Recruiting Forum Off-Topic Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came from a low, but steady income family. Total disfunction, messed up parents. Learned to work hard with only the Lord to count on to make it because I sure was not going to get any emotional, financial, etc. support from those two. Made more mistakes than I care to count. Was able to also do some good things. However, I cannot recall ever asking or wanting the government to do anything for me, but protect our country from other nations and peoples that would love to take us out. I always thought it was my role to do well, pay taxes, and support those that protected us all. I never thought that anybody owed me anything or that I should attempt to stop somebody else from achieving their dreams by shouting them down, looting, being violent, etc.

My first job out of college there were 3 trainees picked from a group of graduates that interviewed. I was one. I had good, not great, grades. I had worked all the way through college in part time jobs to support my way through and graduated in 4 years, which included playing baseball for a time. I guess they liked that. I tried to be respectful, focused, knowledgeable about the profession, and willing to work hard. I had nobody to pull strings for me - I was 500 miles away from where I grew up. The other two selected were similar - one was a minority. We all started at the bottom learning the craft.

What happened after that was on us as individuals. Nobody owed us anything. We had changed the circumstances of our birth through hard work, focus and perseverance. The end result for me was a beautiful family, financial security and retirement at age 54, and a deep relationship with the Lord who had sustained me even in the worst times. I would advise the "disruptors" as Trump calls them to try it instead of being negative forces for failure. If you have time to disrupt, you have time to be constructive and better yourself.

Reactions: 5 people
And you probably had parents that instilled that into you or some guidance from someone. Many don't have that same guidance at a young age.

My Dad was an alcoholic and was forced to leave when I was six. If I was "lucky", I was able to see him once a year until he died from lung cancer when I was 16. But you're right.

Everything was tougher for you.

My deepest and most humble apology. I truly don't understand tough times. I am too simplistic and ignorant to see how life truly is. Pardon my lack of understanding.

Reactions: 3 people
Came from a low, but steady income family. Total disfunction, messed up parents. Learned to work hard with only the Lord to count on to make it because I sure was not going to get any emotional, financial, etc. support from those two. Made more mistakes than I care to count. Was able to also do some good things. However, I cannot recall ever asking or wanting the government to do anything for me, but protect our country from other nations and peoples that would love to take us out. I always thought it was my role to do well, pay taxes, and support those that protected us all. I never thought that anybody owed me anything or that I should attempt to stop somebody else from achieving their dreams by shouting them down, looting, being violent, etc.

My first job out of college there were 3 trainees picked from a group of graduates that interviewed. I was one. I had good, not great, grades. I had worked all the way through college in part time jobs to support my way through and graduated in 4 years, which included playing baseball for a time. I guess they liked that. I tried to be respectful, focused, knowledgeable about the profession, and willing to work hard. I had nobody to pull strings for me - I was 500 miles away from where I grew up. The other two selected were similar - one was a minority. We all started at the bottom learning the craft.

What happened after that was on us as individuals. Nobody owed us anything. We had changed the circumstances of our birth through hard work, focus and perseverance. The end result for me was a beautiful family, financial security and retirement at age 54, and a deep relationship with the Lord who had sustained me even in the worst times. I would advise the "disruptors" as Trump calls them to try it instead of being negative forces for failure. If you have time to disrupt, you have time to be constructive and better yourself.

I am jealous...retirement at 54? Hopefully voluntary and not health related.

I turn 54 this year. Med school dept and 2 kids @40+ means I won't retire until about 68-69... :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
It isn't about me. Life has never been fair and always tougher for African Americans for years in America. So dude, like myself, you have no idea what that community has to deal with. And your simplistic argument about that community is an ignorant one.

I understand that it's difficult to understand when you don't have to wear those shoes.

And I grew up in Memphis too. So what else?

One reason that I no longer live in Memphis. Too many people there want to make everything about race related issues.

It is a shame that so many Memphians can only see things as Black or White. The world is much deeper than that.

Good luck to you. :salute:

One reason that I no longer live in Memphis. Too many people there want to make everything about race related issues.

It is a shame that so many Memphians can only see things as Black or White. The world is much deeper than that.

Good luck to you. :salute:

I agree nothing is black and white. There's more to every issue and problem in the world. And I visit Memphis often however won't live there any more since there's so much to see.

Same to you sir. I understand where you come from.

It isn't about me. Life has never been fair and always tougher for African Americans for years in America. So dude, like myself, you have no idea what that community has to deal with. And your simplistic argument about that community is an ignorant one.

I understand that it's difficult to understand when you don't have to wear those shoes.

And I grew up in Memphis too. So what else?

Ez, I had a lot to say to you. But unfortunately, I don't think we agree on this topic. You prefer to assume someone that is white doesn't understand the black community based on their skin color. I disagree and I will leave it as that. I still stick to the problems in the black community is in the mirror. It's the social culture, life lessons and blame that fosters further failure. A mirror will be the community's salvation. In that mirror you will see hard work, encouragement and love will make the community successful not welfare and hand outs. Jmo. :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
LOL CNN is interviewing and defending the guy who rushed the stage to attack Trump! He actively uses facebook and twitter spreading how he is a martyr. Not to mention videos of him walking on the American flag.

I am jealous...retirement at 54? Hopefully voluntary and not health related.

I turn 54 this year. Med school dept and 2 kids @40+ means I won't retire until about 68-69... :hi:

Yes, it was voluntary, thanks for caring. Emotionally I was worn down from work stress. I was overweight and not active enough because of the Blackberry tether involved in running an intense business. I had become a desk jockey. I laid it all at the Lord's feet. Within 2 days an unexpected opportunity to retire early with a long term parachute was offered. My wife and I knew that was a God thing!

We had a very good run financially for about a decade before the offer. Took it and never looked back despite numerous offers to extend my career when the non-compete clause ran out. I had wanted for years to have the time to devote to my faith, family, friends, ministries, and personal well being (and golf :)). It has been the most gratifying period of my life, especially when the grandson came into this world.

Doc - we get a sense of when it is time to go if we are paying attention. I hope you have the health and desire to do what you want with your career for as long as you want to do it. This is because I know your heart from your words on here. I admire you taking on the debt to upgrade your circumstances to make your chosen career possible. I just pray there remains enough financial security for medical professionals to choose and remain in the industry. :hi:

LOL CNN is interviewing and defending the guy who rushed the stage to attack Trump! He actively uses facebook and twitter spreading how he is a martyr. Not to mention videos of him walking on the American flag.

I know I am getting into Volatil's blue hair territory in age, but it wasn't that long ago that dude would be doing hard time for 10 years in a maximum security prison for attacking a Presidential candidate. This country is messed up.

So who is worse Cnn or this man?

@dcexaminer: Trump looks to pay legal fees in sucker punch incident https://t.co/vfV7E7pIPL

Yes, it was voluntary, thanks for caring. Emotionally I was worn down from work stress. I was overweight and not active enough because of the Blackberry tether involved in running an intense business. I had become a desk jockey. I laid it all at the Lord's feet. Within 2 days an unexpected opportunity to retire early with a long term parachute was offered. My wife and I knew that was a God thing!

We had a very good run financially for about a decade before the offer. Took it and never looked back despite numerous offers to extend my career when the non-compete clause ran out. I had wanted for years to have the time to devote to my faith, family, friends, ministries, and personal well being (and golf :)). It has been the most gratifying period of my life, especially when the grandson came into this world.

Doc - we get a sense of when it is time to go if we are paying attention. I hope you have the health and desire to do what you want with your career for as long as you want to do it. This is because I know your heart from your words on here. I admire you taking on the debt to upgrade your circumstances to make your chosen career possible. I just pray there remains enough financial security for medical professionals to choose and remain in the industry. :hi:

No matter what, I am all in.
The fact that health care in the US is changing, doesn't change that I can't think of anything else I would rather do ... Except coach. :)

Thank you .

No matter what, I am all in.
The fact that health care in the US is changing, doesn't change that I can't think of anything else I would rather do ... Except coach. :)

Thank you .

Heard there might be a receivers coach opening after the season... :)

Heard there might be a receivers coach opening after the season... :)

I would kill for that... Figuratively, well maybe not if it would help our VOLS :)

My previous posts were mainly to point out that that there are hardships and successes from all backgrounds regardless. I really didn't want to make any hoopla about myself.

Last edited:
The initial aggressor is the protester. So the protester

So in America when we see something "wrong" going on it's fair game for assaulting that person?

You do realize that's exactly what trump is condoning here don't you?

Can you imagine an America like that?

Last edited:
So in America when we see something "wrong" going on it's fair game for assaulting that person?

You do realize that's exactly what trump is condoning here don't you?

Can you imagine an America like that?

I just don't have sympathy for protesters at candidate rallies. It isn't some guy on the side of the road. They are going the rally to be aggressive. When they succeed in instigating, that's a them problem. There is no room for sympathy from me. Jmo. I'll say the same thing when trump followers retaliate.

I just don't have sympathy for protesters at candidate rallies. It isn't some guy on the side of the road. They are going the rally to be aggressive. When they succeed in instigating, that's a them problem. There is no room for sympathy from me. Jmo. I'll say the same thing when trump followers retaliate.

I have no sympathy for either damn side. They both are wrong as hell.

And 2 wrongs don't make a right and encouraging vigilante retaliations for acts of wrong doings would make for an extremely dangerous terrible lawless world

Mr trump is encouraging just that

Last edited:
I have no symphony for either damn side. They both are wrong as hell.

And 2 wrongs don't make a right and encouraging vigilante retaliations for acts of wrong doings would make for an extremely dangerous terrible lawless world

Mr trump is encouraging just that

I don't think they care if you play them a song.

Trump 4 prez

Trump must be stopped. I call on the power of He-Man!
by-the-power-of-greyskull-o.gif

Aggressor? This is assault.

Funny thing about this is how many of us have seen a drunk tailgater threatening, giving the finger, interrupting an event?

My guess is darn near all of us have seen that. I may or may not be guilty of just that

What seems to be said here by op is that person if fair game for assaulting.

Mr trump needs to come to an SEC football game and see how much vigilante behavior he really wants to condone. Reminds me of the giants fan beaten nearly to death at a dodgers game for taunting opposing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back