'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

It’s torture watching this team. I don’t why I continue to watch.

It's just a big joke. Following UT Football on social media is laughable. They know the fans will travel and spend money regardless so they hype up the team like they aren't microwaved dog ****.

If we only had a QB. Imagine if Dobbs we’re still here. If Tua was here. Burrows. Anybody else and we’re 3-0 and right in this game
We still need an o line and d line.

We're bad at QB and on both lines of scrimmage.

We have to blitz to pressure the QB and to stop the run. Easy to figure out what to do and they've done it... Middle of field is wide open and they're finding the guys to throw to in time.

Us offensively... Well no push up front...QB is not playing well and we're making way too many mistakes... Dumb ass penalties and bad turnovers.

Not a recipe for winning football.

Just utterly depressing. And there's no end to it in sight.
1569088106272.gif

They don't trust Shrout because he throws picks and they don't trust Maurer because he makes a lot of mistakes and has been slow to learn the playbook. They both need seasoning-- which is hard to get sitting on the bench. Either we give one of them a shot and take our lumps now in hopes of winning some games later... or continue to hope JG will rise to the occasion. Could be a lose-lose proposition now that we're in SEC play.

We have to blitz to pressure the QB and to stop the run. Easy to figure out what to do and they've done it... Middle of field is wide open and they're finding the guys to throw to in time.

Us offensively... Well no push up front...QB is not playing well and we're making way too many mistakes... Dumb ass penalties and bad turnovers.

View attachment 226515
Recruiting is the only way to fix it. OL will be legit and soon with the way we’ve recruited there. DL recruiting has been subpar. We have to improve that this year.

And dang we need Bailey to be ready day 1

View attachment 226515

Disagree here. I think both lines have played well. Run blocking could be better, though.

So all my pregame concerns were valid. Actually worse than I thought.

No DL pressure on Trask.

Our offensive line getting no push.

JG is awful.

No run game.

I thought we might look competitive.

But we are not very good. Mainly at QB but it is evident everywhere.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Maybe it should be coaches call but if JG is still in after the half, I’ll be catching This Old House and Woodright shop !

always been about next year and another year when gators suck....grrrrr !

They don't trust Shrout because he throws picks and they don't trust Maurer because he makes a lot of mistakes and has been slow to learn the playbook. They both need seasoning-- which is hard to get sitting on the bench. Either we give one of them a shot and take our lumps now in hopes of winning some games later... or continue to hope JG will rise to the occasion. Could be a lose-lose proposition now that we're in SEC play.
If we changed. At least the fans would understand losing with one of those guys. JG enrages the fan base.

It's not like JG has been protecting the ball this year. Let Shrout play with the ones. JG is a ****ing milquetoast player and can't lead a team, make reads, or make simple ****ing throws to wide open players.

Recruiting is the only way to fix it. OL will be legit and soon with the way we’ve recruited there. DL recruiting has been subpar. We have to improve that this year.

And dang we need Bailey to be ready day 1
Count me firmly in the "believe it when I see it" club.

I got the same reaction when I said the same stuff about Dooley, and Butch. And now, those same posters are preaching about how pathetic coaches Butch and Dooley were. I suspect in a couple of years it will repeat itself.

Yep
I atleast give a guy 3 years, firing a guy after 15 games sets you back even farther
It’s worthless
Plays are there, guys aren’t executing
JG is playing awful but we need to run the damn ball so Chaney is to blame for that also
Run the damn ball, I don’t care if you get 1 ****ing yard, keep it in the defenses mind

If JG takes the field again, there is no hope for Pruitt or keeping our recruiting class together. F'n bookit. This will show how pathetic and short-sited he is as a coach. Yep, I said it. You go with another QB, lose if you must, but at least you have shown you are willing to adjust or make a change for the future and recruits will see this and respect it... Leaving that F'n pathetic QB in will only show that he doesn't get it, is scared, and doesn't care.

I have been okay with seeing the big picture with Pruitt up until this game. We will see in the second half...

Callaway with ZERO catches .... LMFAO.... we may be fans, we may be dumb, but we are not STUPID... and this is looking pretty F'n STUPID moving forward.

Lastly, whoever is running the secondary today should be FIRED. You've gotten burned wide open in the middle for 5 straight series and you haven't adjusted... that is just Jr High coaching. How could you feel okay collecting a check this week as a coach with that performance...? Florida is not that good... Freakin KY did a better job of containment in the secondary with kids out... SMFH

Anyone remember '98 SEC championship vs Auburn? I think it was that game they brought almost the entire D to the LOS every play. It was madness instant pressure and we had to make loft throws.

We should just do that. Throw caution to the wind and go all gung ho. Not much to lose.

We are what we are. The game plan was actually good. If the offense executes it 14-14. This again IMO isn’t on coaching. With the depth and talent we have you just have no room for turnovers and penalties.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Disagree here. I think both lines have played well. Run blocking could be better, though.
They've had a couple moments but they've not been good. We have blitz to pressure the QB and to stop the run.

We've been just ok in protection and bad in the run game.

VN Store

Back