Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Jordan Williams and Coleman are starting to play well. I think Williams would be hell coming from the Jack position. Coleman may have some of the better tools of the CBs I watched line up for us last year.

Also good to hear that the players love D.Ansley so far. Much easier to play for a coach you like.

Byron Moore and Randolph are the 1's at safety and here's to hoping they gel as pair back there.

I have a feeling players saying that they love Ansley is going to become common place, especially on the recruiting trail. Not only does he appear to be an upgrade of TJ as a DB coach, I also have a feeling he will be atleast just as good if not better of a recruiter

Glad Jordan Williams and Coleman are starting to play well. I think Williams would be hell coming from the Jack position. Coleman may have some of the better tools of the CBs I watched line up for us last year.

Also good to hear that the players love D.Ansley so far. Much easier to play for a coach you like.

Byron Moore and Randolph are the 1's at safety and here's to hoping they gel as pair back there.

I'm thinking that by NC State it'll be #1 Smith and #2 Williams at that Jack LB. I've thought that as soon as the 3-4 talk started in 2011.

And somebody on here was telling me that I was out of my mind for making the argument that Moore was playing better as the season went on. Considering he was playing three positions last year, I figure it can't do anything but help being exclusively a safety. Even if he doesn't take Brewer's job (if he even returns to safety like I think he will), there's another experienced backup in case of the worst.

I have a feeling players saying that they love Ansley is going to become common place, especially on the recruiting trail. Not only does he appear to be an upgrade of TJ as a DB coach, I also have a feeling he will be atleast just as good if not better of a recruiter

And that guy in your avatar is starting to really show out.

But, yeah, Sal talks about Ansley like he's his star student or something. From everything I've seen, CDA is an upgrade over CTJ as a coach, and is playing the technique as a recruiter.

Didn't CDD say they may try JWilliams out at SAM? Not JACK. Of course he may be learning both. Why not ILB too? They say he has good speed and he's what--6'5 250-260? Sounds like he might could play any of the LB spots

Also-

Can someone post a list of the player numbers on here (or at least the newcomers)? When I watch the practice vids I keep wondering who I'm looking at for part of them

I'm thinking that by NC State it'll be #1 Smith and #2 Williams at that Jack LB. I've thought that as soon as the 3-4 talk started in 2011.

And somebody on here was telling me that I was out of my mind for making the argument that Moore was playing better as the season went on. Considering he was playing three positions last year, I figure it can't do anything but help being exclusively a safety. Even if he doesn't take Brewer's job (if he even returns to safety like I think he will), there's another experienced backup in case of the worst.

Brewer is a LB now. He's not moving back.

Also-

Can someone post a list of the player numbers on here (or at least the newcomers)? When I watch the practice vids I keep wondering who I'm looking at for part of them

University of Tennessee Athletics: Football

This should help you. I can't help getting pumped up as I was scrolling down the column that list the player's class. We aren't gonna lose a whole lot of seniors after this year. How awesome will it be to return 20 starters(counting k/p & assuming nobody goes pro)that will be entering their 3rd consecutive year starting together in '13? I feel like a lot of leaders are gonna emerge this year. The '13 team should be loaded with veteran leaders all over the field.

University of Tennessee Athletics: Football

This should help you. I can't help getting pumped up as I was scrolling down the column that list the player's class. We aren't gonna lose a whole lot of seniors after this year. How awesome will it be to return 20 starters(counting k/p & assuming nobody goes pro)that will be entering their 3rd consecutive year starting together in '13? I feel like a lot of leaders are gonna emerge this year. The '13 team should be loaded with veteran leaders all over the field.

Yeah '13 COULD be special but that schedule. Shew could be murder. AT FL bama Oregon and Mizzou

Yeah '13 COULD be special but that schedule. Shew could be murder. AT FL bama Oregon and Mizzou

You're right, that is a murderous schedule. But IF everyone comes back for their senior year I feel like our talent & the fact that these guys will be playing together for the 3rd year in a row would be huge. I could see this team being in the top 10 easily going into '13. Hopefully by then with the talent & leaders on the team they wouldn't be scared going into Autzen, Bryant-Denny, or the swamp.

Peterman dislocated a finger on his throwing hand today, he will be held out for the rest of Spring practice.

I can't wait for the 2013 Oregon game out here in Oregon. I haven't been to a UT game since I moved out Left in 2000. I plan on taking my 4 year old daughter (she will be 5 next year) to that game, her first live football game. But during last season she sat with me and watched all of UT's games. She likes the team in the orange uniforms. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
I can't wait for the 2013 Oregon game out here in Oregon. I haven't been to a UT game since I moved out Left in 2000. I plan on taking my 4 year old daughter (she will be 5 next year) to that game, her first live football game. But during last season she sat with me and watched all of UT's games. She likes the team in the orange uniforms. GBO

I have been looking forward to traveling out there for this game for a few yrs but now not sure if we will get to. Would cost a pretty penny. And i will have three small kids then and a mortgage. Ha . I would love to go with my dad. He's been taking me to games since i was a wee lad (section y6). Would be nice to pay him back a little.

Randolph picked Bray off again this scrimmage. Tino Thomas got a pick too. Lathers and Tino laid some good hits out there today. Everyone is saying Lathers smashed Da'Rick and a few others today. Lathers, King, and Crump will go a long way in helping our defense play well this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Randolph picked Bray off again this scrimmage. Tino Thomas got a pick too. Lathers and Tino laid some good hits out there today. Everyone is saying Lathers smashed Da'Rick and a few others today. Lathers, King, and Crump will go a long way in helping our defense play well this year.

Sounds like the D had a pretty good day.

Sadly, Neal continues to have fumbliatis. Lane had a good day & Hunter showed up big.

4/14 scrimmage stats

Passing
Bray 13-23, 180-yards. 1 touchdown, 1 interception.
Worley 10-22 138-yards. Sacked three times.
T Page 4-5, 29 yards. 1 touchdown.

Rushing
Lane 12-71 1 TD, 22 long.
Young 7-35 24 long.
Neal 12-39, 1 TD. 1 fumble.
Smith 6-6
D. Rogers 2-9

Receiving
Rivera 5-43 1 TD
Hunter 3-70 1 TD (Including 50-yard TD)
D. Rogers 2-14
Downs 2-15
Clear 2-16
Jacob Carter 4-102
Neal 2-36
Smith 1-4
Oliver 1-11
Bartholomew 1-7

FG
Palardy 1-2, 42 good, 34 no good.
Brodus 2-2 44 and 31

Punting

Palardy 3-126. 42 yard average
Darr 4-167. 41.7 yard average

Tackles
Lanier 6,
Coleman 6, 1 PBU
Rod Wilks 6, 2 TFL
Lathers 5, 1 PBU
AJ Johnson 5
Randolph 5, 1 Int.
Crump 3
Waggner 2
Bohannon 2, 1 sacks
Walls 2
Saulsberry 2
Teague 2
Propst 3
Tino Thomas 1, 1 Int
Fowlkes 1 sack
J Smith 1, 1 TFL
Taylor 1
Sentimore 1
Couch 1
Brewer 1
Williams 1 sack

Is this Jacob Carter kid for real or just a fluke?

Last edited:

Was just about to post that, really liking our safeties right now especially after Mcneil comes in. On a side note, liked seeing Wilks in the backfield from his safety position. Also, Lane averaged nearly six yards a carry and young 5.

Having Lathers playing well with AJ and Maggitt will be fun to watch. Willie Bo, Jordan Williams(starting to play well) and Jac Smith(sounds like he's getting his role down) should be fine off the edge. I hope King and Lathers stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back