't make this stuff up. Not sure if he's a dollar but he's ALWAYS "a day late".

It's funny: these guys like Harris have delusions of grandeur. If they were half-way intelligent, and they are not, they should just be happy to have a scholarship from the University of Tennessee and graduate. Unfortunately they will be taking my order at McDonalds this year.

It's funny: these guys like Harris have delusions of grandeur. If they were half-way intelligent, and they are not, they should just be happy to have a scholarship from the University of Tennessee and graduate. Unfortunately they will be taking my order at McDonalds this year.

Lane? Is that you?

Reactions: 4 people

Hint of racism?

I tend to agree with this. Just seems like there was something going on behind the scenes with him. We were hurting at receiver and he was never really given an opportunity.

VN Store

Back