Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm sure there is nothing to the Crowder story. Especially since swain has only heard from like, 5 people that were there, that there was an altercation.

It's all in translation for the altercation IMO.

I think soemthing likely happened but it's all blown out of proportion IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I’m very disappointed in Swain. He has brought nothing but more rumors to the alleged altercation between CBJ and a player.

He said "I have talked to 5 people that have heard the same thing." Well heck, make me 6 I have “heard” the same rumor but I don’t know it to be true.

He has confirmed with 0 eyewitness’s. You have to have confirmation from eyewitness before you bring this crap storm upon yourself.

Pitiful IMO

It's because these "journalists" know nothing of journalistic integrity nor the journalistic process.

Last edited:
Same response

Players aren't happy and are more vocal with their selfishness when teams are losing.

Happens everywhere

LOL ok. Keep on ignoring the signs. This type of thing is not happening on the same scale at schools with competent leaders.

It's all in translation for the altercation IMO.

I think soemthing likely happened but it's all blown out if proportion IMO

Not saying this is the road it's going down but Mike leach was fired for a kid being in a closet. Rich Rod fired for "excessive ncaa practices". If people want Butch gone if he goes 5-7 it wouldn't be that hard with this story

Not saying this is the road it's going down but Mike leach was fired for a kid being in a closet. Rich Rod fired for "excessive ncaa practices". If people want Butch gone if he goes 5-7 it wouldn't be that hard with this story

Oh I agree if this "story" is accurate.

Why on earth are we assuming it's accurate on all accounts?

Is GA's D as good as Florida's? I'd say no after each played last weekend. Id like to see the Dobbs/Hurd approach on the ground against UF mixed with more passing. I felt against Arky we abandoned the read and tried to force the throw game. And mix in some clever trickeration here and there. Just one game throw the kitchen sink at someone.

Would the practice footage be subject to disclosure through an open records request? Seems to me like it would.

I’m very disappointed in Swain. He has brought nothing but more rumors to the alleged altercation between CBJ and a player.

He said "I have talked to 5 people that have heard the same thing." Well heck, make me 6 I have “heard” the same rumor but I don’t know it to be true.

He has confirmed with 0 eyewitness’s. You have to have confirmation from eyewitness before you bring this crap storm upon yourself.

Pitiful IMO

That wasn't what he said at all. He said he heard from 5 people who were there that there was an altercation. The only thing he hasn't confirmed was the extent of it.

I'm of the opinion that Butch most likely didn't sucker punch Crowder like some are saying. However, it's definitely not a good sign when our programs caretaker is scrapping with a 5th year senior (a previous team leader and representative at SEC Media days no less) to the extent that 3 of our linemen contemplate quitting halfway through camp.

When you take that into account along with all the transfers we've seen, on field performance that seems to be declining weekly, and the fact that swain basically came out and said he has players coming to him to voice discontent, it doesn't look good for the direction of the program.

I have a feeling Butch and this program may have peaked back in January with a meaningless win over a bad Iowa team.

Reactions: 2 people
I have seen nothing suggesting 71 had an altercation with cbj.

His dad posted he had numerous injuries and inferred that the staff was pushing them to hard thru them.

Zero mention of this other crowder stuff

I was joking.

As many transfers as there has been there is bound to be some hard feelings and dirty laundry out there

Nothing surprising at all

Agree that it is not surprising.

The difference is that Saban, Meyer, Miles, even Richt, can sail right through those issues because they have successful systems that operate at a high level year end and year out without interference. Not UT. Roller coaster rides that last decades. They hire unproven, pay them more than they are worth, and give them an open checkbook to do business however they want. Then they wonder what they are going to do when it ends up not working.

Either UT wants to play big boy ball or they are content to be what they are when it comes to CFB. Start by firing Hart. Fulmer and/or Blackburn need to be operating the AD. De-emphasize Cheek until his retirement.

Tell me about Kamara and his experience at Alabama?

The big difference you're failing to let yourself notice here is that Bama has an established coach that everybody knows can get the job done and whose players trust to put them and their team in the position to win games.

That's just isn't the case with Butch. We've seen transfers for different reasons than Kamara did.

Every single program has those issues. It only comes out when times are tough.

As long as the crowder issue isn't real this other stuff is bs and nothing to see

Yep winning cures all. If we were winning the players would think this is just what it takes to win and whatever he is telling us is working. When losing your less receptive to constant yelling. It would be in his best interest to push hard but in a different way. More complimenting and less condescending in times like this. Whatever it takes to make them confident.

It's a shame because this team talent wise is good enough to be UGA Saturday but I feel like everyone is causing too many distractions this week.

Any chance Crowder being replaced by Thomas after starting and going to media days etc had him really pissed at Butch? And Crowder may have been a ticking timebomb and there never was a malicious type punch which is the only thing worthy of firing Butch over. Maybe Crowder overreacted out of spite and caused the altercation. See we can all speculate.

EZ where the F are you?

It's a shame because this team talent wise is good enough to be UGA Saturday but I feel like everyone is causing too many distractions this week.

I agree that we have the talent to beat UGA, but "distractions" are no excuse. If this team really believes in Butch, his process, and his system, then these distractions won't matter and they'll play to their potential.

We saw a team do just that in Arkansas last week. Our guys....eh not so much.

I thought so but wasn't sure

But the main point is the dad during he timeframe in question used injuries as an excuse for leaving the team. No mention of this "story" about crowder

Telling IMO

I still can't get my head around 3 OL at same time taking a few practices off to decide their future. Now, 2 of them start, and the other is getting playing time at LG, which he hasn't played his whole career here. Doesn't add up as being coincidental.

Reactions: 3 people
Is GA's D as good as Florida's? I'd say no after each played last weekend. Id like to see the Dobbs/Hurd approach on the ground against UF mixed with more passing. I felt against Arky we abandoned the read and tried to force the throw game. And mix in some clever trickeration here and there. Just one game throw the kitchen sink at someone.

Anything is worth trying. But the bigger question is whether UGA's D is better than Arky's? I believe they are from what I observed. Our O scored only 13 points against Arky at home. All we did was awaken UF to its usual standing in the conference. They believe now. We don't.

Butch thinks this is all about the little details. That may have been true against Okie and UF. It's not now. He just lost to a bottom tier SEC opponent at home. It's big problems, not little details. There are 5 games of film for the opponents to watch. They know the tendencies and shortfalls of the staff and roster. They know the emotional turmoil that is occurring. I doubt they will lift their foot off the gas. Survival of the fittest is the code now. Butch needs to get his act together quickly.

Yawns when he does and the offense sputters to even run the ball you all will be satisfied.

Playcalling would still be 90% runs/passes under 5 yards. He can at least hit a receiver in stride 20 yds down the field. Dobbs gives a good dynamic running the ball but don't act like he's even remotely accurate

The big difference you're failing to let yourself notice here is that Bama has an established coach that everybody knows can get the job done and whose players trust to put them and their team in the position to win games.

That's just isn't the case with Butch. We've seen transfers for different reasons than Kamara did.

I agree there has been Way too many transfers for various reasons but the point is even schools like Alabama have "issues" of players being unhappy.

I still can't get my head around 3 OL at same time taking a few practices off to decide their future. Now, 2 of them start, and the other is getting playing time at LG, which he hasn't played his whole career here. Doesn't add up as being coincidental.

Crowder wasn't at the same time. It was 1-2 weeks later

Right after 55 moved to center. Monday of game week for BG

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back