Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ez, I had a lot to say to you. But unfortunately, I don't think we agree on this topic. You prefer to assume someone that is white doesn't understand the black community based on their skin color. I disagree and I will leave it as that. I still stick to the problems in the black community is in the mirror. It's the social culture, life lessons and blame that fosters further failure. A mirror will be the community's salvation. In that mirror you will see hard work, encouragement and love will make the community successful not welfare and hand outs. Jmo. :hi:

Lol, well I guess we disagree. But I guess you will never understand their community if you sum it up to welfare and handouts.

Especially since whites receive the most in handouts and welfare. And those programs changed once blacks were allowed to get a piece of the pie. But you have to know history to understand.

But good day sir.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, well I guess we disagree. But I guess you will never understand their community if you sum it up to welfare and handouts.

Especially since whites receive the most in handouts and welfare. And those programs changed once blacks were allowed to get a piece of the pie. But you have to know history to understand.

But good day sir.

Ez, I won't pretend to know what it would be like to walk one day in the shoes of an African-American, especially when having to overcome poverty. I do know this that I pray that God can and does work despite any challenges any people group experiences. I know that I love and appreciate what makes each one of us unique, all while we are still equal as humans. It's because of this that it breaks my heart to see things like broken homes and endless cycles of poverty, but it's not just for any one race of people. On the flip side, to see someone overcome despite their adversities in life is one of the most beautiful pictures of grace and has my utmost admiration.

Is it hard to break the cycles of generations past? Absolutely. I pray that AA leaders rise up that encourage and speak Biblical truths, who can be a positive force for change, and who are also embraced by the AA community. There are some out there, but until Al Sarpton is replaced by someone like Tony Evans as the voice of reason, this cycle will likely continue. Again, I can't pretend to know all the social issues, but I do pray that change happens, and even more for any racism/prejudice/favoritism out there by whites or any other race to cease.

Reactions: 3 people

But good day sir.

Lol the "white people don't understand" narrative is lazy. Get something else. It's not complicated. You're just making it out to be complicated because you don't want to admit the truth. :eek:lol:

Its the same thing across the board and, like I said, if the community keeps pointing fingers elsewhere, they'll never improve. Nor should they. My opinion does not stem from the news. It comes from real life experience, conversations and charitable runs I've made hundreds of times.

Get your condescending bull**** out of this thread. Lol.

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for either damn side. They both are wrong as hell.

And 2 wrongs don't make a right and encouraging vigilante retaliations for acts of wrong doings would make for an extremely dangerous terrible lawless world

Mr trump is encouraging just that

I'll never condone the violence. It isn't right. I agree with you. But at the same time there are several situations I can see myself decking someone who is aggressive toward me or my family, even if it's verbal only.

A lot of idiots need attitude adjustments. If you to an event of any kind just to be a disruptive butthole, you pretty much deserve what you get. Same goes for both sides.

Lol the "white people don't understand" narrative is lazy. Get something else. It's not complicated. You're just making it out to be complicated because you don't want to admit the truth. :eek:lol:

Its the same thing across the board and, like I said, if the community keeps pointing fingers elsewhere, they'll never improve. Nor should they. My opinion does not stem from the news. It comes from real life experience, conversations and charitable runs I've made hundreds of times.

Get your condescending bull**** out of this thread. Lol.

Well If you don't believe or fail to believe systematic racism exists then we have nothing else to talk about.

Last edited:
Ez, I won't pretend to know what it would be like to walk one day in the shoes of an African-American, especially when having to overcome poverty. I do know this that I pray that God can and does work despite any challenges any people group experiences. I know that I love and appreciate what makes each one of us unique, all while we are still equal as humans. It's because of this that it breaks my heart to see things like broken homes and endless cycles of poverty, but it's not just for any one race of people. On the flip side, to see someone overcome despite their adversities in life is one of the most beautiful pictures of grace and has my utmost admiration.

Is it hard to break the cycles of generations past? Absolutely. I pray that AA leaders rise up that encourage and speak Biblical truths, who can be a positive force for change, and who are also embraced by the AA community. There are some out there, but until Al Sarpton is replaced by someone like Tony Evans as the voice of reason, this cycle will likely continue. Again, I can't pretend to know all the social issues, but I do pray that change happens, and even more for any racism/prejudice/favoritism out there by whites or any other race to cease.

Thank you and great post! I think Trump has brought out the worse in both sides and woke up a sleeping giant.

I have been fortunate to see/listen in person to Dr. Evans on several occasions. One of the most inspiring people to ever walk this planet. I own and have read a dozen or so of his books, which I lend out to other men. He has made a powerful influence on my life, which has impacted our family, friends and church. One man multiplied many, many times influenced by a Christian (AA) man taking a stand after trusting the Lord and committing his life to the betterment of others.

Contrast that with what we see today. I am so sick of racism in all of its forms. I am also weary of people blaming everybody but themselves for the choices they make that turn out bad.

Choose wisely and trust the Lord to guide you on your journey. He will deliver your from the trials if you let him.

I can't remember who I was talking with about Illinois last week, but Cruz is making a pretty big push here.

On the Dem side, Sanders has closed the gap significantly. He has spent the last few days railing against Chicago's very unpopular Mayor and its playing well.

I can't remember who I was talking with about Illinois last week, but Cruz is making a pretty big push here.

On the Dem side, Sanders has closed the gap significantly. He has spent the last few days railing against Chicago's very unpopular Mayor and its playing well.

It was me. I'm hoping Cruz can somehow pull out IL, MO, and NC tomorrow.

Also polls are showing him closing in OH too. But it's probably between kasich and trump there. But man, how huge it would be if Cruz could win that one too.

Also polls are showing him closing in OH too. But it's probably between kasich and trump there. But man, how huge it would be if Cruz could win that one too.

I do know that Cruz will be in Rockford and Bloomington, IL today. Prob shows that he thinks he has a better shot to do well here. Ohio is winner take all, so I'd think if its not going to Trump there, it will be Kasich.

I am going to try to help out in MO.

I am going to try to help out in MO.

Z2DPU4i.gif

But good day sir.

In your above statement, is that gross or per capita of specific population?
Makes a big difference

In your above statement, is that gross or per capita of specific population?
Makes a big difference

Gross. And I'm sure if it's by per capita, whites probably have the lowest rate. Pretty sure of this.

Last edited:

Would be a game changer for sure

Sorry so long.

Ez, sorry for the delay in response I have copied your response from the previous thread in order to respond to a few of your comments.

So in reference to they you mean black people? There goes that hidden racism, instead of referring ppl as Black or African American, you hide behind the word they or the ones to hide who you're referencing.

When I used the word they to describe a group I was referring those who the previous conversation was talking about. Similar to you using the word they to describe the same group in a previous post. Somehow my comment is deemed by you to be underlying racist. This is something that pisses me off to a great extent. I am a believer in all men are created equally and truly want truth and morality to thrive and racism to vanish including all races and all ways.

From your comments, to be honest, it seems that you want to find racism in everything. When MLK spoke on all men are created equal, he meant every race. Racism in any way shape or form is as equally as bad as the other. A white man calling an African American the n word is no different than you hatefully calling a white man a cracker. Racism is racism, and neither is right.

And with your other points, I could go all day in talking about how many white people, some still living, are the main reasons why those same people are in the situation they are in. You try to rationalize what's going on now with the past 50 years rather than looking over almost 300 year span of events.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12478047&postcount=11981

I do not know the problems that a black man will go through in the modern times. I admit that I don't think you as a black man, are having it as bad as what slavery times-the 1970's. What the protesters of all colors went through during the civil rights movement was atrocious? Are there those that still wish to oppress people of color still around? Yes. Are they as strong or powerful? No. At some point everyone has to get past the past. That doesn't mean to forget what happened? No but it does mean we do everything in our power to prevent one race of people from trying to rule over another race.

You are too focused on "well, I did it, they should be able to do it". And sir, that's just not how it works.

I did make it from a fairly meager situation, My mom was a sibling to 12, raised in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house. When they lived in Nashville, the oldest kids would go pick rotten vegetables out of the dump, having to fight off adults with sticks so they wouldn't be taken advantage of. She then married a douche that cheated on her for 15 years, then raised 3 boys on $8/hour after he left for a woman in another country and left us to starve. I said I will do everything in my power to ensure my wife and kids never have to go through what I did. I am not rich by any means but I have a good job, not because I'm white but because I work my hardest and do the best I can.

You and others of all races who are poor have the opportunity to live in a country where you can make your own opportunities with hard work and educating yourself. Encourage that to those around you, instead of divisiveness.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back