Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
His absence completely crippled an already poor defense.

If...I have to say that..If...the rumors are true, and I really hope in my heart that they aren't, he completely screwed over his teammates, his coaches, all of VolNation...and his own self.

If true...this is a betrayal based purely on selfish greed and jealousy.

I hope it’s just nonsense. But if it’s true, he can kiss any future life in Tennessee bye bye

I trust Heup 100%. I think he's a great offensive mind. The big question is, does he have the will and the balls to make the tough calls in the offseason.
My understanding of the 25 cap for recruits for this year is there is no cap( is this correct?). The only cap is 85 total, if this is true then perfect time to move away from underperforming or unhappy players and improve the roster.

I hope it’s just nonsense. But if it’s true, he can kiss any future life in Tennessee bye bye

No idea if it’s true either. That said, even if it is a lot more people than just him are culpable too. If true then sure he was selfish but other guys chose to not give there best and be as ready for this game as they should have been. I doubt it was the whole defense, but clearly the effort and investment in what was happening wasn’t there for some of them. That definitely should piss us off, but let’s not forget that ultimately the coaches also failed by not dealing with this effectively and getting them to understand what their priorities needed to be. Lot of people didn’t do their jobs today to give a performance that terrible. It was players and coaches.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I don't think embarrassing is the word for it. It's just devastatingly disappointing. Our defense has been carried all year by our offense (they have given up tons of points to anyone that could throw) and they couldn't muster anything without Jeremy Banks out there.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I still think we have reason to be optimistic. This loss was really bad, totally unacceptable for sure, but we have seen worse. What’s worse than a historic loss? A loss maybe not quite as historic but still embarrassing that spirals into more losses, that leads to worse things the following season, until all progress is gone, players don’t believe in or trust their coaches, recruits no longer want to come here, and chances of fixing things have become very close to zero, but plenty of people will still argue to give them more time. We still have have a lot of things to be proud of this year but whatever the reasons for what happened last night are, they have to be addressed immediately. We can recover from this, though it still shouldn’t have happened, and you can’t mess up this badly again anytime soon.

I still think we have reason to be optimistic. This loss was really bad, totally unacceptable for sure, but we have seen worse. What’s worse than a historic loss? A loss maybe not quite as historic but still embarrassing that spirals into more losses, that leads to worse things the following season, until all progress is gone, players don’t believe in or trust their coaches, recruits no longer want to come here, and chances of fixing things have become very close to zero, but plenty of people will still argue to give them more time. We still have have a lot of things to be proud of this year but whatever the reasons for what happened last night are, they have to be addressed immediately. We can recover from this, though it still shouldn’t have happened, and you can’t mess up this badly again anytime soon.
“We have reasons to be optimistic”
*proceeds to lay out epic doomsday scenario.*

It’s a four point game in the third with the playoffs on the line and the team gave up. That’s a big worry and hit against Heupel. How can you not motivate the team with that on the line? Why are we so bad on the road? Coaching malpractice all around last night.

It’s a four point game in the third with the playoffs on the line and the team gave up. That’s a big worry and hit against Heupel. How can you not motivate the team with that on the line? Why are we so bad on the road? Coaching malpractice all around last night.
This is where I am too. Just one stop right there changes momentum and the defense just rolled over.

He has ultimate responsibility but definitely the defensive coordinator and the position coaches too. Doesn’t really matter why the players didn’t show up. I mean it does, but whatever the reasons this only can happen when the coaches don’t get them ready and handle these things. I do hate that these rumors are leaking. If they’re not true then it’s unfair to some who were called out. If it is then it still should have been mitigated before the issues resulted in what we saw that game, and leaking rumors afterwards isn’t gonna make dealing with the issues easier on anyone.

Wished I could say I'm surprised. Guess I should clarify, not surprised we lost but never figured we would get embarrassed!

Don't know about the team but we as a fan base were getting way ahead of ourselves. Worrying about Baylor and Michigan but not SC.

Worst part is losing to effing Shane Beamer!!

For anyone saying not to fire Banks and Martinez today, the transfer portal has made firing coaches easier. If you wait to fire them, those players will transfer even after they sign their NLI. It doesn’t matter to wait anymore. You cannot have that defensive performance and not have some people lose their jobs. In fact, if no one loses their jobs, it’s a bad sign for our future.

He has ultimate responsibility but definitely the defensive coordinator and the position coaches too. Doesn’t really matter why the players didn’t show up. I mean it does, but whatever the reasons this only can happen when the coaches don’t get them ready and handle these things. I do hate that these rumors are leaking. If they’re not true then it’s unfair to some who were called out. If it is then it still should have been mitigated before the issues resulted in what we saw that game, and leaking rumors afterwards isn’t gonna make dealing with the issues easier on anyone.
If the rumors are true, it’s even more of an indictment against Heupel and our defensive coaches. You can’t let their be locker room tension with two games left and the playoffs on the line. Get them in order and handle business. If you can’t, that’s a big red flag.

Wished I could say I'm surprised. Guess I should clarify, not surprised we lost but never figured we would get embarrassed!

Don't know about the team but we as a fan base were getting way ahead of ourselves. Worrying about Baylor and Michigan but not SC.

Worst part is losing to effing Shane Beamer!!

I mean we definitely probably should have been worrying more about SC and Vandy. I think all the playoff speculation was fine since we are fans as long as it was in good fun, but stressing over what other teams may or may not look like come the playoffs and how we could get robbed seems wild since we still had games left and to potentially get robbed we had to win them.

My understanding of the 25 cap for recruits for this year is there is no cap( is this correct?). The only cap is 85 total, if this is true then perfect time to move away from underperforming or unhappy players and improve the roster.
Yep…. Time to trim away the fat and bring in talent… no time for mr nice guy.

Im on the warpath tonight, as well, beast...wanting to see rolling heads. However, I'm trying to keep it in check and remember, we have TERRIBLE personnel in the backend.

However, however...im ready to see the Gatorade maker and Davey Crockett in the secondary before these guys they keep trotting out there...experience, trust, be damned.
I agree with benching guys but just don’t think there are many viable options behind them to put in the game.

I don’t care what happened but the defense needs revamped and has all year, coaches and players
In the coaches defense I will say we have no speed on that side of the ball and apparently a bunch of crybaby quitters if rumors are true.
If the rumors are true about the nil shortcomings then I wish those players would leave, hell the whole defense can kick rocks. They suck anyways and don’t deserve any nil money. They are being over payed with a scholarship right now imo

If the rumors are true, it’s even more of an indictment against Heupel and our defensive coaches. You can’t let their be locker room tension with two games left and the playoffs on the line. Get them in order and handle business. If you can’t, that’s a big red flag.

What are the rumors? Of all the times to have tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back