Recruiting Forum Football Talk XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t pretend to know who would or wouldn’t succeed here, who the best guy for the job is, or whoever the Haslams think they can best control, but I just want the next guy to really want to be here because it’s Tennessee. I feel like most of the hires across football and basketball were here for the money and could not care less about the T on their shirt.

I’m a young guy and I’m probably naive to think that there’s someone out there who cares about more than making an extra buck off the Tennessee name, but as a proud Tennessean it hurts to watch the flagship university trot out coach after coach who lack the hunger and passion to represent our great state well and lack the understanding of what it means to be a Volunteer.

Don’t care about who the hire is. If they bring that passion and hunger, Tennessee will succeed.

Reactions: 2 people
Vote him out

He's done after next year. Every Tennessee resident Vol fan should see who stood up to this mess and consider voting for them, especially for Gov. We don't need him working into the System President role like Lamar Alexander did. Need an anti-Haslam to win.

Looking more and more like its Tee. He's getting an interview for sure.

I hope so he can unite the fanbase for sure and players will love playing for him. He could put together a great staff and most importantly he knows what this place means and how important winning is

Reactions: 1 person
He's done after next year. Every Tennessee resident Vol fan should see who stood up to this mess and consider voting for them, especially for Gov. We don't need him working into the System President role like Lamar Alexander did. Need an anti-Haslam to win.

I feel like the opposing candidate could run with that as a low key topic (leadership changes at state universities) and pick up some votes just because of that.

This.

Nobody believed we would get to Greg Schiano. Certainly not day 1 after the season.

I believed it. When I heard Jimmy and Hubbs say Fuente and Campbell's buyouts were too high, I knew we were going down the same road we had been down before. I have 5 season tickets and I am taking ATLs advice and will be emailing my rep tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 people
There is simply no scale for how bad this has gone. It's almost inconceivable that it could have gone worse.

Let's have an imaginary post from Prophet nicksjuzunk, dated 9 minutes after the Georgia game, and see if you could have even imagined this in your worse case scenario:

Could you have believed it?

Nice, I'll have to remember this trick.

Tee would lock down the state and recruit the South extremely well. Would also probably pluck a few kids from California every year as well.

Reactions: 4 people
In order to save Tennessee, time to dig up dirt on the Haslams...

“It’s Time” to quote kiffin :)

As something I’ve actually studied, I don’t want to say that’s what would be the most effective...but it would be the most effective.

Problem is getting through the mob levels of insulation they have in every direction. Their human shields are like 3 or 4 deep.

Last edited:
As something I’ve actually studied, I don’t want to say that’s what would be the most effective...but it would be the most effective.

Probably is getting through the mob levels of insulation they have in every direction. Their human shields are like 3 or 4 deep.

Yeah. They will never see any blow back on that rebate scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back