Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Tech Pre-Game/Game Thread

I cannot believe how tore up everybody got about the first game. Played on the road with a QB debuting in his first start while losing its stud WR and with a DC that apparently knew nothing about how to defense a triple option style offense despite its basic existence since before he was born and having literally months and months to prepare.

We won. Take the good with the bad and know the coaching staff will make adjustments. The O looked really good in the second half. The UF game will tell us where we are as a team.

This sounds exactly like last year against Appalachian State.

To be fair, in the first half how many times did you see him step up in the pocket? I thought he was much better in the second half though.

Non-execution and unwillingness are two different things was my point. BB making it out to be the latter. Expecting a finished product game one is ridiculous. He'll fall back to his "he's a junior" default but game reps in a game like Monday's can't be replicated in practice or film studies. You can know the fundamentals and mechanics but when you're in your first barnburner you're just trying to survive. He did that, didn't kill the team with turnovers or fold. Dobbs was a mess in the same situations as a freshman and was still throwing critical interceptions as a senior. #Perspective

Non-execution and unwillingness are two different things was my point. BB making it out to be the latter. Expecting a finished product game one is ridiculous. He'll fall back to his "he's a junior" default but game reps in a game like Monday's can't be replicated in practice or film studies. You can know the fundamentals and mechanics but when you're in your first barnburner you're just trying to survive. He did that, didn't kill the team with turnovers or fold. Dobbs was a mess in the same situations as a freshman and was still throwing critical interceptions as a senior. #Perspective

Yep. I even see NFL QBs staring down their receivers. QD did fine for his first start. We don't win the game if he doesn't perform in the second half under a tremendous amount of pressure. I still have concerns but I think he is gonna be ok.

Edit* all of this is why I try to avoid speaking in absolutes. It's crazy to act like you KNOW for a fact that QD has sucked, still sucks, and always will suck based on a few garbage time snaps and one game as a starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am very glad that the US Open tennis tournament is almost over. I am really tired of having to see that on ESPN all the freakin' time.

VN Store

Back