Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who posted the GIF, but I need to get this off my chest. Seinfeld is the worst/least funny television show of all time. The only thing that could have made that show funny would have been if they all set each other on fire.

I didn’t like Seinfeld when I was 11 either…

But now I basically am Larry David

Maybe so, maybe not. I think the biggest los with Freddie is his defenseive skills. On offense, he has slipped and is likely to continue the down swing.I think the Braves saved a lo of cap money and will still be scoring a lot of runs. They have a lot of talent and will be competitive again this year.

Speaking of a decline..Olsen played in the American League…it will definitely take him a minute for his bat to warm up just sayin. You’ll definitely miss Freddie on both sides.

--dSpl.gif

Literally because of his “1” good season which was ironically last year.Freddie freeman is a 5 time allstar. Olsen is not the best at his position.between the 2 I’m taking Freddie 10/10 and twice on Sundays…
Just stop. Olson is in his prime and cheaper than Freddie. He played in Oakland which has a huge outfield. He's not going to be a .300 hitter sure, but he's got potential to hit 40 bombs.
Also: his last full season in 2019. Also hit 267 with 36 jacks. His slugging percentage was higher than last year and he had a near 900 OPS and his OBP was .351 which is also really good.
I understand the sentiment with Freddie, but hes going to be 33 next season, locking him up for 6 years is a death sentence in the middle of the lineup, about half way through his contract hes going to decline and youre paying for what he was not what he is.

I don't know anything about the closer. What I do know is that the Braves let FF walk. They chose Olson over FF. So what is there to be salty about? FF had to end up somewhere, and that somewhere was his second choice, because he would have preferred to have stayed in Atlanta. Am I sad to see him go? Absolutely. The guy was a consummate professional and I hoped to see him play his entire career in Atlanta. But he asked for more than the Braves thought he was worth. Olson is going to be just fine. Many in the baseball world already consider him a better, younger version of FF.

What's going to be funny is when the Dodgers fall short again this year with that HUGE payroll they have.

He’s from California how is that a second option?..who doesn’t want to go home? Lol but of course Freddie wanted to stay in Atlanta…he came up through their farm system and was drafted by the Braves.he wanted to go out like chipper and the Braves s**t the bed on that 😂 the Braves organization doesn’t factor in loyalty anymore,even when the Braves weren’t close to being a contender…did y’all forget about all of those years?..Freddie never once tried to leave like most All stars try to do for more money and World Series contending teams.

No, you don't. You have one from 2020. The Braves are the reigning World Champions. There's a difference.

Bro y’all didn’t even win a World Series with Hank Aaron 😂😂 I mean how many did y’all win before 95’?..😂😂 Yall had Maddox,Glavin,Smoltz and Chipper appeared in like 5 World Series and only came away with 1😂😂😂 can you give me the win ratio on that?

Literally because of his “1” good season which was ironically last year.Freddie freeman is a 5 time allstar. Olsen is not the best at his position.between the 2 I’m taking Freddie 10/10 and twice on Sundays…
Oh okay, I guess we should discount it then.

Also, you said he wasn't an All Star which is false.

Last edited:
I am not a Braves fan, but you need to take a lap for talking smack to the the current World Series champs.

Just stop. Olson is in his prime and cheaper than Freddie. He played in Oakland which has a huge outfield. He's not going to be a .300 hitter sure, but he's got potential to hit 40 bombs.
Also: his last full season in 2019. Also hit 267 with 36 jacks. His slugging percentage was higher than last year and he had a near 900 OPS and his OBP was .351 which is also really good.
I understand the sentiment with Freddie, but hes going to be 33 next season, locking him up for 6 years is a death sentence in the middle of the lineup, about half way through his contract hes going to decline and youre paying for what he was not what he is.

Dude!..Freddie is considered in his “prime” he’s a first baseman do you know how long a first baseman can play in the Majors? Big poppy,Jason giambi and Albert Pujols (etc)..you’re acting like he’s a catcher 😂😂😂 you literally damn near gave Olsen the same contract that Freddie wanted (slap in the face)…Freddie wanted to retire as a brave that’s why he wanted the 6 years.he wanted to go out like chipper with the team who drafted him.how can you fault him for that?…is Olsen the same guy that absolutely got dusted in the Home Run Durby last year?..😂😂 “Bombs” you say.the shift is gone in the MLB and Freddie is a better ball placement RBI hitter than Olsen with more power.

yeah And you know what is more awkward will be making any commercials with Watson.
200 plus million dollars negates the needs for commercials. Plus he hasn’t been arrested nor found guilty of any crimes. The highest court in Texas didn’t pursue charges. Accusations don’t mean guilt.

Dude!..Freddie is considered in his “prime” he’s a first baseman do you know how long a first baseman can play in the Majors? Big poppy,Jason giambi and Albert Pujols (etc)..you’re acting like he’s a catcher 😂😂😂 you literally damn near gave Olsen the same contract that Freddie wanted (slap in the face)…Freddie wanted to retire as a brave that’s why he wanted the 6 years.he wanted to go out like chipper with the team who drafted him.how can you fault him for that?…is Olsen the same guy that absolutely got dusted in the Home Run Durby last year?..😂😂 “Bombs” you say.the shift is gone in the MLB and Freddie is a better ball placement RBI hitter than Olsen with more power.
LMAO, if he wanted to be here he would be. The Atlanta contract wouldve paid him more, him and his agent played chicken and lost. And no 33 is not prime for a first baseman. Olson is 28 5 years younger than Freddie thats in his prime. You pointed out Pujols who is just ass. Its been 6 years since Pujols has had a good season he was 3 years older than where Freddie is right now, thats 3 years of an albatross of a contract on the payroll.
Miggy, Upton, Pujols, Chris Davis (who was younger than Freddie). Paying guys big money at Freddie's age is a huge risk, Atlanta has a young core in Acuna, Albies, Riley, Swanson, Freddie doesnt fit the long term plans if you want to win another world series.
I get it Freddie is a fan favorite and youre emotional, but AA did exactly what he needed to do he made a wise business decision for the health and future of the franchise.

Oh okay, I guess we should discount it then.

Also, you said he wasn't an All Star which is false.

My guy!…do you realize that every team has to choose 1 player from their roster?…it’s nothing more than a popularity contest..literally every team gets 1 player (picked) to play in the All star game.👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back