Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the 21st century now. Technology is here to stay and it's just going to get even more intrusive. Nothing we can do to stop it, so I try to enjoy it. Also by the stalker logic, you could say the same thing by being on facebook, twitter, or hell even VN.

You're right. It just always moves a little faster than I expect. I'm also of the opinion that just because somebody feels the need to share something doesn't mean I have to feel obligated to consume it. Sometimes the highlights with this stuff is good enough for me.

Thanks nashvol. We're in Gallatin (outside Nashville) now, so not worried about the drive in. I'll be working downtown, but need decent schools for the kids. Looking like Roswell/Alpharetta/Smyrna may be where we end up.

Cumming is where I went to High school and live currently. Very good place to raise kids. It was a smallish town when I was in High school but now it's exploded it seems like. But the schools are outstanding here, plus it has some of the lowest taxes in the state

Smyrna is iffy... They're trying to make it a little better but it's going to take awhile. You can't go wrong with Roswell or Alpharetta. But it's going to look like Downtown Atlanta there in the not so distant future.

I live in Cumming. It's a nice growing area. A little further out but cost of living is lower than closer to town (for now). Alpharetta, Suwanee, and Johns Creek are all nice too. I've worked around all three.

I travel to Cumming 4 or 5 times a year for the last 20 years or so.

Pilates suuuucks and isn't for the faint of heart.

after i quit lifting heavy, and, was at peace with the fact im no longer twenty, or, even thirty. i was ok with it. you do have to get past looking silly. but, its one of the few things that i can do that hits all the major categories, core strengthening, fat burning, time, stretching/lower back strenthening... and i had a friend who was a Pilates instructor. that helped.

I heard "naw" when asked and he turned away.

Gibbs on the other hand looked to be having more fun than anyone.

Waiting on Devante Brooks to start crying, that dude is all in already. He can't stop gushing about it all.

Lol u heard naw? Its pretty clear that he says I'm a vol.

Reactions: 2 people
Men's and women's BB teams have blown a double-digit lead in the last four games. Barnes will recruit the players and get it fixed; Holly has the players and doesn't know how to fix it.

Is it football season yet?

At this point, I'm wondering what Holly has to do to get fired. I'm usually one of the more patient fans when it comes to coaches but she's got to go. Everyone knows she's getting worse and that she just doesn't have it. Even other team's know it. With the men's team I see hope but with the women's team I see the program that built up an entire sport in mortal danger.

Reactions: 1 person
At this point, I'm wondering what Holly has to do to get fired. I'm usually one of the more patient fans when it comes to coaches but she's got to go. Everyone knows she's getting worse and that she just doesn't have it. Even other team's know it. With the men's team I see hope but with the women's team I see the program that built up an entire sport in mortal danger.

Precisely!

Thanks, guys. Adding these areas to the next trip down. Appreciate the feedback.

Have you considered areas south of ATL? I ask because your commute to downtown would be a lot easier coming from the south than from the north. Granted, ATL is moving south. I've been in Newnan for almost 8 years, and the last 3-4 years I can tell it is rapidly growing. Just a suggestion.

5000 posts!!!

Thought I'd place this post in my favorite thread in my favorite forum that has brought many good times over the last 5+ years. It's amazing the changes we've all seen over that time frame. When I came over here from GVX to lurk for a bit (same time as Rich Rollin BTW RIP) the smell of burning mattress was still strong in the air as we hoped to see this slick talking son of a Dawg attempt to turn this thing around. I definitely stuck myself in the Dooley camp for way too long, just hoping stabilty was an answer, which must have been a stupid question. But afterwards was the epicness which was Grudenwatch 2012 followed by the let down of the hiring of the Cincy coach that got his arse beat by Dooley. What an awful hire! I was livid for about 3 days, and again I was wrong. What Butch had done so far has been borderline miraculous, and yet we still have naysayers. Good news for all of us who love to follow recruiting, is that Butch is good at this recruiting thing and Wednesday looks to be fun time for all who love Orange. In closing, I'd like to say thanks to all for the lulz (Biopsyman being the per capita leader of lulz to words ratio) and letting me enjoy this ride back to prominence with you all. I look forward to this next 5 years and the good times I believe we will all get to enjoy with one another, except for you Nega Vols who will find ways to Fahr Butch! when we only beat Bama by 9 points in the SECCG. My only goal and my innermost hope for these next 5 years is to develope e cred and an online personality worth remembering so that when Flowd does his "hey, remember the awesome posters of Butch's early years" list I have an opportunity to at least get Honarable mention. I'm not shooting for All SEC until after that goal is achieved.

One last thing:

Butch Jones ya'll.

Reactions: 9 people
5000 posts!!!

Thought I'd place this post in my favorite thread in my favorite forum that has brought many good times over the last 5+ years. It's amazing the changes we've all seen over that time frame. When I came over here from GVX to lurk for a bit (same time as Rich Rollin BTW RIP) the smell of burning mattress was still strong in the air as we hoped to see this slick talking son of a Dawg attempt to turn this thing around. I definitely stuck myself in the Dooley camp for way too long, just hoping stabilty was an answer, which must have been a stupid question. But afterwards was the epicness which was Grudenwatch 2012 followed by the let down of the hiring of the Cincy coach that got his arse beat by Dooley. What an awful hire! I was livid for about 3 days, and again I was wrong. What Butch had done so far has been borderline miraculous, and yet we still have naysayers. Good news for all of us who love to follow recruiting, is that Butch is good at this recruiting thing and Wednesday looks to be fun time for all who love Orange. In closing, I'd like to say thanks to all for the lulz (Biopsyman being the per capita leader of lulz to words ratio) and letting me enjoy this ride back to prominence with you all. I look forward to this next 5 years and the good times I believe we will all get to enjoy with one another, except for you Nega Vols who will find ways to Fahr Butch! when we only beat Bama by 9 points in the SECCG. My only goal and my innermost hope for these next 5 years is to develope e cred and an online personality worth remembering so that when Flowd does his "hey, remember the awesome posters of Butch's early years" list I have an opportunity to at least get Honarable mention. I'm not shooting for All SEC until after that goal is achieved.

One last thing:

Butch Jones ya'll.

tl;dr

J/k

Congrats.

Check out Woodstock, Townelake, Canton area as well. I from Nashville and work took me to Atlanta as well few years ago. The move ended up good and school system is great.

We live in Canton. Check out the Bridgemill neighborhood. ~3000 homes with a golf course, waterpark and 10 minutes to lake Allatoona. We essentially have our own school for the neighborhood. Also, they are putting an expressway on 575 for traffic.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back