Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never understood this bias towards keeping all staff members that ever went to Tennessee just because they played. All due respect to the guys that played before like Tee Martin, Jay Graham (ironically gone now), etc but you can‘t always go home again nor should you. As far as Tee goes I sort of understand him being disappointed but he’s never been a full time OC that has excelled in a big time school. He was a co-OC at Southern Cal but never called plays.

So I listened to swain... wtf
Does he realize the caliber of athlete available will be different here than at UCF?

You don’t recruit players like you’re a small school anymore.

How is this such a hard concept to grasp?
This staff won’t be trying to unearth undersized prospects

The guy has coached at Mizzu.
They had better Defensive Lines than we did.
Wtf . Oregon has had a bunch of big dL prospects pan out and prosper. They practiced vs uptempo offense.
lincoln riley didn’t get to Oklahoma and start recruiting the same players he did say ECU.

*sigh*
Our punishment is going to play a role in this. If we get a a year or 2 year bowl ban then that will hurt a lot of players from coming here.they want to win and play for championships. Also heupel is going to have to figure out a way to get these top guys to come play for Tennessee. Kids these days don’t remember Tennessee being a powerhouse

So I listened to swain... wtf
Does he realize the caliber of athlete available will be different here than at UCF?

You don’t recruit players like you’re a small school anymore.

How is this such a hard concept to grasp?
This staff won’t be trying to unearth undersized prospects

The guy has coached at Mizzu.
They had better Defensive Lines than we did.
Wtf . Oregon has had a bunch of big dL prospects pan out and prosper. They practiced vs uptempo offense.
lincoln riley didn’t get to Oklahoma and start recruiting the same players he did say ECU.

*sigh*
Swain’s butt hurt over Tony Elliot, that’s who he wanted.

Some people don’t want to see it, but the former players are a much bigger issue than the fans. I’m not specifically talking about this instance, but there are a lot of former players who’ve had their feelings hurt and carry that sh!t around with them.

I’m not saying all of course, but if you talked to a few you’d be surprised at some of the stuff they say.

Swain’s butt hurt over Tony Elliot, that’s who he wanted.

Some people don’t want to see it, but the former players are a much bigger issue than the fans. I’m not specifically talking about this instance, but there are a lot of former players who’ve had their feelings hurt and carry that sh!t around with them.

I’m not saying all of course, but if you talked to a few you’d be surprised at some of the stuff they say.

there are definitely some opportunists who reach for power bc they see so many others with their hands in the cookie jar.
The couple guys I know, steer clear of it.
As football program, yiu have to the all welcome your football alums in the facility with open arms...

BUT
They should not be wielding any power within the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back