Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hire sucks. juss sayin' no way to change that.
Disagree. I like this hire better than any since Fulmer except maybe Kiffin. I liked his coaches he made me nervous at times. We desperately needed a good offensive coach to get us through this situation. The two favorites were not happening. Hoping he can win 7 in his first year like Kiffin.

@BruinVol Like I said earlier, I don't think the scholarship reductions will mean much. I don't think this guy will recruit at an elite level anyway, we're not going to be turning 4 and 5 stars away. We don't usually carry 85 anyway, give walkons the scholly to fill it out. It will only affect the bottom of the roster, not the top.

As to the bowls, I get what you're saying about players leaving of you announce it early. I would wait until the season starts too. But if you wait to long and it becomes pretty certain that you're not making a bowl anyway and then you announce abowlban, I'm not sure the NCAA will look at that favorably. I say take your lumps and get them out of the way early.

We will get to 6 wins next year

Also see LSU this year for when to announce

This. Go back and watch some Alabama games when they sucked in 03 or 04. That place was half full at kickoff. That hasn’t happened yet at Tennessee after 15 years of garbage.

Yep and that just seems to piss several people off. Especially that little Pat Forde punk.

We always say "a good QB" makes up for a lot. Well this guy has a proven record of developing them. Even if we have a lack of talent and depth the next couple years, if he gets one of Bailey, Salter or Hooker ready to play to their potential, who knows. We could have a surprise 8 win season

This. Go back and watch some Alabama games when they sucked in 03 or 04. That place was half full at kickoff. That hasn’t happened yet at Tennessee after 15 years of garbage.
Alabama fans might be the most fair weather group of fans in any sport anywhere. Especially the "fans" they have outside the state.

I'm all seriousness, this dude might actually take the talent we have on offense and compete with literally everyone we play next season. Might not win against teams like bama but... This is an offense driven game now and hypel does have a chance to compete in all games if his offense is as good as advertised. Just something to think about. Not saying it will happen, but if his offense is as good as advertised it's a real possibility that we win more games than we should next year just by offense alone.

Where has this Dusty been?

So Ansley has known for a while and was waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak... So I guess that does confirm or at least supports that he did also have talks about going to Texas to coach DBs/Co-Dc

I think Ansley has been looking to get out for a while now. Hope that means we don’t have to pay his buyout.

Nothing personal but please tell me Weinke is looking for other employment?

That would leave us w possibly Steele and maybe Osovet? Sounds like Tee and Jay are leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back