Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost all confidence in Heupel, everybody on VN can see he picked the wrong QB. At least, Pruitt was a defensive coach, but Heupel's speciality is the offense and QB and he can't see it, I'm almost speechless. I always say the coaches know more than me, but I don't know, anymore, I knew JG sucked, early and I knew Milton sucked earlier. But apparently, our last 2 coaches need to see the "Suckitude" longer than I do. Sorry, I just can't put up with the sh!t anymore. I will still live and die with every play, but it's not going to ruin my day, weekend, week, anymore.

Pruitt was supposed to be a defensive guru but his defenses were mediocre at best.

Welp...we fahred Heupel yet?

I don't have anything much to say except this job is going to take a lot of patience, and that is one commodity our fanbase don't have any left to give of.

This team is what I feared it was going to be...it is going to take a while, a lot longer than any of us wanted, to wash the stench of Jeremy Pruitt, Butch Jones and Derek Dooley off of this program.

I'm a Vol till I die..so it is what it is for me.

We did but they move the goalposts or they focus on the QB woes. The fact is they found ways to score despite their woes and should've gone to OT had the officials done their jobs. That game was sloppy and beautiful at various moments so it's easy to pick and choose for your outlook but ultimately a very raw team that lost a ton to the portal then lost most of its starters on offense and it's pass rushers on defense took a good team to the wire. It was absolutely ugly at times but at other times it was great.

Fact of the matter is though, it was a helluva lot better than watching ANY Pruitt team.
Hell yeah...I hope for once our fans are ignored. We gotta get some stability.

I've lost all confidence in Heupel, everybody on VN can see he picked the wrong QB. At least, Pruitt was a defensive coach, but Heupel's speciality is the offense and QB and he can't see it, I'm almost speechless. I always say the coaches know more than me, but I don't know, anymore, I knew JG sucked, early and I knew Milton sucked earlier. But apparently, our last 2 coaches need to see the "Suckitude" longer than I do. Sorry, I just can't put up with the sh!t anymore. I will still live and die with every play, but it's not going to ruin my day, weekend, week, anymore.
If you care enough to live and die by every play…. Good luck with that not ruining your day and weekend lol

Honestly, not surprised by most of the things I saw. We don't have an extremely talented team overall and most of these players are playing their first year in an offense that is the polar opposite of the one they were recruited for. We had a lot of self-inflicted wounds and still probably should have won the game...but this kind of **** happens sometimes to first year coaches with young teams that are trying to pull it out of the ditch.

I think expectations got a little out of control towards the end of the preseason (myself included) and it's probably going to suck watching this team this year have some WOW moments and a lot of WTF moments. This is going to be a long rebuild and we knew that. For the first time in a while though, I feel like I saw a team that wanted to be on the field and wanted to compete. That is the very first step in any kind of turnaround so at least we have some signs of life. We need players that fit this scheme better and we need more experience under the current system. Penalties will work themselves out, I'm not super worried about it long term.

I guess all of that to say, I think this staff knows what it's doing and what it wants, right now they are just playing with the pieces they had available and what they could scramble to get. Give it a few years, and I actually think we will have a good thing going.

Disappointed but not disheartened. Go Vols.

Last edited:
I am in the minority, but I wasn’t impressed with Hooker. He did some things well. I think if the coaches go into a game week with him as QB1 the play calling will be better for him.

I don’t think he is any better than an Emory Jones - great athlete, good runner, good read option, sub par arm at best.
I’m with you. couple really good plays but negated by really bad turnovers.

After looking at the rest of the SEC scores, it definitely feels like we are just ahead of Vanderbilt overall and that's it.

South Carolina, Mizzou, even UK (they only scored 35). You're staring at Auburn and UGA playing teams they have no business playing and declaring we're the worst. It's dumb. Hell even OM with 54 points was against Austin Peay and Peay scored 17 on them -- Austin freaking Peay. South Carolina barely survived their cupcake.

Pitt is absolutely on par with UK and MIzzou. So strap up.

After looking at the rest of the SEC scores, it definitely feels like we are just ahead of Vanderbilt overall and that's it.
South Carolina barely eeked out a win against East Carolina. LSU only beat McNeese 34-7 (compared to our win over BG 38-6). A&M beat Colorado by 3.

I think your momma dropped you on your head one too many times as a child.

South Carolina barely eeked out a win against East Carolina. LSU only beat McNeese 34-7 (compared to our win over BG 38-6). A&M beat Colorado by 3.

I think your momma dropped you on your head one too many times as a child.

He ain't thinking. He's smarter than this but it's a super dumb take.

I think Pitt deserves credit for playing like they did. That QB was money pretty much all day and as we can see, that can mask a lot of issues including a talent disparity. I think the real question is can we take the talent that WE have and put it all together. Because if we can, there is no reason we can't take at least 2/3 from SC, Mizz, and UK. A bowl game is a win this year, full stop. It sucks but that's where we are and I think we are MORE than capable of achieving that if we can just put it together.

Please explain to me how you think we suck when we had 3 starters get injured another out with Covid and still only lost by 7 with 130 penalty yards and the refs screwing us over? Not to mention our own guys committing stupid penalties? Lol

Coach Huepel’s offense put up 34 points. Tell me the last time a Jeremy Pruitt offense did that. I’ll wait.

Y’all are ridiculous 😂

I don’t see a world where we are even competitive in that game. ….again
Have you seen florida play this year? They don’t look anything like the trask/pitts team from last year. I think it’ll be another close one if we play cleaner. We had every opportunity to beat Pitt yesterday and kept shooting ourselves in the foot. I think that was uncharacteristic of this team and doubt we see a game that sloppy again

South Carolina, Mizzou, even UK (they only scored 35). You're staring at Auburn and UGA playing teams they have no business playing and declaring we're the worst. It's dumb. Hell even OM with 54 points was against Austin Peay and Peay scored 17 on them -- Austin freaking Peay. South Carolina barely survived their cupcake.

Pitt is absolutely on par with UK and MIzzou. So strap up.
I'm with you. Not saying that we are Bama or Georgia but how many scores should we have had against Pitt if things were cleaned up and ref was even halfway decent? I can think of wide open receivers early on with Milton that would have put the game out of reach. The billion penalties can be fixed-- several at the goal line when we should have scored. The run back for the touchdown which had offsetting penalties. We had first downs that weren't reviewed (our coach needs to be more fussy about this stuff-- he will hate himself when he sees the tape). Lots of our players were hurt. I like Hooker, although can't deny Milton's talent if corralled, but I see now why we must have a running quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back