Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all can be impressed with Kiffin all you want. I've never understood the love for the guy. He keeps getting hired despite failure after failure. I know he's a pos of a human being but I don't think he's all that as a coach either.

I"m with you. He had number one recruiting classes at USC and totally squandered that. After they threw him off the bus, Orgeron won with his players.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, To there ego.

or *their ego, either one :p

I hope our boys stay focused and don't overlook anybody down the home stretch. It would be very sweet to win out all the way through the bowl. With the recruiting these guys have done not having that ammunition, I'm excited to see what they do with wins.

Thread 15 that will hopefully show a very positive glimpse into the future and where this program is heading. Finish with 3 wins and a bowl game, and the SEC had better watch out, because the Vols will be back! Let's get it these last 3 games, boys! GO VOLS!! #finish7-5

Alright I have something fun to do. Name 3 things this season that have just downright shocked you. Things you weren't expecting at all

1. How awful our o-line was going to be. Truly didn't expect such a drop off, and while they have done better these last two games, I think that is more Dobbs being Dobbs than the o-line really suddenly being great.

2. How tough worley was and how much he actually meant to our program. I know he had some frustrating games this year but he honestly has been running an offense that didn't fit him at all behind our atrocious o-line.

3. How little we have used North. This one shocks me. I really thought MB was going to use him so much more. Move him around and design plays for him, but instead our best receiver has 30 catches for 320 yards and 4 touchdowns. I'm not one to ever try to say anything nice about kiffin, but he does know how to utilize his best players and highlight them instead of running a system.

Bonus: how improved our defense has been. I really thought going into this year that defense would take a step back, but they have been surprisingly good all year long with emerging stars and old stars getting brighter it has been nice to know you have a reliable defense if the offense is struggling.

1. Dobbs - he looks like a championship caliber quarterback and seems to have made our offense as good or better than the 2012 team, which I didn't expect. Hope he keeps it up.

2. Bowl eligibility- it is going to be easier to obtain than I thought assuming Dobbs stays healthy. We are a much better team than I expected. Hats off to CBJ. We will roll these last three games.

3. Barnett - who knew he was this good.

Reactions: 2 people
Alright I have something fun to do. Name 3 things this season that have just downright shocked you. Things you weren't expecting at all

1. How awful our o-line was going to be. Truly didn't expect such a drop off, and while they have done better these last two games, I think that is more Dobbs being Dobbs than the o-line really suddenly being great.

2. How tough worley was and how much he actually meant to our program. I know he had some frustrating games this year but he honestly has been running an offense that didn't fit him at all behind our atrocious o-line.

3. How little we have used North. This one shocks me. I really thought MB was going to use him so much more. Move him around and design plays for him, but instead our best receiver has 30 catches for 320 yards and 4 touchdowns. I'm not one to ever try to say anything nice about kiffin, but he does know how to utilize his best players and highlight them instead of running a system.

Bonus: how improved our defense has been. I really thought going into this year that defense would take a step back, but they have been surprisingly good all year long with emerging stars and old stars getting brighter it has been nice to know you have a reliable defense if the offense is struggling.

1. How far behind the O-Line was. It should have been and most likely was to be expected. Thankfully they are showing some improvement. Still hate Dooley for not recruiting O-Linemen.

2. Will second the Worley toughness part. Also have to brag on Dobbs getting such a great start. Would have been much better if we had O-Linemen available to put in their correct positions. (Hate Dooley even more!)

3. The defense being as great as it has been most of the season. Barnett is a beast and A.J. has been awesome. The D-Line and LB's have done extremely well.

Hope that Football talk XV carries us through to a 7-5 season and a bowl win to go to 8-5!

Last edited:
That awkward moment... when you've started the new "Football Talk" thread, and folk still be posting in the other one. :)

Siap but I was over in the FF and came across this:
Hi my name is Yvonne, I'm RichRollins widow. I am sorry it took me so long to figure out how to get on here. I will forever be grateful to each of you. You have all blessed me and my boys beyond measure. We are doing good. I appreciate your continued prayers and look forward to staying in touch with you all. #VFL

It's about a month old but I wanted to make sure everyone over here got to see it.

Reactions: 40 people
This thread is the one that is going to carry us on to the promised land. Here's to kicking Kentycky, Mizzou, and Vandy azz!

Mornin' lady and gents.

The cream of the B10 played a defensive masterpiece last night. lol. Buck fans already claiming they deserve to be in the playoffs.

LSU manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The Hat's luck is disappearing as he makes his way to Michigan. The B10 deserves to have them some Les/Urban match-ups. Kiffin's first play in OT was a treat to watch.

Missy State can win one of Bama and Ole Miss and still be in the playoff if they win the SECCG against - Mizzou?! Are you kidding me? Nah. Vols settle that issue.

We are going to win out and go 8 and 5, and come in 2015 kicking azz and taking names and win the East, the future of the East is bright ORANGE.:clapping:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back