Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Kiffin back, but we both know he's not a legitimate option because of how he left the first time. That's just reality.

Freeze is not a legitimate option IMO because of the baggage he carries, and the fact we're in the midst of an investigation. If not for the investigation, maybe, but not with one ongoing.

I'd absolutely be okay with Napier, and would take him well before ever considering Gus.
Agree to disagree.

But thats okay. Everyone has their own opinion.

I would love to see Fischer as HC. Gus for me would be a doubled edged sword. I believe he would stabilize the program and might even win the East once or twice. The other side of the sword is that we would be that most of our season we will be 6-6,7-5, 8-4, and maybe a 9 win season here and there.

Please no Malzahn.

Agree, there is several guys I think could have success here that have been mentioned. Auburn and UT are such similar jobs and Auburn fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Gus. Gus was good before coaches adapted to his offense, he used to recruit studs from Georgia, but Kirby has shut that down. Recruiting class this year was abysmal.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Speaking of Salter, can someone explain to me how the state of Texas is still playing their playoffs? Everyone else has been done for a at least a month.
Public schools in TX started school and the football season late due to COVID.

Salter is going to win the TX state championship. We will have a GA state championship winning QB and a TX state championship winning QB on our roster. What coach wouldn’t love to walk into that QB situation? This isn’t as bad a situation as it appears. No ‘bridge’ coach is necessary. Get rid of Pruitt. Hire Napier or Chadwell or Freeze or Herman. Let’s go man. C’mon man. We are not that far off.

I would love to see Fischer as HC. Gus for me would be a doubled edged sword. I believe he would stabilize the program and might even win the East once or twice. The other side of the sword is that we would be that most of our season we will be 6-6,7-5, 8-4, and maybe a 9 win season here and there.
Those seasons don't sound so bad....

My main point was that he said that UT wouldn't score 10 points there was like 6 or 7 mins left in the game and they score 10 points in like 2 mins after he said it. Again, the score I missed by two but that wasn't really my focus it was how horrible the announcers were. Like Batman posted earlier about all they talked about was themselves and how wonderful Dykes was.
I thought Jimmy said they wouldn't get to 59. That's what the Vols has at the time. He was right, they didn't get to 59. Quit being a moran.

tenor.gif

Agree to disagree.

But thats okay. Everyone has their own opinion.
You think we would rehire Kiffin? I certainly do not. I may have buried my hard feelings, but I understand a lot of people have not. He screwed us over leaving the way he did. Some people may never forgive.

You think we would take a chance on Freeze in the middle of a NCAA investigation? I certainly do not. His NCAA past violations get in the way.

Now, you can disagree with those assessments if you want, but to do so is to ignore the logic of our current situation.

As far as choosing between Gus and Napier, I guess that really is a matter of opinion, but I like Napier a lot more than I do Gus.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Y’all know the most Tennessee thing is for us to go down like 10 candidates and settle on some no name turning Freeze down. He then decides he wants to bury us because of it. He goes to Florida after Mullen leaves and starts a new Spurrier/Saban like dominance. It’s the only way. The Tennessee way
This is the way.

Reactions: UTopia
Salter is going to win the TX state championship. We will have a GA state championship winning QB and a TX state championship winning QB on our roster. What coach wouldn’t love to walk into that QB situation? This isn’t as bad a situation as it appears. No ‘bridge’ coach is necessary. Get rid of Pruitt. Hire Napier or Chadwell or Freeze or Herman. Let’s go man. C’mon man. We are not that far off.
Pruitt brought those cats in

Yeah but what does Brian Rice.....ehhh I mean @DeerPark12 think. Waiting for him to say Pruitt still returning

So you think I, an attorney in Atlanta, am actually a Twitter guy in Knoxville? That’s a good one.

For the record, I haven’t lived in Knoxville in almost four years.

So you think I, an attorney in Atlanta, am actually a Twitter guy in Knoxville? That’s a good one.

For the record, I haven’t lived in Knoxville in almost four years.
We don’t care. “For the record” what you got on what we DO care about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back