Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sorta want an sec team to make the playoff and I guess win it all - sec pride and all that. What's the fun in watching Oregon win the NC?

Reactions: 1 person
Chris Low ‏@ClowESPN 4m4 minutes ago
An SEC school's flag flying in Big Ten Country, the biggest game of the year, no less, in the Big Ten? Hmmm
B1-XwShCIAILTLz.jpg

at gameday... is this a sideways power T or am I seeing things?

EDIT: also pro way to get in two seemingly harmless signs and put them together. :lolabove:

B195hWdCIAAheTd.jpg:large

Reactions: 14 people
I sorta want an sec team to make the playoff and I guess win it all - sec pride and all that. What's the fun in watching Oregon win the NC?

Screw every other SEC team. The vols are the only SEC team I'll root for to win a championship.

Reactions: 9 people
Sweet, the earliest I've mass it into one of these threads!

Oh yeah, F Bama and Saban!

When the Kentucky fear mongering was in full swing about two weeks ago, I mentioned that their schedule was bottom heavy, and they were not as good as their record suggested, while our schedule was top heavy.

A poster wished that our schedule was flipped around. With Kentucky possibly not winning another game, I wonder if you still feel that way

Personally, winning to end the season is nicer than going out on a losing skid, IMO

Totally agree, Nick.

Football Talk 15 seems like a good place to say GBFO!! Let's win out the regular season, head back to the Music City Bowl, and exact revenge on some overmatched ACC team.

Reactions: 1 person
Alright I have something fun to do. Name 3 things this season that have just downright shocked you. Things you weren't expecting at all

1. How awful our o-line was going to be. Truly didn't expect such a drop off, and while they have done better these last two games, I think that is more Dobbs being Dobbs than the o-line really suddenly being great.

2. How tough worley was and how much he actually meant to our program. I know he had some frustrating games this year but he honestly has been running an offense that didn't fit him at all behind our atrocious o-line.

3. How little we have used North. This one shocks me. I really thought MB was going to use him so much more. Move him around and design plays for him, but instead our best receiver has 30 catches for 320 yards and 4 touchdowns. I'm not one to ever try to say anything nice about kiffin, but he does know how to utilize his best players and highlight them instead of running a system.

Bonus: how improved our defense has been. I really thought going into this year that defense would take a step back, but they have been surprisingly good all year long with emerging stars and old stars getting brighter it has been nice to know you have a reliable defense if the offense is struggling.

I'll add how good Medley has performed as a true freshman. I thought losing Palardy would hurt a lot, but Aaron has done a pretty good job.

Reactions: 4 people
Watched Bama/LSU.. The constant commercials just wore me out and took some of the excitement away from a very close game. I prefer my football on anything but CBS.

It will be interesting to see how the college football committee works this day out..

Alright I have something fun to do. Name 3 things this season that have just downright shocked you. Things you weren't expecting at all

1. How awful our o-line was going to be. Truly didn't expect such a drop off, and while they have done better these last two games, I think that is more Dobbs being Dobbs than the o-line really suddenly being great.

2. How tough worley was and how much he actually meant to our program. I know he had some frustrating games this year but he honestly has been running an offense that didn't fit him at all behind our atrocious o-line.

3. How little we have used North. This one shocks me. I really thought MB was going to use him so much more. Move him around and design plays for him, but instead our best receiver has 30 catches for 320 yards and 4 touchdowns. I'm not one to ever try to say anything nice about kiffin, but he does know how to utilize his best players and highlight them instead of running a system.

Bonus: how improved our defense has been. I really thought going into this year that defense would take a step back, but they have been surprisingly good all year long with emerging stars and old stars getting brighter it has been nice to know you have a reliable defense if the offense is struggling.

1. AJ Johnson's improvement

2. The improvement of the defensive unit as a whole.

3. Lack of a vertical passing game

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back