Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, RTR drones through the streets everyday... Instead of regular tornado sirens, it's just some 'neck squabbling "RTR, RTR" over and over again... Hell, last week I got off the plane and the pilot actually tried to start saying Roe Tawd to everyone as they got off... My laser stare stopped him short...

Attachments

• row.jpg
    row.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: 1 person
No surprises, but "Junior cornerback Justin Martin, as expected, was back on the practice field after missing Saturday’s game against Ohio with an injury. So was senior nickelback Malik Foreman, who served a suspension during the Ohio game for a violation of team rules." Callahan

Glad to have both of them available for this Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
After watching the replay, Buchanan wasn't as bad as it looked, but he wasn't as good as some posts here made it out. He's a freshman so I guess it's a good start. He wasn't soft like Moseley so that's good. He still gave up a few first down catches.

Moseley was awful. On top of soft coverage, it looked like he and TK may have had some communication problems. It was interesting though that Buchanan wasn't flagged for his tight coverage in the end zone, but Moseley, with almost the exact coverage, drew a hanky.

It didn't register how flag happy the refs were. Tennessee needs to play more disciplined though.

Also, I think Tennessee did nothing in the off season but practice fumble drills. Those guys have been Johnny on the Spot all year.

O-line still isn't looking great. Even Jack Jones whiffed and got Dobbs crunched. Dobbs got it to an open Croom, but he paid for it. Robertson looks like he's playing better with Richmond on the bench.

Barnett was a man possessed. Kongbo seems to have pretty good discipline for a relatively green player.

After watching the replay, Buchanan wasn't as bad as it looked, but he wasn't as good as some posts here made it out. He's a freshman so I guess it's a good start. He wasn't soft like Moseley so that's good. He still gave up a few first down catches.

Moseley was awful. On top of soft coverage, it looked like he and TK may have had some communication problems. It was interesting though that Buchanan wasn't flagged for his tight coverage in the end zone, but Moseley, with almost the exact coverage, drew a hanky.

It didn't register how flag happy the refs were. Tennessee needs to play more disciplined though.

Also, I think Tennessee did nothing in the off season but practice fumble drills. Those guys have been Johnny on the Spot all year.

O-line still isn't looking great. Even Jack Jones whiffed and got Dobbs crunched. Dobbs got it to an open Croom, but he paid for it. Robertson looks like he's playing better with Richmond on the bench.

Barnett was a man possessed. Kongbo seems to have pretty good discipline for a relatively green player.

Makes you kind of miss Randolph and McNeil back there holding things down with good communication.

It's interesting you point out the Moseley penalty with the same coverage as Buchanan the play before. I felt like the refs were more lenient with early down play but more strict with latter downs (maybe it was just different refs on opposite sides). I thought Moseley's coverage that time was good. He turned around to look for the ball without initiating too much contact.

The same with Barnett lining up in the neutral zone on a 3rd down. He had been close if not past on downs earlier, but they call it when it extends a drive. Why not give him a warning when it's not critical? Ohio C was pulling the ball back, and Barnett was lining up based on the ball instead of the line (on him I know). But it didn't give him an advantage on the play.

A game is much better during which the refs are not noticeable and don't determine anything.

It's interesting you point out the Moseley penalty with the same coverage as Buchanan the play before. I felt like the refs were more lenient with early down play but more strict with latter downs (maybe it was just different refs on opposite sides). I thought Moseley's coverage that time was good. He turned around to look for the ball without initiating too much contact.

The same with Barnett lining up in the neutral zone on a 3rd down. He had been close if not past on downs earlier, but they call it when it extends a drive. Why not give him a warning when it's not critical? Ohio C was pulling the ball back, and Barnett was lining up based on the ball instead of the line (on him I know). But it didn't give him an advantage on the play.

A game is much better during which the refs are not noticeable and don't determine anything.

I am very impressed with your football IQ, your analysis, and your observations. You offer more than many of the so called experts on here. And, you're of the female persuasion which makes it even all that much more impressive. :hi:

SEC refs are the worst. And the new replay center in Alabama is a joke. I thought the ACC refs did a pretty good job at the Batte at Bristol.

Kongbo would be starting and wreaking havoc if he just had a better get off from the snap. Often he's our slowest DL off the ball and the OL assigned to blocking him has already taken a step before Kongbo even gets started.

Scary thing is, he still gives them hell with his strength and athleticism even though he's somewhat slow off the ball. It's a shame we couldn't get him on campus in the spring. I'm sure Strip could've had this issue fixed or at least improved for him.

If he manages to get that corrected and put it all together, he and Barnett will feast on QBs.

I am very impressed with your football IQ, your analysis, and your observations. You offer more than many of the so called experts on here. And, you're of the female persuasion which makes it even all that much more impressive. :hi:

She'll never be interested in you.

Reactions: 6 people
That was an SEC crew?! I didn't recognize them so I assumed MAC.

Those guys were awful, and I'm not saying that because calls went against UT. Mainly because they couldn't manage the damn game. Their replay official didn't do them any favors, either.

[Mainly just posting to help shepherd this ol' gal to 12k]

That should scare you. I've watched you all. The teams you're playing are HORRIBLE. Think about this, Southern Miss had more rushing yards versus Kentucky than you all. And you were trying to run the ball. Your offense was pitiful with Del Rio and it still is. McElwain is a clown too. Getting mad because his QB got hit and hurt. How are you mad and it wasn't a cheap shot you clown azz coach. I can't wait til Saturday at 2:30.

uf couldnt of played a more complete game against kentucky lol we ran for 300 and passed 300 for 4 td's wtf are you seeing if you even watched

and the injury thing is esp funny you guys still talk about the cheap shot on tuttle and how uga put that guy on the tickets classless bastards! btw for the record it was def a cheap shot this is the second quarterback that db has taken out this season with a knee shot

scarlett and perine gonna make you eat your words lol
gonna run for 200+ watch

Last edited:
uf couldnt of played a more complete game against kentucky lol we ran for 300 and passed 300 for 4 td's wtf are you seeing if you even watched

and the injury thing is esp funny you guys still talk about the cheap shot on tuttle and how uga put that guy on the tickets classless bastards!

Dude tackled the back legs of a player running the other direction...yeah we're sensitive sorts. :crazy:

and the injury thing is esp funny you guys still talk about the cheap shot on tuttle and how uga put that guy on the tickets classless bastards!

scarlett and perine gonna make you eat your words lol gonna run for 200+ watch

Bet they won't do that ***cboi.

Also, Del Rio had the football. It's not the same play. One is a football play and a product of targeting rules.

and the injury thing is esp funny you guys still talk about the cheap shot on tuttle and how uga put that guy on the tickets classless!

scarlett and perine gonna make you eat your words lol gonna run for 200+ watch

Please make one promise...trash talk all you want, but show back up on the board no matter the outcome Saturday night or Sunday, because we will be here no matter what.

Please make one promise...trash talk all you want, but show back up on the board no matter the outcome Saturday night or Sunday, because we will be here no matter what.

oh ill be here dancing in your tear puddle :dance2:

ive been here since 09 watching vol fans predict wins over uf

last year was about the same as this year most expecting a win some even a blowout

2012 after the nc state win vol fans were pretty damn sure they were gonna blow us out with their amazing wr's and bray lol oh yea sunseri was the second coming

ive seen it all over the years its fun to watch

Last edited:

and the injury thing is esp funny you guys still talk about the cheap shot on tuttle and how uga put that guy on the tickets classless bastards! btw for the record it was def a cheap shot this is the second quarterback that db has taken out this season with a knee shot

scarlett and perine gonna make you eat your words lol
gonna run for 200+ watch

You ran for 223 versus Kentucky.

Southern Miss ran for 262 versus them.

North Texas was bullying your O-line in short yardage situations. Wrap your head around that.

Your team is talking because they are SCARED. No other way to put it. And they better be too. Because the Vols defense about to put that Riddell all over your offense. You can bank on that you Florida Clown Azz fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back