Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most telling sign of what Dobbs brings to the offense is the fact that Dobbs personally had 2 turnovers and nobody even remembers them. He brought so many positives and so much energy to the offense that we are willing to overlook the turnovers because it comes with his ability to make plays. If Worley turns it over twice he gets hammered because he doesn't have the ability to get those plays right back.

Too add, Butch continued to say that Peterman does good things, (and I'm sure he does) but all I remember is fumbles, throwing to invisible people and batted down passes.

Reactions: 3 people
"Either way, whether it’s Nate or whether it’s Josh we’re going to go out there and do the same job we’ve been doing every week," Azzanni concluded.

^quote from Azzanni. Let the cat out the bag with that one. Rip Worley

"Either way, whether it’s Nate or whether it’s Josh we’re going to go out there and do the same job we’ve been doing every week," Azzanni concluded.

^quote from Azzanni. Let the cat out the bag with that one. Rip Worley

They will try to get Worley going over the bye week. Wink.

Here is an article on the changes Coach Jake made with Dobbs in the game. We ran lots of different schemes for Dobbs. Football Concepts | Football Scheme Breakdowns – Tennessee Vols, Philadelphia Eagles, and others
We ran plays which we never ran for Worley.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

Been telling y'all this for two seasons. I am not saying they undermined Worley, they may have legitimately thought he had a different skill set. But all QBs can throw slant and short crossing pattern passes starting in middle school. Running a zone scheme offense with a legitimate pro style pocket passer is silly. Either adapt the offense somewhat to the talent, like an O-line built for NFL style offenses last season with a pocket passer while running a zone read scheme; or go full Dobbs and insert some guys on the line that can run the zone read and gap scheme and take your lumps. That's what they thought they were doing with Thomas and Robertson on one side this season until Thomas proved that was not going to work with him in there.

The reason they are losing games they could win is because they are not adapting the offensive system to the roster. That deal had to be cut Day One in Cincy with Hart IMO. So it does no good to wish and hope and whine (which I do like a DA) after they lose a game they should win because there was little to no offense. Not saying I agree with the approach at all, but it is obviously why we get the "be patient", coach speak, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
I see a theme:

Unfortunately, Crowder completely missed his block.

Unfortunately, center Mack Crowder ended up on the ground and a defensive tackle came free to make the tackle.

Crowder is not fast enough and the weakside linebacker gets by him

No you really do not see a 'theme'. If you see any 'theme' it's from three posters who have a personal agenda. Crowder overall has had a good (not perfect) season with near perfect snaps - something you would be very remiss to mess with right now. Also the combo scrape blocks haven't worked as planned (combo on DT with a G then releasing down to the Second Level)

When you don't know what you're talking about you should keep your opinion to yourself. It doesn't help the team, the Oline, or the fan base. Your posts indicate you really do not know what you're talking about. In addition to many other complicated factors it takes time for a new Oline to jell just look back 4 years ago and you will find similar challenges.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Here is an article on the changes Coach Jake made with Dobbs in the game. We ran lots of different schemes for Dobbs. Football Concepts | Football Scheme Breakdowns – Tennessee Vols, Philadelphia Eagles, and others
We ran plays which we never ran for Worley.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

Been telling y'all this for two seasons. I am not saying they undermined Worley, they may have legitimately thought he had a different skill set. But all QBs can throw slant and short crossing pattern passes starting in middle school. Running a zone scheme offense with a legitimate pro style pocket passer is silly. Either adapt the offense somewhat to the talent, like an O-line built for NFL style offenses last season with a pocket passer while running a zone read scheme; or go full Dobbs and insert some guys on the line that can run the zone read and gap scheme and take your lumps. That's what they thought they were doing with Thomas and Robertson on one side this season until Thomas proved that was not going to work with him in there.

The reason they are losing games they could win is because they are not adapting the offensive system to the roster. That deal had to be cut Day One in Cincy with Hart IMO. So it does no good to wish and hope and whine (which I do like a DA) after they lose a game they should win because there was little to no offense. Not saying I agree with the approach at all, but it is obviously why we get the "be patient", coach speak, etc.

An AD does not need to be telling the Head Coach how he needs to come in and start coaching.

Hmmmm. Log off for a few hours? Or, stay logged on and watch the ensuing urinating contest between jave and hitUM?

No you really do not see a 'theme'. If you see any 'theme' it's from three posters who have a personal agenda. Crowder overall has had a good (not perfect) season with near perfect snaps - something you would be very remiss to mess with right now. Also the combo scrape blocks haven't worked as planned (combo on DT with a G then releasing down to the Second Level)

When you don't know what you're talking about you should keep your opinion to yourself. It doesn't help the team, the Oline, or the fan base. Your posts indicate you really do not know what you're talking about. In addition to many other complicated factors it takes time for a new Oline to jell just look back 4 years ago and you will find similar challenges.

If you have a personal connection to Crowder, I'm sorry that you have to read what you do about him, but I must agree with jave . He just isn't an SEC level talent IMO.

I would suggest giving VN a break because you are going to see him brought up often and it is completely fair to do so as long as they aren't just dogging him.

If you have a personal connection to Crowder, I'm sorry that you have to read what you do about him, but I must agree with jave . He just isn't an SEC level talent IMO.

I would suggest giving VN a break because you are going to see him brought up often and it is completely fair to do so as long as they aren't just dogging him.

Agreed. Players' parents and message boards do not mix. Especially when said player is receiving a lot of criticsm for his play. Looking through his post history, it's easy to see that he's pretty upset about some of the things being said.

I have a personal connection with all of the players and coaches as many on here would also post. Suggesting to give VN a break is the wrong suggestion because part of our team is VN - the good and the bad. Sometimes some of us have to monitor the trending of the attitudes on here because there are some VN posters who have a tendency to post downward trends toward the negative that end up in the gutter. It negatively impacts everyone not just players and coaches. It negatively impacts People like you and I.

I have a personal connection with all of the players and coaches as many on here would also post. Suggesting to give VN a break is the wrong suggestion because part of our team is VN - the good and the bad. Sometimes some of us have to monitor the trending of the attitudes on here because there are some VN posters who have a tendency to post downward trends toward the negative that end up in the gutter. It negatively impacts everyone not just players and coaches. It negatively impacts People like you and I.

Not sure I follow all of that, but You are right about Crowder's snaps...knock on wood but they have been great all year, even when different QBs have cycled in.

He has played hard and tough all year, but needs to play better, consistently, as do the rest of the players on the OL.

One thing I would like to see more of from the OL is pre snap communication. You never see our OL talking and pointing pre snap and letting each other know what they are thinking. They just wait for the QB to bark the play and protection. Maybe there is a scheme related reason for this, but communication has to he one of the keys to an OL "gelling."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back