Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIII

Marquez North is my go to player. I think he could be one of the best receivers in the nation. The physical tools are all there. If he takes the next logical step forward he's gonna be a handful. Having Malone and Pearson will only make him harder to stop.

My second choice is Jalen Hurd. I just don't think we have anybody else quite like him.

I'm really hoping whoever ends up being QB will come out guns blazing and make us all feel punk'd by all of these poor reviews they are receiving. I'm really just ready to see some orange beat up on somebody. Go Big Orange!!!!

So are you thinking its definitely Worley or is there a chance Volnation gets shocked with Peterman showing out and earning that #1 spot on the depth chart?

Not sure. Dont think its Dobbs though. I do think its odd that CBJ kept saying that nobody is distancing themselves from the pack... and then all of a sudden Peterman shows out and is playing consistent... now CBJ wants to name a starter.

Lucky "13" fockers! Yup, it's good luck. Anyone that disagrees, I really DGAF.
GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere in the recruiting forum. If you follow recruiting closely, most of the information you already know, but article did have a couple things worth mentioning. Also has a a decent summary on fall practice.

State of the Vols | Rocky Top Insider

He’s not a recruit, but a name that will certainly be worth remembering moving forward is Patrick Abernathy. Abernathy recently joined Tennessee’s staff as the Coordinator for High School relations and it looks like a very nice addition. Abernathy comes to the Vols from the Middle Tennessee area where he was an assistant coach and assistant athletic director for Brentwood Academy. His hiring looks like it will certainly strengthen current ties and help the staff build new ones across the state thanks to his many connections with various schools and coaches. This is another great example of the emphasis that Butch Jones has put on building relationships with high school coaches across the state of Tennessee.

And a name we mentioned a few weeks ago appears to be in line for a slight move of his own as Scott Altizer will be changing offices and working more closely with Bob Welton moving forward. Altizer is currently the Associate Director of Player Personnel under Welton who serves as the director. It’s a small shift but shows this staff’s dedication to recruiting as they are always looking for ways to streamline and improve their processes. Altizer’s work last year was critical in ensuring that all 32 players of the 2014 class were able to become eligible.

Reactions: 8 people
Wolf, he has the number and a position that will exploit the middle the same way Mr. Witten did!

Its reasonable to see Lane, Pig, Hurd, North, and Pig contributing. Pearson and Malone should be steady. I don't know much about the TE's but they should show up this year. I'd like to be talking about the amazing play of Croom, Smith, Wharton, and Jenkins come bowl season. Would love to see Bowles name show up in contributing to a winning season.

Edit: Be nice to have some return by Young that demand positive attention as well.

Last edited:
Pig Howard. Has a chip on his shoulder, IMO, after everything he went thru this offseason plus redemption for UGA. That and he seems to be one of the better guys at getting open and making plays.

Not sure if he will be the number one stud on offense this year but I think you are spot on. This guy comes in after being nearly down and out in the best shape of his life. That takes a level of mental commitment that I think will be noticeable this year on the field. Expect big things here!

VN Store

Back