Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we can still play in the cotton, sugar or orange bowl

I hope so, but mostly I hope we fix whatever we have to in order to get everyone focused on what they should be and look really good next week and in whatever bowl we do get. We need to win our last game against Vanderbilt and play well in our bowl. More than that though win or lose, the effort and preparation have to be good again, as they have been under this staff until last night. One of the things I’ve liked under Heupel is even in year 1 we competed in every game and didn’t quit.

The sky is not falling and we have plenty of things to be proud of still, are ahead of schedule, with good momentum and a bright future right now. If we don’t address whatever issues led to that outing and do it too many more times though the sky very well might be falling.

Regarding the rumor about NIL... Why the hell wasn't it explained to Banks and anyone else that UT doesn't control NIL? NIL isn't a gravy train from school to player. It's an opportunity for players to engage in commerce with private business. UT has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: IhateGA
Banks was mad about the nil some of our offensive players had gotten….causing issues within the team… it’s a rumor about why he wasn’t playing.
I hope that isn't true. His attitude seemed to have improved so much and he was sure to be drafted well in the NFL.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Regarding the rumor about NIL... Why the hell wasn't it explained to Banks and anyone else that UT doesn't control NIL? NIL isn't a gravy train from school to player. It's an opportunity for players to engage in commerce with private business. UT has nothing to do with it.

IF it is true definitely someone should have been talking to him but I’m not sure it should have been the quarterback doing it first.

I posted in the off-season that I was worried the South Carolina game could derail a good season.

I didn’t know it was going to derail a playoff-bound season…
Rucker: Vols' special season derailed in inexcusable debacle

Article here sums it up. We are not OSU or Ga talent wise. The stars aligned this season to get up to the precipice of the CFP. Who knows when we will get back? Especially playing in SEC. That is why it was so disheartening if selfishness and jealousy by Defense squandered it away.

I hope that isn't true. His attitude seemed to have improved so much and he was sure to be drafted well in the NFL.

Yeah worst part of this is we really don’t know. Dude may be totally innocent or there could be relevant details we don’t know that make it look worse than what happened. Some people swear it is true and I’m sure there are people on VN that know something, but I remember all of the “insiders” who emerged every time there was another coaching search.

Wished I could say I'm surprised. Guess I should clarify, not surprised we lost but never figured we would get embarrassed!

Don't know about the team but we as a fan base were getting way ahead of ourselves. Worrying about Baylor and Michigan but not SC.

Worst part is losing to effing Shane Beamer!!
I am as guilty as anyone else-- I watched today's games and thought they we were better then TCU, Michigan.. We put enough points on other teams to win by a huge margin, but the defense has always been suspect. We need to go back to those fans who were just happy that we beat Bama/LSU and might get a great bowl. Work on fixing the defense and if there is a problem with selfish players--that needs to be addressed. I hope the rumors about Banks aren't true and that Hooker is okay.

The defense half assing it and us getting blown out because of Banks/Hooker/Heupel is just the most Vols scenario of all time. It is classic Vols. Playoffs on the line but nah, the team just implodes from within instead.

These random, unexpected, and absolutely devastating scenarios will always happen. If we hire a players’ coach who is nice and relaxed it will happen because there’s not enough discipline. If we hire a strict no nonsense coach it will happen because the team will rebel.

Rucker: Vols' special season derailed in inexcusable debacle

Article here sums it up. We are not OSU or Ga talent wise. The stars aligned this season to get up to the precipice of the CFP. Who knows when we will get back? Especially playing in SEC. That is why it was so disheartening if selfishness and jealousy by Defense squandered it away.
I agree with most of the article…. The only part I question is that I hope this isn’t just a lucky season…. I’m hoping this is the start of building a dominant program…. I want to to move into the top tier of SEC teams year after year.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and Vols4us
The fact that I live in Columbia makes this so much worse. I don't want to live here anymore because of this game
I feel your pain….. I live on the North Carolina/ South Carolina border and am surrounded by plenty of cock fans…. I may have been guilty of running my mouth a lot also. LOL

I was telling a buddy yesterday before the game how it would be so TN to sweat the CFP and then lose to USCjr.

I can't say I'm shocked they could beat us, but the way we lost is beyond anything I could have imagined. No matter if any of these rumors are true, you can't get boat raced by a very mediocre USCjr team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back