Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

My biggest concern and key to the game is Dormady's reaction to pressure, brought from different directions from the FL D. If he handles that pressure and is able to punish them for blitzing I think we win big. If they end up hitting him often and it results in turnovers, I think we could be in for a long day.

Given that Dormady is not spectacular but is a good game manager, I think the VOls win 24-17.

If Dormady struggles, do we see Guarantano?

Don't think so after last week. That poor play along with Ga Tech comebabck tells me this QD game start to finish

Reactions: 1 person
Don't think so after last week. That poor play along with Ga Tech comebabck tells me this QD game start to finish

What if Dormady gets blind sided a couple of times and fumbles. What if he has a peterman type reaction? What if he's completely ineffective? What if he get's picked a couple of times? Not saying he will or I expect it but I think if it becomes a problem, I see it happening.

What if Dormady gets blind sided a couple of times and fumbles. What if he has a peterman type reaction? What if he's completely ineffective? What if he get's picked a couple of times? Not saying he will or I expect it but I think if it becomes a problem, I see it happening.

Short of getting hurt I think this is his game.

Oh wow that's a lot of points.

We put up 35 in a half last year vs. a better defense. I think our RB's are going to go for over 250 yards on the ground and that opens up play action for some deep TD's to Callaway and his friends. Our D is going to bring the blitzes from the jump and not let UF get into any kind of rhythm.

Ass. Whoopin.

Reactions: 7 people
We put up 35 in a half last year vs. a better defense. I think our RB's are going to go for over 250 yards on the ground and that opens up play action for some deep TD's to Callaway and his friends. Our D is going to bring the blitzes from the jump and not let UF get into any kind of rhythm.

Ass. Whoopin.

We had a much better QB then.

This is it. Make or break time for Shoop. Either a building block or a stumbling block for Butch. It's hard to choose how this will go - don't yet trust our guys and can't stand theirs.

Oh, whatever...

Vols 33
Gators 16

Well done, nick.

What if Dormady gets blind sided a couple of times and fumbles. What if he has a peterman type reaction? What if he's completely ineffective? What if he get's picked a couple of times? Not saying he will or I expect it but I think if it becomes a problem, Isee it happening.

Alright Creed

Reactions: 2 people
I think that's marginal. I think Callaway is playing at Jenning's level last year and I think Palmer can equal Malone. I think they were better but not all that much.

It's been a decent start for the WRs but it's hard to forgive the drops. I think it's a wider gap than most think from last year to this especially with Jennings being out.

This is it. Make or break time for Shoop. Either a building block or a stumbling block for Butch. It's hard to choose how this will go - don't yet trust our guys and can't stand theirs.

Oh, whatever...

Vols 33
Gators 16

Well done, nick.

This game is huge for Shoop. His best weapon could be Larry Scott. If his game plan can minimize the Gator's possessions and keep his defense fresh I think the Defense has a good day.

It's been a decent start for the WRs but it's hard to forgive the drops. I think it's a wider gap than most think from last year to this especially with Jennings being out.

DO you not think Callaway is playing as well as Jennings last year?

Ass. Whoopin.

Scott has been wanting to connect on that deep ball a lot so far so I can definitely see a big play or two down the field that can lead to some points.

Book it: Palmer and QD finally connect deep on a 40+ TD pass.

DO you not think Callaway is playing as well as Jennings last year?

Close if he isn't. Problem is he isn't being targeted enough to really say for sure. For the sale of this discussion let's say he is, is there anybody else coming close to Malone?

I don't think so.

The drops are killing us. I will say though, WRs last year dropped something like 5-6 balls against UF and dropped more as the year went on. So that aspect is basically a wash right now.

I do think WR at this point last year were better. This current group has way more upside though, IMO.

The drops are killing us. I will say though, WRs last year dropped something like 5-6 balls against UF and dropped more as the year went on. So that aspect is basically a wash right now.

I do think WR at this point last year were better. This current group has way more upside though, IMO.

No the WRs were not. Callaway is better than any WR at this point last year. It's not close either.

Great stuff, Nick.

I see UT coming out strong early and getting a big lead this time and UF mentally collapses as the Vols cruise to a landslide victory.

45-13 Vols

This is the one scenario I do not see happening. I just think the Gators and Vols are such a big rivalry that the Gators will not give up. They have come back too many times to beat us in the past.

VN Store

Back