Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is waiting/hanging on to see who the OC and Defensive staff will be... I want to see warp speed with a centurion card flying around picking up the best... there, did I do that right?

Crappy D staff = 4-5 wins.... solid D staff who can recruit and develop = 7-8+ wins.

Well after watching how bad Texas was when they allowed Herman to essentially bring in his buddies from UH with him, watching who CH hires will be the key early indicator for me. Watching Sark pull in guys that are top quality from all over the country makes me comes to grips with really how big of an issue a G5 coach has with having the premier contacts to build a staff once they get to the big leagues. Heupel could be a phenomenal head coach, but if he doesnt have the staff to make the engine go it doesn't matter. Having the access to upper echelon coaches, either through contact through their career or through a network of people at other major schools that you can trust, is what will make or break this hire.

I hope for the best, but I will be seriously concerned if more than one or two guys come over with him from UCF.

JH has coached and developed a heisman winner in Sam Bradford and a 2nd round pick in Drew Locke.... both went on to have lack luster nfl careers... (Locke still playing but days as a starter may be over). So it’s a fair argument to wonder if JH was the main reason for their rise. We have two 5 star QBs and (hooker isn’t a scrub from VT he made some big time plays this year was just up and down) and he’s proven to be a QB/offensive wizard so let’s see what he can do.

Also in 3 years.... he’s lost 7 regular season by 27 points. He’s only lost one game by double digits and it’s was a meaningless bowl game vs byu who has a top 5 QB draft pick.

The more i find out about him the more i like the hire. Props to Danny, he tried to land big fish. Pruitt ruined any chances of that.

Let’s fn ride boys
1611782680985.gif

@BruinVol Like I said earlier, I don't think the scholarship reductions will mean much. I don't think this guy will recruit at an elite level anyway, we're not going to be turning 4 and 5 stars away. We don't usually carry 85 anyway, give walkons the scholly to fill it out. It will only affect the bottom of the roster, not the top.

As to the bowls, I get what you're saying about players leaving of you announce it early. I would wait until the season starts too. But if you wait to long and it becomes pretty certain that you're not making a bowl anyway and then you announce abowlban, I'm not sure the NCAA will look at that favorably. I say take your lumps and get them out of the way early.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Maybe this is finally what it takes for some of you guys to stop hanging on every word of our ‘insiders’.

I’m sure some have connections but taking their info as gospel & trashing AP & Hubbs saying they’re making things up is bananas.
Honestly hope one of them stays away for awhile. The FFrs are just waiting on him to post.

@BruinVol Like I said earlier, I don't think the scholarship reductions will mean much. I don't think this guy will recruit at an elite level anyway, we're not going to be turning 4 and 5 stars away. We don't usually carry 85 anyway, give walkons the scholly to fill it out. It will only affect the bottom of the roster, not the top.

As to the bowls, I get what you're saying about players leaving of you announce it early. I would wait until the season starts too. But if you wait to long and it becomes pretty certain that you're not making a bowl anyway and then you announce abowlban, I'm not sure the NCAA will look at that favorably. I say take your lumps and get them out of the way early.
I really do wonder though, if they will let us back count to last year. I really feel like we 100% could've played if we wanted to

I'm all seriousness, this dude might actually take the talent we have on offense and compete with literally everyone we play next season. Might not win against teams like bama but... This is an offense driven game now and hypel does have a chance to compete in all games if his offense is as good as advertised. Just something to think about. Not saying it will happen, but if his offense is as good as advertised it's a real possibility that we win more games than we should next year just by offense alone.
I’ve been on the fence about this but his offense has worked everywhere he’s been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back