Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

Not sure about who the "go to" player will be but I do look for Vic Wharton to be a game changer in a couple of games this year. Also I think Hurd, Pearson, North, Wolf and Malone will have some big-time special plays for the offense this year.

I still liked the idea of skipping XIII. POA, if we don't make a bowl, it's on your head.

fa22f0c2_kool-aid-man-family-guy-gif-i9.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Time to get this started right.

Which one offensive player will be the go-to star of the team this year and why?

Go.

Just my opinion, but there will not be just one. There is potential for so many "stars" that the offense's light will be so bright that not one will outshine the others.

I am really hoping for this situation. I want defensive coordinators from other teams to have nightmares about the fact that they cannot game plan for 12 or even three players on Tennessee's offense.

Also, from everything that I have read; this group of players will be so selfless that they will be just as pumped if one of their teammates has a good play as if it is themselves. I think they are truly building a great football team. :salute:
:fireworks:

Reactions: 2 people
Excited ... and nervous.

Dick slapping Utah State would be a good start.

Have to say, that I do not think I have ever thought of using that part of my anatomy in that way. I think it is quite happy with its current utilization. :)

But hey Mike4Vols, I am not judging. :)

With all the praise Vic was getting, I figured he would have been among the first of the stripe removals.

Okay, so how nuts would the world of Tennessee football be if Justin Worley were to be the star of the 2014 Tennessee football team?

Yes, I am an unrealistic optimistic fanatic! :)

Just edited
Dang voice texts... :)

Last edited:
With all the praise Vic was getting, I figured he would have been among the first of the stripe removals.
The name I was expecting most was Barnett. He's been the hot name (no utknate) as of late. Vic was early on, but being stacked at WR doesn't help him get the opportunities. He's good, like a lot of our froshes, but is at the one position that we are just loaded at. He's getting mostly second team/third team reps.

As far as who's got next, I'll give 2:
Von Pearson
Dillon Bates

I was thinking about official visits today. How many OV's does UT have to spread around? How much does UT spend per recruit on average for an OV? Another plus I was thinking to locking your recruiting class up very early would obviously be a huge savings $$ wise.

If you spend an average of 2000.00 per recruit on an OV, and had up to 60 OVs to use for a given class, locking your class in early and just using those 20-25 OVs would keep about 65,000.00-70,000.00 in your pocket. Plus consider the amount of time saved by not putting on the dog and pony show for recruits you're not taking anyways as you're full. It's probably not something that has been done before, but why not?

:zeitung_lesen:

If he names a guy before the open practice, I sure hope that guy balls out in the practice, otherwise there is going to be a riot in the ff.

From Ivan Maisel on ESPN...

Tennessee fans anointed Jalen Hurd two years ago, when he ran for 3,357 yards and 43 touchdowns as a high school junior. He played one game last fall before getting hurt. Vol Nation wants him to succeed now. Running backs coach Robert Gillespie tried to apply the brakes. "He's still goofy, clumsy, makes mistakes," Gillespie said. "He's not Superman." After a closed scrimmage Saturday night, head coach Butch Jones threw the fans a bone. "Jalen Hurd," Jones said, "continues to get better and better and better."

Ed O'Bannon lawsuit fallout, Nebraska Cornhuskers injury news dominate 3-point stance - ESPN

Are we naming a starter this week?? I missed that. Awesome. I was hoping it wouldn't be a game day decision.

My opinion: He knows the starter right now. That's why he announced a decision timeframe.

Something must have happened in the last week to create separation.

VN Store

Back