Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carry on about b-ball all you like. Took me back to the days of Bill Justus and Len Kazmalski and how Mears would use the 1-3-1 to shut down powerful SC teams. All I know is that a sure sign that the recruiting tide has turned will be pulling a highly rated DL prospect from Auburn just at signing day. It's happening.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll duck after posting this but...

Our losses in football burn deep. I log off VN, VQ, and whatever else and step away for a bit.

With this basketball team, I think "meh, this sucks" and flip over to the recruiting forum. No sleep lost.

Your probably also a realist that expected this basketball team to suck anyway. I'm actually suprised they are even competitive. If I expected to win then I might care more. It will probably be about yr 3 or 4 to have a team worth judging Barnes on. He inherited crap and is actually pretty remarkable what he has done with a guy like Punter. I think this class coming in is much better than it gets credit for and adding them to Schofield, Phillips, Alexander makes for a solid foundation to work with.

Your probably also a realist that expected this basketball team to suck anyway. I'm actually suprised they are even competitive. If I expected to win then I might care more. It will probably be about yr 3 or 4 to have a team worth judging Barnes on. He inherited crap and is actually pretty remarkable what he has done with a guy like Punter. I think this class coming in is much better than it gets credit for and adding them to Schofield, Phillips, Alexander makes for a solid foundation to work with.

This is my take on bball as well. I think we can be a fringe tournament team next year. But will be a while before we are really good.

Same here. They're actually playing above where I expected.

I think he'll take the first 2 seasons to build a base of 4 year guys then try to bring in some one/done types in years 3/4 and beyond.

Men's and women's BB teams have blown a double-digit lead in the last four games. Barnes will recruit the players and get it fixed; Holly has the players and doesn't know how to fix it.

Is it football season yet?

Listened to some of the games on the radio earlier in the season, but I had a hard time telling what was going on b/c the only players I'd heard of going into this year were Moore, Punter, Hubbs, and Reese (Of course I know Mostella by now). All things considered, I think if Barnes could finish at .500 or better, it would be a good year. I think Barnes will do well here.

The recruits' threads are becoming useless, too. The FF escapees have arrived and are dispersing opinions with wild abandon.

The tweets thread is useless IMO. If it's relevant to the recruit why isn't it in his thread? I'm probably in the minority but I rarely visit that thread.

The tweets threads gives me all the feels. Good stuff in there right now. If you're following super closely you may have already seen most of it. But some folks don't have the time to keep up with every thread.

Reactions: 2 people
After reading all of these updates from the weekend so far...
giphy.gif

Supernatural in a volnation forum?

understand_reference_supernatural.gif

Nope, I definitely still would.

I get pretty disappointed by bball too at times. But at least the team is back on the court several days later. Having that week in between football games allows things to fester and the media and fanbase usually fills that void with ridiculous proclamations about the state of the program. A narrow, 1 point loss on a total fluke play (see Florida 2015) festers into a withering indictment of everyone remotely involved with UT football. If we turned around to play (and beat) UGA two days later and had another shot at Florida at home a week or so later, it wouldn't be as unbearable. Of course if we lose all those in a row then it becomes truly painful... So there's give and take.

Anyone think we'll hear anything tonight from Fort or Callahan? I'd love to hear some actual recruiting news, not how much money a poster makes and how he'll stop donating "millions" of dollars of we sign a 17-18 year old kid.

Same here. They're actually playing above where I expected.

I think he'll take the first 2 seasons to build a base of 4 year guys then try to bring in some one/done types in years 3/4 and beyond.

Barnes will win here eventually. He may not be an x and o guru but he knows how to coach basketball skills. He has proven as much. I can see why he has so many NBA players now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back