'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

They don't trust Shrout because he throws picks and they don't trust Maurer because he makes a lot of mistakes and has been slow to learn the playbook. They both need seasoning-- which is hard to get sitting on the bench. Either we give one of them a shot and take our lumps now in hopes of winning some games later... or continue to hope JG will rise to the occasion. Could be a lose-lose proposition now that we're in SEC play.

That's obviously paid off because JG is taking such good care of the ball. Oh wait...

Reactions: Catbone
So all my pregame concerns were valid. Actually worse than I thought.

No DL pressure on Trask.

Our offensive line getting no push.

JG is awful.

No run game.

I thought we might look competitive.

But we are not very good. Mainly at QB but it is evident everywhere.
With that said, average to above average QB play it’s still a game.

Reactions: WriterVol
Maybe Pruitt is just revealing that he isn't a great Xs and Os guy. It's easy to have elite defenses when you have multiple NFL stars. Our defense looks like dogshit

They don't trust Shrout because he throws picks and they don't trust Maurer because he makes a lot of mistakes and has been slow to learn the playbook. They both need seasoning-- which is hard to get sitting on the bench. Either we give one of them a shot and take our lumps now in hopes of winning some games later... or continue to hope JG will rise to the occasion. Could be a lose-lose proposition now that we're in SEC play.

One more Florida score, and it won't matter. Might as well put a young guy in at that point and get what you get.

Yep
I atleast give a guy 3 years, firing a guy after 15 games sets you back even farther
It’s worthless
Plays are there, guys aren’t executing
JG is playing awful but we need to run the damn ball so Chaney is to blame for that also
Run the damn ball, I don’t care if you get 1 ****ing yard, keep it in the defenses mind
Look at the assistant coaches we have-- Fulmer lived on stuff like that. We have to give them a chance. I am blaming the quarterback, right now and hoping things improve.

Having a QB situation like this is on the coaches. You either bring in a grad transfer or develop and season your backups. Shrout has been here two seasons and Maurer was an EE. The coaches knew what they had. JG has ALWAYS been inconsistent, unreliable and easily rattled. Shrout didn't play a snap last year.
I think our only hope is that he will grad transfer next year and save us the pain and agony

I didn’t have anything positive to say for past two weeks so I checked out. Y’all in here killing each other. Hate this. It’s where we are as a program. Going to take our lumps for awhile. Play for future. Play young guys. Lack of trust in QBs is not a valid excuse. How can anyone trust what we have seen first half

We’re not winning this anyway. Time to see what we have.

I don’t think this is 100% on the coaches but quit playing guys that you obviously don’t trust

Reactions: zhangliao04
Yep
I atleast give a guy 3 years, firing a guy after 15 games sets you back even farther
It’s worthless
Plays are there, guys aren’t executing
JG is playing awful but we need to run the damn ball so Chaney is to blame for that also
Run the damn ball, I don’t care if you get 1 ****ing yard, keep it in the defenses mind
Go ahead. Go said where I said he should be fired. I'll wait. While I'm waiting I said I have zero confidence he will succeed here. He'll be here through the 2020 season but I doubt he makes it past there.

And, I like Pruitt. He seems like a good guy. I don't blame him, who wouldn't take the TN job from where he came. He wasn't ready for this job. It's likely to destroy his career as a head coach, at least for the short term. I blame those that hired him. I love coach fulmer but it was huge mistake to hire an experiment at that time.

Reactions: csprig9
Thai
They have played decent enough. Not awful. We just have no identity on offense and Chaney's hands are tied because we are so limited at QB

I do wish we would have tried to run the ball more. We haven’t been successful but gotta keep pounding. JG hamstrings this offense to the point where teams just play the run and trust him to throw it square in the chest of a DB when he has to chuck it

Reactions: drvenner
Maybe Pruitt is just revealing that he isn't a great Xs and Os guy. It's easy to have elite defenses when you have multiple NFL stars. Our defense looks like dogshit

That’s hard to believe based on videos from last year where he is literally playing chess and diagnosing offensive calls. But the zone defense now is confusing. Just terrible at it.

VN Store

Back