Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't run with this one yet, not sure it's a committable offer. Would say the only thing I'd take from it is that we are definitely looking to add at least one, and that someone is leaving.

BTO, how much of a difference would making/not making the NCAAs this season impact '14 recruiting for us, IYO?

BTO, how much of a difference would making/not making the NCAAs this season impact '14 recruiting for us, IYO?

Would only help. The biggest negative recruitment coaches are using against Tennessee is CCM hasn't ever made a tourney as a HC. If you can eliminate that from their arsenal it only helps, and this publicity we are getting is also a good thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Would only help. The biggest negative recruitment coaches are using against Tennessee is CCM hasn't ever made a tourney as a HC. If you can eliminate that from their arsenal it only helps, and this publicity we are getting is also a good thing.

I agree.And I also think we are going to see an increase
in the number of ex-players publicly backing our program.

I hinted at this earlier, but besides Darius, anyone else that we could possibly flip if we finish strong and get in the tourney? Any bigs?

I hinted at this earlier, but besides Darius, anyone else that we could possibly flip if we finish strong and get in the tourney? Any bigs?

Not sure we'd want to do that. 2014 looks to be THE class for Martin and Tennessee to get back to the team they were. We will have 4 scholarships to offer at least (golden, McRae, Edwards and Maymon) and maybe 1 more if you count attrition of some sort. We are in on A LOT of top talent in 2014 class and you'd ether add 4 of them than take a shot at a 2013 guy.

Not sure we'd want to do that. 2014 looks to be THE class for Martin and Tennessee to get back to the team they were. We will have 4 scholarships to offer at least (golden, McRae, Edwards and Maymon) and maybe 1 more if you count attrition of some sort. We are in on A LOT of top talent in 2014 class and you'd ether add 4 of them than take a shot at a 2013 guy.

How much would it help with that 2014 class if we make the tourney, and go deeeeep. Guarantee it would sway at least one that might be on the fence.

Add another 6-4 SG - a gunner from Augusta, GA - to the 2013 list.

How much roster turnover will we see this off-season?

“@mattzahnsports: Westside star SG Frank Booker (@frankbooker11) visiting Oklahoma Friday, recently got offer from Tennessee (via @EHoopsShowcase)”

As I said immediately after this was posted, don't run with this yet. Turns out booker DOES NOT have a Tennessee offer, there apparently was some misunderstanding by that reporter. Tennessee has checked him out in the past, but have not extended an offer and I wouldn't expect them to.

Zo and staff want Thompson.

As I said immediately after this was posted, don't run with this yet. Turns out booker DOES NOT have a Tennessee offer, there apparently was some misunderstanding by that reporter. Tennessee has checked him out in the past, but have not extended an offer and I wouldn't expect them to.

I would LOVE to have Thompson!

Good call. Guess I'm still a little gun-shy about Cuonzo making offers that aren't commitable. Clearly looks like they are all-in on Thompson.

Will be interesting to follow the career of Owootoah. Hope he goes far away and has a good career. I keep seeing notes about KY sniffing around, but I can't believe he'd be a take for them.

Good call. Guess I'm still a little gun-shy about Cuonzo making offers that aren't commitable. Clearly looks like they are all-in on Thompson.

Will be interesting to follow the career of Owootoah. Hope he goes far away and has a good career. I keep seeing notes about KY sniffing around, but I can't believe he'd be a take for them.

Yea the Owootoah situation is odd, I'm very curious where he ends up.

Cuonzo was at Darius Thompson's regional championship game. Blackman won 60-56 in OT. Blackman will play in a sub state game and then off to MTSU for state. There is also a good chance of Blackman and Thompson meeting up with Robert Hubbs and Dyer County.

Tennessee is probably the favorite for Darius right now! With Alabama and NC State behind us. Tennessee offered the day before he committed to Vandy, but Tennessee stayed with him through his commitment to Vandy. Cuonzo has been at Darius's past 3 games. Blackman will advance to the state playoffs next week. Ill post any news when I hear it

Complete speculation here...Martin and staff are rumored to be looking in the JUCO ranks at PGs...Dre Mathieu?

He's from central, went to Morehead state and transferred to central Arizona (juco). He's looking to transfer back to D1, already has some offers, but low level D1 schools.

He's very explosive, some may remember him from the RTL. He's putting up good numbers in JUCO, just thought id throw it out there.

Pepperdine, Washington State and UCLA have all offered in last 24 hours...not sure we've even looked, but I'd love to have this kid. If we could add Mathieu and Thompson I'd do jumping jacks down Cumberland ave.

Whoever is the better ball handler/passer should get the scholly.

That is what UT needs.

I remember Dre Mathieu from RTL... said "we should have gotten him/ better than tre" and all... if we started recruiting him, how likely would it be to get him + thompson... would that mean 2 defections from this squad then instead of one?

I remember Dre Mathieu from RTL... said "we should have gotten him/ better than tre" and all... if we started recruiting him, how likely would it be to get him + thompson... would that mean 2 defections from this squad then instead of one?

Yea 2 would have to leave. Not saying we will even contact him, but may be worth watching.

Nodoubt about it. Would have been interesting too if we had held onto Kevin Ware. Was watchin that Louis. game the other night, and he doesnt put up big numbers, but man he heII on defense.

that Mathieu kid can hoop.. never got a good shot at minutes while at morehead state, donnie tyndall was a very tough coach to play for when he was there(got a few ex players who are close friends) and when he left for Southern miss this season Mathieu said deuces... mathieu is small but everyone on the team at morehead while he was there said he could fly and should have started there... Fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back