Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe I said IF Stokes and Hubbs are gone.
Would make us extremely thin at the core.
Top 2014 class is imperative.

And IF Looney, Lindsey, Turman, Cofer and Lyle come here we aren't thin.

I just think its a little premature to be worrying about if certain guys go pro who aren't even on campus yet.

If stokes goes pro early and Hubbs goes pro early then recruiting will be just fine and it'll mean we had a damn good season. I can live with it.

I just think its a little premature to be worrying about if certain guys go pro who aren't even on campus yet.

If stokes goes pro early and Hubbs goes pro early then recruiting will be just fine and it'll mean we had a damn good season. I can live with it.
It's really premature to think we land Looney or Lyle.
Especially if they're watching our games.
They'll both hold offers from every major player before this season is over.

Quite presumptuous to think we sign those players. It's extremely unlikely our class looks like that. I'm ecstatic if it does, but that's quite a bit of star power in one class.

It's really premature to think we land Looney or Lyle.
Especially if they're watching our games.
They'll both hold offers from every major player before this season is over.

It's just as premature to think that stokes is going anywhere early.

Did you see a NBA player tonight? I didn't.

Quite presumptuous to think we sign those players. It's extremely unlikely our class looks like that. I'm ecstatic if it does, but that's quite a bit of star power in one class.

I doubt it's our class, but my point is that nobody knows what our class will look like just like nobody knows who's going pro, or transferring in or out.

Complete speculation here...Martin and staff are rumored to be looking in the JUCO ranks at PGs...Dre Mathieu?

He's from central, went to Morehead state and transferred to central Arizona (juco). He's looking to transfer back to D1, already has some offers, but low level D1 schools.

He's very explosive, some may remember him from the RTL. He's putting up good numbers in JUCO, just thought id throw it out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Complete speculation here...Martin and staff are rumored to be looking in the JUCO ranks at PGs...Dre Mathieu?

He's from central, went to Morehead state and transferred to central Arizona (juco). He's looking to transfer back to D1, already has some offers, but low level D1 schools.

He's very explosive, some may remember him from the RTL. He's putting up good numbers in JUCO, just thought id throw it out there.
Is he related to the honey badger?

Lol don't think so

BTNO, Have you heard anything about Jamerrio Jones from Melrose? I really liked his game and was hoping UT was an option. I saw him play several times in the Arby's Classic. Also, Malik Muler isa stud from Germany that's getting D1 looks. Tim Rowe from Berkmar High School, Lilburn Ga was also somebody who impressed me. Have you heard of any of these guys and UT?

BTNO, Have you heard anything about Jamerrio Jones from Melrose? I really liked his game and was hoping UT was an option. I saw him play several times in the Arby's Classic. Also, Malik Muler isa stud from Germany that's getting D1 looks. Tim Rowe from Berkmar High School, Lilburn Ga was also somebody who impressed me. Have you heard of any of these guys and UT?

I have not, but id think UT has to be looking at jones and evaluating him. There's a second tier of Memphis guys who don't get offers from UM who is expect CCM to pursue to help him get in with bigger fish.

Does Tn not have as much talent as years past? I would have thought (outside of Memphis) there would be some guys we would want either from Nashville or east Tn.

I obviously don't know what going on in butch jones or CCMs mind, but...

Corn Elder wants to go somewhere supposedly that he is going to be allowed to play basketball. He is a borderline top 150 player, and is a speedster and tenacious defender at the PG spot, something the bball team desperately needs. I won't get into the football needs, but they could definitely use him.

He'd use a football scholarship if he came here, so itd be perfect for the basketball staff, doesn't even use a scholarship. So...not sure what the holdup or snag is, but from my perspective this is the perfect guy for University of Tennessee, it's essentially killing two birds with one stone.

I obviously don't know what going on in butch jones or CCMs mind, but...

Corn Elder wants to go somewhere supposedly that he is going to be allowed to play basketball. He is a borderline top 150 player, and is a speedster and tenacious defender at the PG spot, something the bball team desperately needs. I won't get into the football needs, but they could definitely use him.

He'd use a football scholarship if he came here, so itd be perfect for the basketball staff, doesn't even use a scholarship. So...not sure what the holdup or snag is, but from my perspective this is the perfect guy for University of Tennessee, it's essentially killing two birds with one stone.

How is it even possible though. Football is still going on while basketball first starts. Would he wait until football ends and them start basketball? Or would he play both at the same time? Isn't there a 20 hour practice rule? Would he split 10 and 10? What if there is a football game and a basketball game on Saturday? Sorry that's a lot of questions lol.

How is it even possible though. Football is still going on while basketball first starts. Would he wait until football ends and them start basketball? Or would he play both at the same time? Isn't there a 20 hour practice rule? Would he split 10 and 10? What if there is a football game and a basketball game on Saturday? Sorry that's a lot of questions lol.

Football is usually primary, Bruce Ellington of south Carolina does it and is very good at both. He's actually a 30 minute a game PG, and was a 600 yard receiver in the SEC.

As far as the practices I'm not sure how it'd work to be honest. This year Tennessee football season was over November 24 so Elder would've missed the first 4 games.

Ellington actually missed the start of bball season, played a few games, then missed a few more for bowl practices and bowl game. You have the player though for all of conference games though typically and for the NCAA tourney.

Football is usually primary, Bruce Ellington of south Carolina does it and is very good at both. He's actually a 30 minute a game PG, and was a 600 yard receiver in the SEC.

As far as the practices I'm not sure how it'd work to be honest. This year Tennessee football season was over November 24 so Elder would've missed the first 4 games.

Ellington actually missed the start of bball season, played a few games, then missed a few more for bowl practices and bowl game. You have the player though for all of conference games though typically and for the NCAA tourney.

Thanks for clearing that up. I say go for it. That's really when you need a pg the most is in conference play and for the tourny.

I believe Robert Meachem tried it, and was the last player to do so IIRC. He didn't last long on the basketball team.

Rarely does the football/basketball combo work out.

I believe Robert Meachem tried it, and was the last player to do so IIRC. He didn't last long on the basketball team.

Rarely does the football/basketball combo work out.

Goins and Asumnu tried football but didn't work.

The difference between those guys and elder though is he's actually a good bball player. I mean he has good offers, and is a top 150 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back