Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, there is several guys I think could have success here that have been mentioned. Auburn and UT are such similar jobs and Auburn fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Gus. Gus was good before coaches adapted to his offense, he used to recruit studs from Georgia, but Kirby has shut that down. Recruiting class this year was abysmal.
Tennessee is a better job

Reactions: scvolfan7
I think this is an interesting name. It's no home run. Looking at his record now kinda gives me Dooley vibes, but I got excited about Brohm last time around.

I haven't watched much Purdue football though. I definitely would have thought he would be winning more games there.
Jeez, this **** is depressing

You think we would rehire Kiffin? I certainly do not. I may have buried my hard feelings, but I understand a lot of people have not. He screwed us over leaving the way he did. Some people may never forgive.

You think we would take a chance on Freeze in the middle of a NCAA investigation? I certainly do not. His NCAA past violations get in the way.

Now, you can disagree with those assessments if you want, but to do so is to ignore the logic of our current situation.

As far as choosing between Gus and Napier, I guess that really is a matter of opinion, but I like Napier a lot more than I do Gus.
Nope. I think theres 0 chance we hire Freeze or Kiffin.

I dont want to take a chance on another up and comer, personally. That's why I'd take Gus over Napier. Gus could at least get us to 8-4. Napier may come in and do great....but he may not. Rather not take the chance. ....again though as I keep saying...I'm totally ready for an underwhelming hire either way...that's if we fire him.

Some yall that are wanting Gus are quick to forget how you've been complaining about sub par qb play and development. Im waiting for all of the 4 and 5 star qb's he's recruited to still show up.

5 out of his 8 seasons he's won 8 or less. A lot of the coaches in this league just reshuffle every year or two. His offense has been exposed and he's shown he's unwilling to change. He's probably 4th or 5th on my list.

Nope. I think theres 0 chance we hire Freeze or Kiffin.

I dont want to take a chance on another up and comer, personally. That's why I'd take Gus over Napier. Gus could at least get us to 8-4. Napier may come in and do great....but he may not. Rather not take the chance. ....again though as I keep saying...I'm totally ready for an underwhelming hire either way...that's if we fire him.
Who says Gus could get us to 8-4? We're not Auburn. Auburn fired him because they weren't happy with his results. He could come here and fail just as easily as Napier. And personally, I think Napier has more upside. The guy has spent time and Clemson and Alabama. He has recruiting connections throughout the South, and he has a winning record as a HC. Offering him would be a no-brainer. The real question is would he come? He's turned down multiple SEC programs in the past.

Who says Gus could get us to 8-4? We're not Auburn. Auburn fired him because they weren't happy with his results. He could come here and fail just as easily as Napier. And personally, I think Napier has more upside. The guy has spent time and Clemson and Alabama. He has recruiting connections throughout the South, and he has a winning record as a HC. Offering him would be a no-brainer. The real question is would he come? He's turned down multiple SEC programs in the past.
Again. Agree to disagree. Not gonna argue.
Don't want Napier. Don't want Chadwell.

Don't want Marrone or Gus but I'd take either of them over an up and comer. Done with going that route.

I could definitely see this.

I think Gus is the first call but it would be hard to get him.

Consider me squarely in the Hyams camp that thinks we’re going to flail a little bit before landing on a B-tier candidate like Chadwell.
Y’all need to go take another look at Gus’s record. It’s mediocre.
And y’all know they cheat with the best of them.

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back