Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Tech Pre-Game/Game Thread

Lol.....just perused a GT board. Apparently there are several of them hiding out on VN and carrying word back to their board. The dumbasses went to the FF and think that is the way all Vol fans feel.

According to them...Vols fans are scared of this game....lol. It's apparent none of them have been to the RF and seen our score predictions.

I'll give them credit though, they've done their homework and established a pretty accurate injury (suspension) list though.

Ga. Tech's momma is so fat when she stepped on the scale it said "to be continued."

I have no idea what the score will be. But UT wins.

Reactions: 4 people
yep, gotta establish some running game and also we'll have to chunk the ball around some...at least in the flats, screens, and I also would throw some long too...turn those Volunteers loose and watch'em fly...keep those Techsters on their heels...all day...all the time...:rock::thumbsup::salute:

GO VOLS!

We'll be up 24-14 at the half.....people on VN will be moaning because we are only up by 10. Second half Tech gets an early field goal to make it a 7 point game. Some people on VN have to be put on suicide watch. At least half of VN is ready to give up on TN football before the first game is even over.

Tennessee rolls off two more TD's and by the beginning of the 4th quarter it's 38-17. With 10 mins left in the game, UT starts pulling the ones and lets the 2's and 3's take over the game, putting in some 4's to get them in the game. Both teams score a TD in garbage time.

Final score......45-24 Tennessee.

VN'ers then begin to complain that GT should not have gotten the 4th quarter (garbage time) TD and that we are lucky to have gotten away with the win.

Reactions: 3 people
We'll be up 24-14 at the half.....people on VN will be moaning because we are only up by 10. Second half Tech gets an early field goal to make it a 7 point game. Some people on VN have to be put on suicide watch. At least half of VN is ready to give up on TN football before the first game is even over.

Tennessee rolls off two more TD's and by the beginning of the 4th quarter it's 38-17. With 10 mins left in the game, UT starts pulling the ones and lets the 2's and 3's take over the game, putting in some 4's to get them in the game. Both teams score a TD in garbage time.

VN'ers then begin to complain that GT should not have gotten the 4th quarter (garbage time) TD and that we are lucky to have gotten away with the win.

Glad to see you finally sobered up.

What the hell are you talking about? When did I do that?!

I ain't got no time for that sober sh**!! You get sober, you just have to start all over again.

Damn amateurs.

Well your post made more sense than usual so I assumed your out of mad dog.

Last edited:
Per a GT poster in the FF:

"I can't start a thread but I will give you a GT team update.

The QB:
There is a new QB for 2017. The starter was expected to Mathew Jorden at the start of the season. MJ led GT to victory last year against VT.MJ is a down hill heavy hitting QB. MJ was not able to keep a firm hold of his job in fall practice. The current expectation is that T. Marshall is the starter. Marshall is down hill too, but has more quicks and less power than MJ. Lucas Johnson is the next possibility and is the best combination in weight and speed. He is also the best passer. Johnson may be too young to start given the need to know the complex system.

The Bad:
Lost the 1st (left the team) and 2nd (went to another school) string fullback

The big play maker Lynch slot back may be out for the game and will not start.

Out for the game is the starting left tackle

1st time starting for GTs QB if not Jorden

The Good:
The current OL is supposed to be the best Paul Johnson has had at GT - some depth issues

The WR and slotbacks are very skilled, very experienced, and have excellent proven abilities

The replacement fullback, Benson, has been in the system for 2 years and showed out in the spring game. He has always been on the radar.

A true freshman, Howard, is a fullback that has shown he may be better than last years true freshman starter Mills... He does not have the spring practice Mills had for his first year. He needs more time to learn the system.

Defense:

Good: all the DB are returning and are strong

Questions are out on the DL and we expect UT to run to test them

The LB are also a question for 2017"

tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back