Recruiting Forum Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many chips would a woodchip chip if a woodchip would chip chips?

Sounds to me they're ready to step up for someone like Patterson. I'm hopeful for Kelly but I wonder if our administration will hire someone who was given a show-cause.

If I was AD he would’ve been fired immediately after the game. I’m still surprised he hasn’t been fired by Currie already. Just don’t want him doing more damage to the program by staying too long. With the bye week, I don’t see why they just don’t let an interim take over

And that is the difference between an emotional fan and a professional AD.

OK, I always go by the logic Volnation's fantasy choice---everyone seems to say Chip Kelly so the logic is he won't come here. The last time we were doing one of these coaching searches I understood from the whispers that Kelly is a West Coast guy...there would be no interest in him coming here. He's basically run his course in the NFL after two failed opportunities. He will stay out west and take a Pac 12 job if something comes open again.

Awful to hear. Still can’t wrap my head around why someone would gun down innocent people. It’s a scary world that we live in.

People truly do suck sometimes.

Also a lot more good people in this world that you see in response to events like today. First responders, people putting their lives at risk to save others, people standing in line for hours today to donate blood, etc

Gives me hope

If you are Butch, and you're trying to save your job, you have to start 2 right?

Right?

OK, I always go by the logic Volnation's fantasy choice---everyone seems to say Chip Kelly so the logic is he won't come here. The last time we were doing one of these coaching searches I understood from the whispers that Kelly is a West Coast guy...there would be no interest in him coming here. He's basically run his course in the NFL after two failed opportunities.

Chip Kelly isn't a "west coast guy". He's from New Hampshire, played CFB in New Hampshire and the first 18 years of his coaching career were all at colleges on the east coast. 4 years at Oregon and 1 year in the NFL at San Fran are his only WC jobs. If anything he's an "east coast guy".

If I was AD he would’ve been fired immediately after the game. I’m still surprised he hasn’t been fired by Currie already. Just don’t want him doing more damage to the program by staying too long. With the bye week, I don’t see why they just don’t let an interim take over

Do you honestly think that other coaches, coaches we may be interested in, would look kindly on that?

Sounds to me they're ready to step up for someone like Patterson. I'm hopeful for Kelly but I wonder if our administration will hire someone who was given a show-cause.

His issues are somewhat similar to the college basketball scandal going on now. We don't want the NCAA scrutiny. That is going to hurt him imo

Here we go folks...

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/Venzell55/status/914894898234609665[/twitter]

Really no reason to keep butch for the season now. Everyone knows its over.

Wonder how Venzell feels about turning down Meyer/OSU and staying true to his commitment to UT now?

Rhetorical question.

I think we should be cautious about Chip Kelly. The guy has been in trouble with NCAA--why would we go after someone that was hit with a show cause?

People truly do suck sometimes.

Also a lot more good people in this world that you see in response to events like today. First responders, people putting their lives at risk to save others, people standing in line for hours today to donate blood, etc

Gives me hope

You are right in that aspect, there is hope and still good people out there.

This is why we have to fire him! Next will be Byrd and JG. We can’t keep Butch around. Do you’re job Currie or you should be fired too!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back