Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you, what I saw today in person, they would have pinned their ears back and punished him. He's the least mobile of our qb's. They got Milton hurt and Milton's more mobile.

Milton moves when it’s scripted. Otherwise, he seems flat footed. We just need a QB who can extend plays and feel pressure. Milton can’t do that right now based on these two games.

Just because he couldn’t hit it doesn’t mean you don’t have to respect it.

The Pitt defense respected his arm. They did not have to respect Hookers arm. This was seen by how they started playing defense when Hooker was in.

That's true. You lose that deep ball threat with Hooker but you gain his short to mid accuracy and legs. Milton hasn't been bad short to mid but we all know his struggles with the deep ball, which is crazy to me.

We have to figure out the QB position expeditiously!

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Eh, I don't think that was the main reason they won. Penalties is #1 reason in my opinion.
This. Penalties lost us this ballgame.

The stupid penalties by both Wright and Mays.

The block in the back by Banks (even though it wasn’t egregious) took away our tying score.

I mean how many teams rack up 130yds of penalties and win football games? I’ll wait to see that stat from someone.

That's true. You lose that deep ball threat with Hooker but you gain his short to mid accuracy and legs. Milton hasn't been bad short to mid but we all know his struggles with the deep ball, which is crazy to me.

We have to figure out the QB position expeditiously!
Need Milton to have a light turn on. If he hits those passes he missed we score 3 more TDs. The game wouldn’t of even been close.

Just because he couldn’t hit it doesn’t mean you don’t have to respect it.

The Pitt defense respected his arm. They did not have to respect Hookers arm. This was seen by how they started playing defense when Hooker was in.
True he can throw it 190 yards …But he couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Thoughts going forward? Think it’s Hooker Saturday?
I thought it was one of the better schematic game plans We’ve had in a while. The defense opened up with three straight 3 & outs and a blocked punt. That’s all coaching Bc the majority is scripted. The turning point in the game was in the 2nd quarter Pitt took a page from BG & started doing 7 man protections and we just literally don’t have a pass rusher that can bust through it. I think that will be an issue all year vs equal or better rosters especially. WRs struggled to create separation from their DBs except for 50+ yard throws which are low % as is anyway. But they schemed guys open. I love the way they used the TEs today.

I think it’s crazy the same people that said we were going to get drug by Pitt (which we didn’t) are the same ones saying we suck lol 😂

We should have won that game and we didn’t our guys played hard. I think we out played expectations.

We did but they move the goalposts or they focus on the QB woes. The fact is they found ways to score despite their woes and should've gone to OT had the officials done their jobs. That game was sloppy and beautiful at various moments so it's easy to pick and choose for your outlook but ultimately a very raw team that lost a ton to the portal then lost most of its starters on offense and it's pass rushers on defense took a good team to the wire. It was absolutely ugly at times but at other times it was great.

Fact of the matter is though, it was a helluva lot better than watching ANY Pruitt team.

Look, we all agree we blew this game. I believe we are the better team overall but we didn't get it done today.

Pitt is not world beaters but a solid stable program. With that said, we are not good enough to overcome TOs and penalties to beat those types of teams. Also it doesn't help to lose or not have key guys playing.

I still think we get to 6 wins.

We did but they move the goalposts or they focus on the QB woes. The fact is they found ways to score despite their woes and should've gone to OT had the officials done their jobs. That game was sloppy and beautiful at various moments so it's easy to pick and choose for your outlook but ultimately a very raw team that lost a ton to the portal then lost most of its starters on offense and it's pass rushers on defense took a good team to the wire. It was absolutely ugly at times but at other times it was great.

Fact of the matter is though, it was a helluva lot better than watching ANY Pruitt team.
Agreed.

His development passing and running is about the same as Dobbs when he was a sophomore in 2015. I’m not sure how that is hard to understand unless reading comprehension is lacking. He’s not better than Dobbs was that year. Probably won’t get to Dobbs circa 2016….thus the 2015 comparison. Erratic on some throws. Electric runs to move the chains. Will make mistakes and throw some to the other team. Pretty simple to understand really.
Maybe it's your reading comprehension that is lacking. I was saying it's ridiculous that you can even compare a 5th year senior to a sophomore. The 5th year senior should be better but he is not.

"Pretty simple to understand really."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back