Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

Spot on analysis, ole chap. I am in concurrence that the game plan will be to control the clock with a dominating ground game. Expect 30-35 carries to only about 20 passes. Take advantage of our stable and run protection. We even overcome a pick 6.

20-10 Vols.

No the WRs were not. Callaway is better than any WR at this point last year. It's not close either.

If you want to go by upside, sure, I agree. But I’ll take a 3rd year Malone in a heartbeat right now. Callaway can be better than any receiver we’ve had in a while, but he’s played 2 games. Let me see it for longer.

Close if he isn't. Problem is he isn't being targeted enough to really say for sure. For the sale of this discussion let's say he is, is there anybody else coming close to Malone?

I don't think so.

Malone was very spotty in his contributions though. While I'll admit that no one has met his production to this point, I think someone could step up or two or three other guys could fill in his production. I think George, and Palmer will replace his production. Remains to be seen and I agree it's an unknown at this point.

Malone was very spotty in his contributions though. While I'll admit that no one has met his production to this point, I think someone could step up or two or three other guys could fill in his production. I think George, and Palmer will replace his production. Remains to be seen and I agree it's an unknown at this point.

George won't play a snap this week imo

If George can contribute this year then color me shocked. I know he has the TD last week but I don’t have a ton of confidence in him. 6 foot 6 and we can’t find a way to make him part of our red zone offense until now? Crazy. Would be great to see him contribute though.

Scott has been wanting to connect on that deep ball a lot so far so I can definitely see a big play or two down the field that can lead to some points.

Book it: Palmer and QD finally connect deep on a 40+ TD pass.

Or to Byrd or Williams. Also hope Josh Smith is his old self. Don't overlook Wolfe having key catches.:good!:

I'm not confident about this game, it's a tough read, mostly because of our defense.

I'm not in Shoop's corner but I want to be. I've seen enough to form a solid opinion and it's not good.

And Florida has historically found their groove versus Tennessee. And it's in Gainesville.

It's going to be close.

Scott has been wanting to connect on that deep ball a lot so far so I can definitely see a big play or two down the field that can lead to some points.

Book it: Palmer and QD finally connect deep on a 40+ TD pass.

I'm going with dormady and latrell Williams connecting on the deep ball, 75 yards

I switch from us losing a tight game to winning by 20+ every thirty minutes.

By kickoff I will assuredly believe they will learn.

Reactions: 4 people
Regarding the receivers, people saying that they were better last year have the benefit of any entire season to compare. We really didn't know what we had going into the Florida game. It was that game that showed us what they could do. Remember that we played 3 games before Florida last year, and through three games, Jennings had only 6 receptions for a paltry 31 yards. Malone had better established himself with 9 receptions for 196.

All things considered, I think our offense is at least as good as last year's, and I have no reason to think that it won't improve as Dormady and the young receivers settle in. Given what Florida lost on defense, I just don't see them getting enough stops.

UT 31
UF 17

We have two non-offensive TDs, and grind the rest out with boring drives for the other scores. They get a big play score on a reverse or something gimmicky, and one pick 6 or scoop and score.

And great work Nick, as usual.

Reactions: 1 person
I did not see the toughness and dominance by our lines that I expected to see against our first two opponents. It is that lack that gives me a bad feeling about this game. Perhaps that is what the oddsmakers see, too. At any rate, I'm not going to pick Florida to win.

VN Store

Back