Recruiting Forum Football Talk XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowherd made a great point today. If you’re considering hiring a guy like Greg Schiano then why not leak his name to a local media guy or even Clay Travis to get a feel for how it will play out (which you would’ve seen very quickly). You cant be this secretive about a guy with a checkered past.

They leaked it to Hubbs and Hyams and there was no backlash because we didn’t think it was a serious candidate.

The rush to get it done is where they screwed up. He snuck up there and tried to ram this thing thru like the tone deaf moron that would do something like go to the beach during a coaching search.

Reactions: 6 people
Cowherd made a great point today. If you’re considering hiring a guy like Greg Schiano then why not leak his name to a local media guy or even Clay Travis to get a feel for how it will play out (which you would’ve seen very quickly). You cant be this secretive about a guy with a checkered past.

Because Currie and Haslam DNGAF. The only reason Schiano isn’t the coach today is because of social media. The backlash was too large for them to proceed.

Reactions: 7 people
For the love of God why not? Your football program brings in over 100 mill a year and we refuse to pay what it takes to get a top coach in here? They don't mind paying 350 million for a stadium renovation but they won't pay 6 or 7 for an actual coach? I want everybody in that administration fired.

This is what's so absolutely baffling to me!!!
They want to drive a Ferrari and have a wal mart mechanic work on it!
The money is there and avail, spend it like Bama, Clemson, OSU, and take this program above and beyond!

Keep Hoke and try again in 2018.

If I am Hoke I would think long and hard before I would accept to be interim. On one hand, if he does well he could get another HC shot. On the other hand, the odds are against him and the situation is an awful one.

Yep. AV and Baldy both said as much. I’m done with Tennessee at this point. Until they prove they’re willing to win or get rid of the Haslams I’m out. It’s just not worth it. There’s plenty of other great university’s willing to invest into their programs.

I can’t believe they thought this would just fly over fine with the fan base.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but from a strictly financial point of view it was a great business plan. UT has been the most profitable program despite average on field results. They continue to shop at dollar General for coaching hires and UT fans continue to throw money at it as if we had a championship program. They never have incentive to change taking advantage of fan loyalty. My question was always, how long will it last? Have the fans caught on? Has it reached it's breaking point?

I haven’t given up on Chavis as a DC. I think with a more ball control offense he can still be very good. It’s hard to have a good defense when your offensive possessions are 48 seconds good or bad.

Reactions: 3 people

Smokescreen for something else??

Maybe they've taken our pensions?

:eek:hmy:

They knew what fan reaction would be. They wanted it done before it leaked so it couldn't be undone. They're snake in the grass scum criminals.

Reactions: 3 people

Because they didn’t care. Currie and Haslam wanted to backdoor Schiano into the HC position and didn’t care what fans thought.

Reactions: 2 people
Herbstreit says ...im done vols fans..
Good luck 2 ya..

Who fu**in cares

Stupid comment. Acting like an incompetent AD, a coach with a checkered past and down the list of possible coaches, and a negative Washington Post report had nothing to do with it is completely ignorant. Blaming it on a passionate fan base that just voiced their opinion is the easy thing to do, but makes you look dumb.

Reactions: 1 person
Stupid comment. Acting like an incompetent AD, a coach with a checkered past and down the list of possible coaches, and a negative Washington Post report had nothing to do with it is completely ignorant. Blaming it on a passionate fan base that just voiced their opinion is the easy thing to do, but makes you look dumb.

Hes a commentator. Wgaf?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back