Recruiting Forum: Football Talk X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say play at Vandy games at LP so we can watch it in a nice stadium and Vol fans have room to fit instead of that cracker box they play in.

Reactions: 1 person
You know most people can make up their minds to be as happy as they want to be wherever they are. It is pretty subjective.

As far as Knoxville being some tourist Mecca you are being disingenuous or just ignorant as to the reason. People come to this area because of the national park, not because there is some great reason to come to Knoxville. Gatlinburg has sprung up outside of the park, not the other way around. And it has turned into a Myrtle Beach-type tourist trap in the mountains. Again, not some can't miss tourist destination. We all know the mountains are a beautiful place to visit or live if you are fortunate, but ultimately that is the draw. Nothing else.

Speaking of being ignorant........ Gatlinburg did not spring up outside the park... Gatlinburg has been there for over 150 yrs ... and has a long history in the mountain...it is my home was my families home before the park ever came... my family came because they loved the Mountains and the area.... the park became a park because others loved the area and were visiting in vast numbers and something needed to happen to protect it. Knoxville is the gateway... either you understand this or you do not

Please do not call me ignorant unless you have a real understanding of our area.... I did not just move in to go to school... I have been here for over sixty years ... I am still here because it IS the best place to live... if you love Bham so much, maybe you should move there.

Reactions: 4 people
Speaking of being ignorant........ Gatlinburg did not spring up outside the park... Gatlinburg has been there for over 150 yrs ... and has a long history in the mountain...it is my home was my families home before the park ever came... my family came because they loved the Mountains and the area.... the park became a park because others loved the area and were visiting in vast numbers and something needed to happen to protect it. Knoxville is the gateway... either you understand this or you do not

Please do not call me ignorant unless you have a real understanding of our area.... I did not just move in to go to school... I have been here for over sixty years ... I am still here because it IS the best place to live... if you love Bham so much, maybe you should move there.

Again, it is subjective. Just like the other guy said he likes Birmingham because it is his hometown. So are you going to contend he is wrong and you are right? I have only driven through Birmingham on the way to somewhere else so I have no feelings about it at all. I have lived in Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, and North Carolina. I like them all. They all have their own reasons people would like living there. As far as your living in Gatlinburg for 60 years, I'm sure you would agree it is not anything like it was when you were born. I would probably have preferred it the way it was to the way it is now. That is what I meant by springing up next to the park. My parents live in Townsend and my mother still works in the park so I have spent quite a bit of time right where you are and I agree it is a beautiful place. But it isn't the only beautiful place. So don't get your panties in a wad Pops. Take some of your blood pressure medicine and relax. Nobody is accusing you of living in a dumpster.

I think Gatlinburg is a place I want to end up someday. It's beautiful in eastern Tennessee. I'll be the first to tell you guys that Sacramento is a dumpster fire. It's turning into what you guys call Memphis.

Again, it is subjective. Just like the other guy said he likes Birmingham because it is his hometown. So are you going to contend he is wrong and you are right? I have only driven through Birmingham on the way to somewhere else so I have no feelings about it at all. I have lived in Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, and North Carolina. I like them all. They all have their own reasons people would like living there. As far as your living in Gatlinburg for 60 years, I'm sure you would agree it is not anything like it was when you were born. I would probably have preferred it the way it was to the way it is now. That is what I meant by springing up next to the park. My parents live in Townsend and my mother still works in the park so I have spent quite a bit of time right where you are and I agree it is a beautiful place. But it isn't the only beautiful place. So don't get your panties in a wad Pops. Take some of your blood pressure medicine and relax. Nobody is accusing you of living in a dumpster.

First you call him ignorant then imply some geriatric senility coupled with a heart condition whilst wearing panties. Because of a subjective comparison. How subjective are you being, specifically?

Reactions: 3 people
I completely regret contributing to the city discussion and am going to "report" myself so that maybe the mods can come in a clean up this thread haha

Alshon Jeffrey about to be on Dan Patrick. DP teased going good into break saying he's going to ask about the "pumping gas" comment

First you call him ignorant then imply some geriatric senility coupled with a heart condition whilst wearing panties. Because of a subjective comparison. How subjective are you being, specifically?

Ignorant simply means not knowing. It implies no stupidity or senility. For someone to make such an adamant statement regarding something that is just their own preference and prejudice is in my opinion, ignorant. No reason to get so worked up because somebody said they like living in Birmingham. It's not like he said he preferred Kabul.

Uh drop it maybe? Your affection for Alabama has been made abundantly clear. You're not going to convince anyone, ESP TN fans, that it's any better than soccer or dog farts.

I start one dog fart conversation, one, and I never hear the end of it. Sheesh. :)

I completely regret contributing to the city discussion and am going to "report" myself so that maybe the mods can come in a clean up this thread haha

I agree. I am sorry Coasty if I offended you. No more talk about this, at least from me.

Ignorant simply means not knowing. It implies no stupidity or senility. For someone to make such an adamant statement regarding something that is just their own preference and prejudice is in my opinion, ignorant. No reason to get so worked up because somebody said they like living in Birmingham. It's not like he said he preferred Kabul.

I am famiłiar with the word's definition. For you to expound on it whilst ignoring the implication of the rest of your post is baffling. Calling other Vols you disagree with ignorant imbeciles, making fun of their age, making light of his heart problems, imploring him not to get his panties in a wad. If anything was ignorant it was those things. There is no Vol spirit in that whatsoever. We're subjective and ignorant, yet you are objective and wise... I think I get the point you were trying to convey

Reactions: 2 people
I start one dog fart conversation, one, and I never hear the end of it. Sheesh. :)

I had to go back and make sure it was your fault. I was so relieved. You're responsible for the dog farts, I'm responsible for the moonshine, and I don't remember who first brought up soccer but I can bet a dollar to a donut I never liked the guy

I know I watched us play A Wyoming home game at LP and also Vandy at LP late 90s early 2000s. Both were pretty much UT home games and I thought it was a great idea. Surprised it didn't catch on. Great stadium and open bar.

Just wanted to drop in and say Buck Fama! I think we can all agree on that.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back