Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the fumble return versus Memphis 2 years ago? The pick versus NC State also shows you how slow he is. He fell from trying to run hard. A CB should never fall on a cut back by himself. That's easy compared to covering a fast shifty WR. Waggner knew the NC State TE was closing in on him. Lol

haha maybe it's just I like him and want him to be faster than he is lol I went back to youtube and he's pretty slow :hmm:

I am not disagreeing with anything y'all have said, but do you realize you just trashed the most experienced half of the starting secondary? The other half may have speed if they leave Teague off the field, but they have precious little experience. IDK, but some of you may be predicting a win against Missy State. How does that happen? You know Mullen knows this same thing along with how slow our LBs are to react to runs off tackle; they can't get to the opposing QB on passes; that the schemes Sal has used so far does not use press coverage on the slot or TE, etc.

was the team back at practice today?

Im interested to find out about some of the defensive personel decisions we make this week.

bowling green is ooc win - 1 team they have played is currently ranked - not sure why that resume is so much better than the rest - just be patient - the good thing about SEC teams is you don't have to argue - you will be found out - they are in hte middle of their tough stretch with 2 of next 3 being against ranked teams - either they will show they are who you think them to be or they will be exposed - but 1 win against a ranked team at home by 1 score is not enough to seal the deal

I know all this. Find me a better resume than 5-0 vs:

Bowling Green
#22 4-1 Texas A&M (on the road)
3-2 Tennessee (on the road)
Kentucky
#9 5-1 LSU

I am not disagreeing with anything y'all have said, but do you realize you just trashed the most experienced half of the starting secondary? The other half may have speed if they leave Teague off the field, but they have precious little experience. IDK, but some of you may be predicting a win against Missy State. How does that happen? You know Mullen knows this same thing along with how slow our LBs are to react to runs off tackle; they can't get to the opposing QB on passes; that the schemes Sal has used so far does not use press coverage on the slot or TE, etc.

We have no team speed on defense or if we do I wanna know where it's hiding for the first five weeks maybe there all resting waiting on Bama lol. I've just gotten to the point with this defense I laugh to keep from being so mad at poor tackling and lack of speed which makes press coverage hard if you can't jam them outta the play completely at the line.

Bowling Green
Kentucky
#9 5-1 LSU

aTm is probably the most overrated team in the conference and we gave UF the game. Not to mention LSU has been decimated by injuries, they scored their two tds when both starting lbs went down. They deserve their ranking, but they are not a top 10 team from a talent perspective IMO.

Bowling Green
Kentucky
#9 5-1 LSU

i would put SCjr as better - that thrashing of GA was a much better win b/c of the way it was done than what FLA has done to date

itll work its way out though - its sad to say but at this point a 3-2 TN team coming off of 5-7 is not much of a win - neither is KY - neither is bowling green - so only 2 quality wins

coming into the year most people would have put MO & Candy and A&M as comparable teams - ill combine those for 1 decent win and then the GA beatdown puts em over the top

we be more vanilla on D - hope that will negate some of the blown assignments - if they have to move it 80 yds in more than 1 run it opens them up more for mistakes - they are less talented than GA on offense so think you can be more basic w/o getting exposed

and then score a &%#ton of points

aTm is probably the most overrated team in the conference and we gave UF the game. Not to mention LSU has been decimated by injuries, they scored their two tds when both starting lbs went down. They deserve their ranking, but they are not a top 10 team from a talent perspective IMO.

This.

Florida only had 47 total yards at halftime.

That defense of UF can dominate games. Our offense is just good enough to handle them. Stop underrating one of the best teams in the country. Jenkins went out for the Gators and they still out hit LSU.

Lot of work on big-play gashes being allowed on defense, per Dooley. Coaching better and being conscious of where "we get a little stressed" schematically and not doing too much. Generally start with little bit of alignment error and then not playing blocks well.

Dooley says feel good about playing McCullers in nickel sets and as much as possible. Had some really long ones; more than you want in a career.

Not made depth chart decisions yet on Miss. State, Dooley said. May be guy or two playing a lot more, coach said.
per J Brice

What is it with the eternal pessimists? Try stepping away form the edge and into the sunlight, you might enjoy it!

I have reached a point where I would encourage them to go the other direction...let them try the next great adventure since they are so miserable in this one. If I were available at the ledge, would give them a healthy pat on the back (subtext shove) to help the process along :)

I am very over them. I remember when Vol fans thought we would win every week, nobody would lay down for any opponent! Even Bear...

Damn 'em all! We are Vols come hell or high water!

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously not BB but I'd personally love to see Brewer in an Ogletree type role at LB. I don't think that he has the skills necessary to play the STAR or MONEY position because smaller players in the slot would be a nightmare for him to cover in space. Playing him similar to how Georgia plays Ogletree would play to his strengths (downhill physical player at the point of attack that's capable of going sideline to sideline to run down players) while minimizing his weaknesses.

This by far....He needs to play LB period. He's just not good in coverage. At least he can keep up with TEs. With fast guys he has no chance. Wonder where that super fast 40 time is because he looks about as slow as PW23.

Appreciate what you two bring to the forum, and thanks for the info.

And Don, I like it...but who would Brewer un-seat at LB or would it be a situational-type role?

And BB...Brewer's speed is nowhere near what that 40 time was this summer...but it doesn't help matters that he's taken a lot of bad angles when he's played this year either.

Appreciate what you two bring to the forum, and thanks for the info.

And Don, I like it...but who would Brewer un-seat at LB or would it be a situational-type role?

And BB...Brewer's speed is nowhere near what that 40 time was this summer...but it doesn't help matters that he's taken a lot of bad angles when he's played this year either.

Most certainly situational. For example, if he were up to speed at the position we could slide Lathers out to the position Maggitt is currently playing and help rest his toe or help generate more of a passing rush.

TW...?

A4tlPISCQAACHIx.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Found this gem on a msu board

Bray is a punk. I just get the impression his priorities are 1. personal stats and 2. team wins. Sort of the same impression I have of Jay Cutler.

That's funny because in a lot of Tyler's interviews when asked about his stats he always says something like "I don't even care as long as we get the win"

They're not giving us much respect over there..most of them think they handle us with ease with their good secondary.

NC State thought they could handle us with ease too.....we see what that got them. I personally wanna see Neal finally break that big run or two to the house.

Found this gem on a msu board

That's funny because in a lot of Tyler's interviews when asked about his stats he always says something like "I don't even care as long as we get the win"

They're not giving us much respect over there..most of them think they handle us with ease with their good secondary.

Bray definitely cares about winning more than personal stats. It is idiotic to say otherwise. Everyone on the team wants what is best for the team.

That being said, Bray saying that in an interview isn't a good source. Bray also said he didn't watch the second half of the UF game. Its just player speak, its one of the reasons I love T.O, he always kept real and spoke what was really on his mind instead of what makes him look better in front of the people and media.

Just looked at Miss. States schedule, HOLY SH** has it been terrible so far. Tennessee would be 5-0 ranked in the top 20 w/ that schedule. Why can't we ever open up w/ that soft of a conference slate? Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back