Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't make any sense. analytics should tell you that under 10 minutes in the game being up 12 is no different than being up 13. But being up 14 is vastly different than 13. As we saw.

Chill Sam it's a process. One can't analyze when we are this young

He looked off, I think he took a pretty good smack on his 2nd punt return. I'll have to watch it again and pinpoint, but that was the point his demeanor and approach changed

I thought maybe he was hurt or something. He didn't play like he normally does.

He looked off, I think he took a pretty good smack on his 2nd punt return. I'll have to watch it again and pinpoint, but that was the point his demeanor and approach changed

Another good decision to have your lock down corner returning punts when we have 18 other players capable of doing it.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate this for Butch. I really think he's giving 110%. I just don't think it's going to be enough. I think it's starting to show he's in way over his head.

Great head coaches have that "it" factor. I just don't see it in Butch. Great guy but over his head and he's starting to drown.
Maybe he just needs more time to gain that experience. Unfortunately for him he won't get it here.

Thinking about this from a big picture standpoint, Butch is in a ton of trouble with the fan base. What confidence was left is all pretty much gone after this debacle. Butch would have to win the UGA and Bama games, as well as not lose really any other games this year in order to get the fans back on board 100%. That ain't happening. We likely finish this year around 7-5, which is well below our talent level when compared to how down the East is this season.

So, he will go into next season on a hot seat. If he drops the VT or UF games early next year, he's a dead man walking and the season may get away from him. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for him now and I don't see a path for him to get the fan base back behind him.
Agreed. 7-5 is bad for a team this talented. I really think talent wise this is a 9-3 or 10-2 team which neither is happening at this point.

Butch did his part by overhauling the roster.

Now Hart needs to do his job unless Butch sweeps November or beats Bama/UGA.

People are still saying 8-4 is possible, but its going to be a fight to get to a bowl. Vandy gave Ole Miss a good game( We struggled against them the last few years), Arkansas took Texas A&M to OT. Kentucky is better than last year, we haven't beat Missouri.
Hahahaha

Nice avi

Thinking about this from a big picture standpoint, Butch is in a ton of trouble with the fan base. What confidence was left is all pretty much gone after this debacle. Butch would have to win the UGA and Bama games, as well as not lose really any other games this year in order to get the fans back on board 100%. That ain't happening. We likely finish this year around 7-5, which is well below our talent level when compared to how down the East is this season.

So, he will go into next season on a hot seat. If he drops the VT or UF games early next year, he's a dead man walking and the season may get away from him. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for him now and I don't see a path for him to get the fan base back behind him.

He wants the fan base behind him? Then shut up and go win some games that matter. An burn the analytics chart while your at it.

The whole analytics and coach speak garbage is so detestable at this point. I don't know if I've ever seen Butch in a candid moment. The cliches are so corny and frustrating.

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed. 7-5 is bad for a team this talented. I really think talent wise this is a 9-3 or 10-2 team which neither is happening at this point.

I think our talent was head and shoulders above both Oklahoma and Florida. Should be same for All others on the schedule except UGA and Bama. However, I have no confidence that we will beat Arkansas, Kentucky or Missouri at this point, even though all three are pretty bad.

As much as I'm feeling sorry for myself and other fans, I really feel bad for Jalen Hurd and some of the other elite talents we have. I single out Hurd because he is a complete BEAST, once in a generation type player, and he is taking such a bruising due to the coaching staff's inability or refusal to have a passing attack.

People are still saying 8-4 is possible, but its going to be a fight to get to a bowl. Vandy gave Ole Miss a good game( We struggled against them the last few years), Arkansas took Texas A&M to OT. Kentucky is better than last year, we haven't beat Missouri.

Ole Miss was also sleepwalking in this game. They still put up almost 500 yards but couldnt always punch it in. Also, the injuries are mounting for Vandy. Deandre woods is out, OL delando Crooks went out tonight. WR Latevius Rayford has a banged up shoulder and didnt play. RB Dallas Rivers also left the game tonight with a shoulder injury. Pretty sure LB Derreon Herring got hurt tonight also. LB Nigel Bowden missed his 2nd straight game with some severe concussion issues. UK was also 5-1 after 6 games last yr. Lets calm down on Kentucky until we see a few more games.

Last edited:
The whole analytics and coach speak garbage is so detestable at this point. I don't know if I've ever seen Butch in a candid moment. The cliches are so corny and frustrating.

Cincy fans warned us about this when he was hired.

A coach who maxes out at 9-3 in the Big East is going to max out at 7-5 or 8-4 in the SEC.

Is it possible to coach the athleticism, spontaneity, playmaking ability out of players? Because it feels like we have done that.

Marquez North, beast WR, not so much anymore.

Von Person, top 3 JUCO player, not so much anymore.

Pig Howard, used to be a playmaker, not so much
anymore.

Alvin Kamara, top 3 JUCO player, not so much anymore.

Derek Barnett, sack beast, not so much anymore.

Corey Vereen, used to be a playmaker, not so much anymore.

Last edited:
With the way the coaching staff has blown the last 2 losses, can't imagine the players confidence in the coaches is there at this point.

Hard to put forth 100 percent effort when you don't trust the coaches.

We saw it with Dooley, esp after the Missouri and UK games.

It's starting to go down that same path here.

Dooley was stubborn as hell. I see the same with Butch.

Is it possible to coach the athleticism, spontaneity, playmaking ability out of players? Because it feels like we have done that.

Corey Vereen, used to be a playmaker, not so much anymore.
Von Person, top 3 JUCO player, not so much anymore.
Pig Howard, used to be a playmaker, not so much anymore.
Alvin Kamara, top 3 JUCO player, not so much anymore.
Derek Barnett, sack beast, not so much anymore.

Gus Malzahn and Will Muschamp are doing it. Auburn should be winning games based on talent alone regardless of QB problems. Especially against a depleted team like MSU.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back