Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda look at it this way too: I figure we lose 6-10 games before the NCAA tournament. Okay, so I guess it doesn't really matter who or how. Obviously "better" loses help our seeding.

So we drop an early one at home to a middling Colorado. Not great. Turn around and top Kansas to win Atlantis. Pretty dang good bounce back. Play well over bad teams, lose to AZ on the road. Bot a bad loss. Tough game. Bounce back and put up a good little streak with our best performances in a row. Beat up some SEC schools and put ourselves in a good starting position. Okay, now we've dropped a game to Kentucky. Rivalry, and its UK. It happens.

So that's 3 losses. And we're halfway through the season, on pace to go 26-5 through the regular season. Hey that's pretty good.... not too shabby.

So why are we gnashing teeth and foreboding like a red sky in morning?

I'm not concerned until we put together a string of bad performances and losses. That would be cause for groaning. But even if we did, we're still in likely position to make the tourney (would need an absolute epic collapse) and all that matters is playing our best then. So as long as we get problems sorted out by then, it's whatever. Good teams hit speedbumps every season.
Kinda where I was going. I’m not jumping off the ledge yet. Basketball is a long season (games). I don’t get some that are ready to write off the season. Maybe it’s because the loss was against Kentucky? I almost expected it. I hate it, but it doesn’t ruffle my feathers like it does some.

Last years NCAA championship game had a 6 loss team against a 9 loss team.
Kansas lost some close ones early then lost to Kentucky by 18 at home last year. Had back-to-back 10pt losses to Baylor and TCU on Feb 26th and Mar 1st... then they won out.

Folks here woulda mailed it in after the first three losses, then screamed "I told you so!" after the walloping UK gave'em.

Basketball team played very poorly today, missing a half dozen gimmes at the rim, and lost to a traditional power having a poor year needing a win. It’s also the middle of January. Not sure why so many are losing their minds. This happens often in college basketball.
Exactly!

A lot of Tennessee fans don't understand how college basketball works

Did you take pictures? I want to believe, but I've never seen one.
No, but I’ve been hit in the head by a cat toy in my house, and I’m the only person there. We live on a civil war battlefield. Footprints in the house, disposal switch turned on and off, cat starts hissing staring at a corner, etc……

Weird stuff……

No, but I’ve been hit in the head by a cat toy in my house, and I’m the only person there. We live on a civil war battlefield. Footprints in the house, disposal switch turned on and off, cat starts hissing staring at a corner, etc……

Weird stuff……
😳 And you’re still there?

Weird stuff……
One day when I feel like it, I’ll share stories about the place I work. It’s an old hospital and has stories like one of our doors that open to the outside. Sometimes there’s someone knocking loudly and no one is ever on the other side. Like I said and when I feel long winded, I’ll share stories.

Today:
Oregon beat #9 Arizona (by 19)
Clemson beat #24 Duke
Florida beat #20 Mizzou
Creighton beat #19 Providence
Vanderbilt beat #15 Arkansas (by 13)
#17 TCU beat #11 Kansas St. (by 14)
Indiana beat #18 Wisconsin (by 18)
NC State beat #16 Miami

Good teams hit speedbumps.

I am sure this will be the same excuse used when Barnes blows it yet again in March. It just happens 🙄

Reactions: Clevegasvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back