Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gators -7 at Vandy. This is going to be tight game. Will surprise many. Not a bad match up for Vandy. Low scoring.

I bet nobody can guess who just tweeted that.

It literally made me laugh out loud.

And what facts have led you to believe that DD is the cause of the mediocrity? Look at every program that has gone through a bad time. They NEVER come out of it in less than four years. Bama had Shula start the process, SCe had Holtz, UF had Zook. You don't go from bad to elite without time, and lots of it. I'm not saying DD is good enough or ever will be, but I'm not going to make a judgment when history tells us that rebuilding a program takes longer than DD has had so far.

Like I said, I have yet to see anything other than flashes from Dooley and, I'm sorry, I think 8 wins is a fair measurement to assess where the program is headed under his leadership.

If we don't make it to 8 wins--total--we should cut bait. Failure to do so is only enabling mediocrity.

The time for excuses is over...and I'm not asking for much. 8 wins used to be reasons for dismissal at UT, now it grants one more year. The fact that we've stooped so far should only add validity to the point I'm making...

I simply refuse to accept mediocrity anymore. Excuses be damned...its time to win.

38-6 imo.

Not sure how Vandy even scores. If Florida can shut down LSU's stable of backs then they can certainly shut down Stacey, and then that just leaves them with Rodgers who is battling Kiehl Frazier for the honor of worst QB in the SEC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Like I said, I have yet to see anything other than flashes from Dooley and, I'm sorry, I think 8 wins is a fair measurement to assess where the program is headed under his leadership.

If we don't make it to 8 wins--total--we should cut bait. Failure to do so is only enabling mediocrity.

The time for excuses is over...and I'm not
asking for much. 8 wins used to be reasons
for dismissal at UT, now it grants one more
year. The fact that we've stooped so far
should only add validity to the point I'm
making...
I simply refuse to accept mediocrity anymore. Excuses be damned...its time to win.

Blah Blah blah!!! Same ol song

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure how Vandy even scores. If Florida can shut down LSU's stable of backs then they can certainly shut down Stacey, and then that just leaves them with Rodgers who is battling Kiehl Frazier for the honor of worst QB in the SEC.

true but turnovers happen, i'm not going to predict a shut out.

Lol at you big guy! I am a grown man, it's you bringing the same junk from the football forum. I want the best for the VOLS too, but it's obvious it takes time!!!

Very different than the football forum. It was actually a single thought out post instead of repeating a mindless argument over and over again like posters like volbeef do over in the football forum. You don't have to agree with him, but the bottom line is that we are not winning right now and there is nothing wrong with questioning why we aren't from every angle.

Very different than the football forum. It was actually a single thought out post instead of repeating a mindless argument over and over again like posters like volbeef do over in the football forum. You don't have to agree with him, but the bottom line is that we are not winning right now and there is nothing wrong with questioning why we aren't from every angle.

That's fair. There really seems to be only one angle though, and very little questioning.

Lol at you big guy! I am a grown man, it's you bringing the same junk from the football forum. I want the best for the VOLS too, but it's obvious it takes time!!!

I didn't bring up the subject jacka**, I responded to a post.

I'm bringing the same junk from the football forum? The philistines in that forum have a mob mentality; one opinion for all, disagree and you're crucified.

Looks like I'm not the one bringing the same sh** from there, its you.

I've always wanted to see the best NCAA team against the worst pro team.

Best NCAA team? Maybe 10 future NFL players on the roster, 3 of whom could start for an NFL team.

Worst pro team? 22 NFL starters on the roster, all of whom are older, stronger, and more experienced.

The pro team could run it up the middle on every down and still win by 3-4 TDs.

Reactions: 3 people
Best NCAA team? Maybe 10 future NFL players on the roster, 3 of whom could start for an NFL team.

Worst pro team? 22 NFL starters on the roster, all of whom are older, stronger, and more experienced.

The pro team could run it up the middle on every down and still win by 3-4 TDs.

I'm not saying it would be a close game, but not nearly as lopsided as you say. I'd put the best Miami team from the old days against the worst NFL team. The NFL team would win, but it wouldn't be a blow out.

I'm not saying it would be a close game, but not nearly as lopsided as you say. I'd put the best Miami team from the old days against the worst NFL team. The NFL team would win, but it wouldn't be a blow out.

You've lost it man. You do realize a lot of that Miami team were nothing as pros. There were All-Pros on that squad and there were All-Busts on that squad. People are fooling themselves thinking it would be close. And Saban nor Butch Davis can even really coach at the pro level so that would be another disadvantage.

Last edited:
You've lost it man. You do realize a lot of that Miami team were nothing as pros. There were All-Pros on that squad and there were All-Busts on that squad. People are fooling themselves thinking it would be close. And Saban can't even really coach at the pro level so that would be another disadvantage.

There have been some really bad NFL teams. Best ever NCAA would not be blown out by worst ever NFL if they only ran it up the middle the whole game, which is what I was responding to. All I said is it would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back