Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was called as ordered from Birmingham and our guys did nothing to overcome it. You cannot miss layups and wide open shots like they did and win against most anybody in the SEC. Learn from it and move on. Just get to March Madness with the right answers. Could care less about the SEC finish.

I have over 100k more likes than posts now.

you-like-me-you-really-like-me-gif-5.gif
Not even a 3 to 1 ratio. You just talk a lot😀

The game was called as ordered from Birmingham and our guys did nothing to overcome it. You cannot miss layups and wide open shots like they did and win against most anybody in the SEC. Learn from it and move on. Just get to March Madness with the right answers. Could care less about the SEC finish.
There it is. It’s an SEC conspiracy.

boom or bust? What are you talking about? Tennessee basketball has been a top 15 to 20 program in college basketball since Pearl.

We are currently ranked 5th! Yeah big deal we had a bad loss to Kentucky

Currently competing for a title AGAIN under Barnes. Yes his teams struggle in the tourney, but boom or bust???
Think Auburn Football.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not gonna kill Uros for that. The guards and other forwards didn't exist on the backboard. At all.

Not killing him at all, Aidoo had 4 boards and Uros had 3 despite playing 11 more minutes but Barnes had no other choice. You are right though, no one else rebounded for us. Triple J had 5 as the leader. That’s where athleticism and length shows itself again. You can’t pump fake your way into a rebound.

Not killing him at all, Aidoo had 4 boards and Uros had 3 despite playing 11 more minutes but Barnes had no other choice. You are right though, no one else rebounded for us. Triple J had 5 as the leader. That’s where athleticism and length shows itself again. You can’t pump fake your way into a rebound.
I mean we were playing against Tshibwe's orangutan arms

There's just not much you can do

Think Auburn Football.
You can't have a football mindset when you measure success in college basketball.

Success is more relative in basketball, as there's more noteworthy success to be had

Football it's just championships, but you can be considered an elite program in college basketball if you make the tournament every year.

So it's silly to say we are boom or bust. We are elite.

We have some of the best players. We beat the best teams every year.

Barnes just hasn't gotten us deep in the tournament yet.

You can't have a football mindset when you measure success in college basketball.

Success is more relative in basketball, as there's more noteworthy success to be had

Football it's just championships, but you can be considered an elite program in college basketball if you make the tournament every year.

Tennessee isn’t “elite”…. They’re a notch below that. “Elite” would be making Sweet 16 and beyond more years than not. Florida basketball has made the tournament almost every year the last few years and I would certainly not say they’re “elite”.

@WillAtSpyre could you elaborate on volunteer legacy? I heard the guys mention it on the pod and seen it was a 501 c. Is this under the spyre umbrella as the same as volunteer club? Also any details of the difference and just any info would be great. Thanks man.

We established a 501c3 designed to help kids across the state of Tennessee. We've partnered with East TN Children's Hospital and Emerald Youth already. The goal is to utilize Tennessee athletes to give back in the communities across the state.

It falls under the Spyre umbrella. It is 100% tax deductible, but there's no member benefit tiers like Volunteer Club. We were trying to provide as many avenues for people as possible. There's the fan membership service, Volunteer Club aspect and then the charitable 100% tax deductible avenue through Volunteer Legacy. If you have specific questions, I would encourage you to reach out Brandon Spurlock on our team. brandon@spyresports.com. He can be much more in-depth about Legacy than I can.

I don’t think you understood my point.

I would prefer boom or bust to “solid consistent program”. We are not elite imo.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The bigs (Minus Plavsic) killed us today. We got owned on the boards and pushed around. Phillips 18 minutes and 2 points and 4 fouls. ON 14 minutes 2 points and 3 fouls. The defense had no reason to collapse and leave open 3’s. JJJ played like he will go overseas next year at best. I don’t blame too much on ZZ except the layups. I’ve never thought much of him. Feel good story that tries hard but you can’t expect him to carry the load.

Tennessee isn’t “elite”…. They’re a notch below that. “Elite” would be making Sweet 16 and beyond more years than not. Florida basketball has made the tournament almost every year the last few years and I would certainly not say they’re “elite”.
Not every elite team makes it past the sweet 16 every year

It depends on how you want to define elite

My thing is

We've had a team that can beat anybody, has beaten just about every elite team out there, has as much talent as pretty much anybody and have been a final four caliber team for years now.

Hard to be all that disappointed in that. Its especially not "boom or bust"

There are 359 teams in D1 and we've been around the top ten for the majority of the time Barnes has been here and that's boom or bust?

Our fans just have ridiculous standards

Not every elite team makes it past the sweet 16 every year

It depends on how you want to define elite

My thing is

We've had a team that can beat anybody, has beaten just about every elite team out there, has as much talent as pretty much anybody and have been a final four caliber team for years now.

Hard to be all that disappointed in that. Its especially not "boom or bust"

There are 359 teams in D1 and we've been around the top ten for the majority of the time Barnes has been here and that's boom or bust?

Our fans just have ridiculous standards
I’d probably say Tennessee has been a “good” program in that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back