Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent Dallas isn't hurt is he? Was expecting to hear his name pop up quite a bit more this spring.

Randolph picked Bray off again this scrimmage. Tino Thomas got a pick too. Lathers and Tino laid some good hits out there today. Everyone is saying Lathers smashed Da'Rick and a few others today. Lathers, King, and Crump will go a long way in helping our defense play well this year.

Don't know if you saw his interview. Lathers admitted to a helmet to helmet hit on DR, said he didn't mean to do it, and then kinda laughed about it. :p

Fortenberry of VQ said McCullers & Patterson are scheduled to arrive on campus at the beginning of June.

I'm pretty sure McCullers has already graduated from GMC & is back home waiting to move to campus.

Reactions: 7 people
Fortenberry of VQ said McCullers & Patterson are scheduled to arrive on campus at the beginning of June.

I'm pretty sure McCullers has already graduated from GMC & is back home waiting to move to campus.

Great news. Those two guys plus Borque are the ones I'm excited the most about seeing. Can't wait to hear how they progress this summer. If they are close to living up to the hype, watch out. This team is looking better and better.

Showed potential at the start, but is definitely a project. Out for the rest of spring with mono now.

Vol2013 - when you say project, what do you mean? What have you heard about him? I haven't read much, but thought he was solid.

Thanks.

No one answered the question about Jacob Carter. He's putting up good numbers. Does anyone know anything about him?

He's a walk-on who sent to school with Tiny. His name may pop occasionally for a special team tackle over the next couple of years, but don't get your hopes up.

Vol2013 - when you say project, what do you mean? What have you heard about him? I haven't read much, but thought he was solid.

Thanks.

Thinking about it the term project might have been a little strong. I've just heard that he is certainly not ready to go right out of the box. That he has done some things that Graham really likes, but then will turn around and make a mistake.

He's a walk-on who sent to school with Tiny. His name may pop occasionally for a special team tackle over the next couple of years, but don't get your hopes up.

Buck Fitzgerald said they are pushing to give him a scholarship. He was injured his senior year, so he isn't your typical walk on. He may be one to look for.

Thinking about it the term project might have been a little strong. I've just heard that he is certainly not ready to go right out of the box. That he has done some things that Graham really likes, but then will turn around and make a mistake.

Understood. Typical freshman stuff, then it sounds like.

4/14 scrimmage stats

Passing
Bray 13-23, 180-yards. 1 touchdown, 1 interception.
Worley 10-22 138-yards. Sacked three times.
T Page 4-5, 29 yards. 1 touchdown.

Rushing
Lane 12-71 1 TD, 22 long.
Young 7-35 24 long.
Neal 12-39, 1 TD. 1 fumble.
Smith 6-6
D. Rogers 2-9

Receiving
Rivera 5-43 1 TD
Hunter 3-70 1 TD (Including 50-yard TD)
D. Rogers 2-14
Downs 2-15
Clear 2-16
Jacob Carter 4-102
Neal 2-36
Smith 1-4
Oliver 1-11
Bartholomew 1-7

FG
Palardy 1-2, 42 good, 34 no good.
Brodus 2-2 44 and 31

Punting

Palardy 3-126. 42 yard average
Darr 4-167. 41.7 yard average

Tackles
Lanier 6,
Coleman 6, 1 PBU
Rod Wilks 6, 2 TFL
Lathers 5, 1 PBU
AJ Johnson 5
Randolph 5, 1 Int.
Crump 3
Waggner 2
Bohannon 2, 1 sacks
Walls 2
Saulsberry 2
Teague 2
Propst 3
Tino Thomas 1, 1 Int
Fowlkes 1 sack
J Smith 1, 1 TFL
Taylor 1
Sentimore 1
Couch 1
Brewer 1
Williams 1 sack

Is this Jacob Carter kid for real or just a fluke?

Looks like Brodus wants to be our FG kicker.

Looks like Brodus wants to be our FG kicker.

Imso disgusted with our FG kicking. I could easily make a 34 yarder. We will yet again lose at least one game because of missed FG. I remember when I changed the channel on 40yd FG because they were automatic. Now I change the channel because I don't want to see the result.

I was watching the Sports Source show this past Sunday & they had a segment on which they picked the 7 most important Vols for this upcoming season. I thought I would ask the same question to you guys, who do you think are the 7 most important Vols for this coming season?

Here are mine:

1 - Justin Hunter: We all know how explosive this kid can be & we all saw how much our offense suffered last season after he went down. Everyone says it usually takes 2 years to come back from a ACL 100%, if we can just get a 85-90% JH11 then he is a lot better than a 100% of other WR's in the SEC.

2 - Tyler Bray: He looks to finally be coming that leader that everyone has been looking for. There is not a throw that Bray can't make. Probably has the most potential out of any QB in the nation right now. We need a full season of Tyler Bray at QB.

3 - Da'Rick Roges: One of the most physically impressive WR's in the entire nation, he doesn't shy away from any contact & doesn't care to go across the middle to make catches. In some ways he reminds me of a Dez Bryant in physical stature. We saw how great Rogers ability was last season, he had a monster year. If he is able to keep his head on straight then just imagine how much better he will be w/ JH11 taking some pressure away from him.

4 - Daniel McCullers: W/ Sal bringing over his 3-4 scheme we are in search of a true NT. McCullers has the body to be just that. If he can come in & get into football shape quick he can anchor the front 7 of this defense. Just imagine how many extra guys it could take trying to block this 6'7" 380lb DL leaving AJ Johnson to come free.

5 - Herman Lathers: So far this Spring Lathers has been one of the surprises after breaking his ankle last year & missing the entire season. If Lathers can continue to progress like he has so far & stay healthy he will give us much added depth at the LB spot. As of right now they have Lathers running w/ the 1's at ILB & SLB.

6 - Rajion Neal: I've always thought Neal had the prototypical size & speed for a NFL , he just has fumbliatis. I think w/ Coach Graham being here it will help Neal out. If he can continue to run hard & fumble less he could give our running attack a boost.

7 - Cordarrelle Patterson: Some Scouts said Patterson was the best WR in the country JUCO or HS. If he can even live up to half of that hype he could be apart of the most dynamic WR group in all of CFB & make our passing game/offense almost impossible to stop.

@DanieLewisUTCBS: The Vols have averaged 7 yards per offensive play in the two spring scrimmages when either Devrin Young or Rajion Neal touched the ball.

@DanieLewisUTCBS: Young is averaging 8.6 yards-per-offensive touch and Neal is at 6.2 for the two scrimmages. Highest two among players with 10 + touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back