Recruiting Forum Football Talk LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, you sound like there's a way to get him to shut up now. You want to share that with the rest of us :)

I keed, I keed. I think sleegro is a solid poster, despite his avi, LOL.

ha! no, no secret here. just Swanson posted something on pruitt and staff that basically unequivocally backed up a stance of his we were discussing yesterday.

not that it completely shot mine down........but......it made his look a lot better.:p

Reactions: 1 person
Is anyone else waiting for all these silent commits to finally break like...

giphy.gif

Been patiently waiting for a while. Ready to see this class start to really take shape.

Is this Gandalf, the Smoky Gray?

I would hope not... I would hope you only see the FB if you need some tough yardage or if you are running some type of play action pass with a TE release....

There is still some creative scheming that can be done out of the I, if you have an athletic FB who can get down the field on wheel routes and such.

You wanna help me put together the pre-game analysis and prediction thread this year :hi:

You have a tendency of putting together things I can’t. Would really be a benefit to the forum to see this type of detail weekly

Hey Nick,
Do I still get to pole our fan base on game days?
Or, with a new staff, have I been neutered?

[twitter]1022095679383134208[/twitter]

Man i wish I could go.

I will have to get my daughter to come with me so the players won't know the autographs are really for me, LOL.

I actually don't own any autographs. Getting a couple of pics of players with my daughter would be pretty sweet, though.

I am going to have to try and go.

I'd prefer not to be poled... sounds painful :good!:

You’re relatively new here I see by your post count.
So, you may just want to watch during the first Saturday.
It’s a strong Vol bonding experience even when we have such low expectations as we head into a new season.

Just a little primer for the season. Even though the end of '16 was awful, there were some really good moments. We had 27 runs of 20 or more yards that season. Hopefully we can have a bunch this season too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhohJJ5Dwu4[/youtube]

ha! no, no secret here. just Swanson posted something on pruitt and staff that basically unequivocally backed up a stance of his we were discussing yesterday.

not that it completely shot mine down........but......it made his look a lot better.:p

Hahaha, if I always talked about the times I was right I wouldn't have time to be right about new things. :lolabove::eek:lol::) But yeah I don't think we were to far apart in our expectations.

I'm just excited to see what it looks like. I think our offense will be more fun to watch than people are expecting.

Florida game from last year on ESPN U

Why?

We had/have talent. That was an 8-9 win team last year. Dysfunction made it what it was.

Reactions: 5 people
Hahaha, if I always talked about the times I was right I wouldn't have time to be right about new things. :lolabove::eek:lol::) But yeah I don't think we were to far apart in our expectations.

I'm just excited to see what it looks like. I think our offense will be more fun to watch than people are expecting.

same.:thumbsup:

Man I miss Barnett. We had 28 sacks in '16, mostly DB, and I have a feeling we will surpass that total this year. Also, I think Stripling was one of the few coaching bright spots of the last decade.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5JVC3Q8oZo[/youtube]

Why?

We had/have talent. That was an 8-9 win team last year. Dysfunction made it what it was.

It kills me that last year’s schedule was the best setup we’ve had in years. October wasn’t near the meat grinder it normally is. Winnable non conference games, tough games spread out better including a mediocre LSU team at home late in the year. USCe and Georgia at home. Winnable Florida game.

Bama on the road was my only sure fire loss going into last year. The schedule was set up on a tee for a rebuilding year to win 8/9 and possibly surprise on the upside.

Why?

Combination of a lot of bad stuff that carried over from the second half of 2016. The talent was never developed for SEC level football and game day coaching was even worse than the lack of development.

But that's over. IMO they are already back to being an 8 win team.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back