Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seriously pissed me off. Just giving them a three and out.

Remember we felt real confident in our defense.

Here's my thing, if we feel so confident...
Why not throw the ball? Why not do anything other than the obvious?

Late 3rd quarter, shift both RBs out the backfield in shotgun, anyone and everyone who has seen or played football knows, QB draw is coming...

It's stuff like this, that Riles me up and reassures me we don't have the right guys I. Place. We're on the road, we haven't won jack **** in years, GO FOR THE ****ING WINS.
I'm beyon frustrated Bc this is the best group of overall talent we've had since Early-mid 2000s

Reactions: 1 person
That's true, but put yourselves in a reporter's shoes: they could lose their job potentially if they were barred or limited in covering the program. And it's not like they're going to get Butch to admit a mistake or really change anything if they're too rough on Butch in a press conference.

They're better off just lobbing him softballs and writing articles poking holes in the BS he feeds them.
I see what you're saying.

Thoughts on the 3rd and 7 QB sweep call with 3+ Minutes left In the game in the midst of UF's comeback surge

... Anyone?

We have Wolf, Malone, North, Pearson and we don't try for a conversion on 3rd and 7. I have no explanation for that. Our WR caught 3 passes today. Unreal. I'm glad we can run the ball, but use that to get the ball to playmakers. A throw on first down with play action would have been a great call.

I didn't listen to any pressers. Did anyone explain why we didn't go for two to try to go up 14? I need this answered. I need an explanation. Made no sense

We have Wolf, Malone, North, Pearson and we don't try for a conversion on 3rd and 7. I have no explanation for that. Our WR caught 3 passes today. Unreal. I'm glad we can run the ball, but use that to get the ball to playmakers. A throw on first down with play action would have been a great call.

Quick question, did we run ANY PLAY ACTION PASSES? ...

I didn't listen to any pressers. Did anyone explain why we didn't go for two to try to go up 14? I need this answered. I need an explanation. Made no sense

LOL his analytical chart told him not to. No, seriously , that was his answer

Quick question, did we run ANY PLAY ACTION PASSES? ...

I don't think so. Their linebackers I'm sure were crashing down on Hurd and would have bit on a playaction leaving the middle open for 1 of the many prototype WR we have but don't use.

People are still saying 8-4 is possible, but its going to be a fight to get to a bowl. Vandy gave Ole Miss a good game( We struggled against them the last few years), Arkansas took Texas A&M to OT. Kentucky is better than last year, we haven't beat Missouri.

Sutton looked like he played at about 75% effort today.

He looked off, I think he took a pretty good smack on his 2nd punt return. I'll have to watch it again and pinpoint, but that was the point his demeanor and approach changed

Thinking about this from a big picture standpoint, Butch is in a ton of trouble with the fan base. What confidence was left is all pretty much gone after this debacle. Butch would have to win the UGA and Bama games, as well as not lose really any other games this year in order to get the fans back on board 100%. That ain't happening. We likely finish this year around 7-5, which is well below our talent level when compared to how down the East is this season.

So, he will go into next season on a hot seat. If he drops the VT or UF games early next year, he's a dead man walking and the season may get away from him. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for him now and I don't see a path for him to get the fan base back behind him.

But that doesn't make any sense. analytics should tell you that under 10 minutes in the game being up 12 is no different than being up 13. But being up 14 is vastly different than 13. As we saw.

Don't doubt the analytics. Just bite the pillow and get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back