Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all just so sad. Most of us have seen how this plays out. We know Pruitt isn’t the guy but they’re going to drag this out another year or two. Old Ron would get excited again and enjoy the season of hope, Spring, talk up recruiting and get his dreams crushed in September like always. But I’ve done it many times and just don’t have it in me anymore. UT has finally turned me into @SGMVols after Kiffin left. I’ll try to bite my tongue and let the sunshine pumpers enjoy themselves and their hope. But it’s going to end badly with Pruitt either now or in 12 months or if he’s really lucky, 24months.

This program isn't serious about winning is the bottom line. It’s a sad truth. Reality. I hope UT beats A&M next week but even that won’t change the outcome for Pruitt at UT. Only delay the inevitable just like Dobbs did for Butch. Many knew Butch was a disaster long before I acknowledged it. Dobbs stretched his tenure from 3-5 years. But anyone who paid close attention knew he wasn’t going to be the one.

Just like most folks today know Pruitt isn’t the one either. If we were UF or Bama or UGA we’d fire Pruitt now and hope the next guy is the one. But UT doesn’t care to find the one. They just want the one that’s good enough to keep some hope around and sell tickets. And since our fanbase is amazingly loyal, that’s all they need to do. It’s a business decision. It’s not about winning.

Oh well. I’m going to make Christmas cookies with the family today and enjoy what really matters. GBO!
Well said Ron. Hope you can at least stay somewhat active on the forum as you do provide some of the best takes/insight.

I’m with you tho we have seen this movie before and we know how it ends. Sad we just can’t be proactive for once and make a decision that would truly lead to success.

Last edited:
“Swan said:
I actually think the mods have been fair and at times very critical of this staff .......don’t really get the post

I personally think he gets another year. Again, Jeremy right or wrong, told them during the interview this was a 4-5 year turnaround not including a pandemic ......... I’m as guilty as the next fan wanting it done faster.....
Looks like he’s going to be back.....smh

For all those that know UT doesn’t care about wining etc etc - why do you think a coaching search is the answer? Genuinely curious.

To me, we’ve tried this and failed. Over and over again.

Why not let a great DC with a solid pedigree try to learn to be a head coach for a couple more years, instead of hiring a new coach and “letting him get his players” for the next couple years?

For all those that know UT doesn’t care about wining etc etc - why do you think a coaching search is the answer? Genuinely curious.

Why not let a great DC with a solid pedigree try to learn to be a head coach for a couple more years, instead of hiring a new coach and “letting him get his players” for the next couple years?
it isnt about the losses, its whats happened in between the end zones during thoses losses. I tend to agree with your logic, but, can def see where theyre coming from. some idiocy out there.

DM: “shrout has the potential to be the better QB”

talking about the delivery of HB being an issue
Yes, just like Peyton's happy feet were a huge issue. You can either play the game or you can't. I believe Bailey has all the tools to be very good. He just needs snaps.

Because it’s been three years and we are worse than we were in year one. And there are many good coaches who would come and win here. It’s not hard. We have just made terrible hires. I mean butch even won eight games twice. Go get Freeze, Napier, Chadwell, Healy, Leipold, Fleck, etc. Some people are just meant to be coordinators and that is Pruitt. Just because he is a good DC does not make him a good HC or that he will ever be a good head coach.

Imagine being hired at an employer who has no idea how you will be at your job. You tell them, I have seen your processes and need five years to clean it up. Three years into the employment and the processes are still terrible and getting worse. But your employer remembers that you said it was a five year project so they keep you on another two years. LMAO! Absolute craziness!

IDGAS what Jeremy told them. Who wouldn’t tell a prospective employer it would take 4-5 years to “rebuild,” given our superficial troubles at the time? Pruitt said that not because it was true, he said it because he knew we’d be dumb enough to pack his pockets. The right coach wouldn’t be 3-6 at this point, pandemic or not.

IDGAS what Jeremy told them. Who wouldn’t tell a prospective employer it would take 4-5 years to “rebuild,” given our superficial troubles at the time? Pruitt said that not because it was true, he said it because he knew we’d be dumb enough to pack his pockets. The right coach wouldn’t be 3-6 at this point, pandemic or not.
This. Him saying 4-5 year rebuild is crap and we’re a special kind of idiot if our admin bought it. I mean programs have been created from nothing and come back faster. It’s about coaching and we don’t have it.

And see posts like that from Swan are so disappointing. So what JP “told UT it was a 5 year rebuild”!!! Oh so we have to ignore his coaching blunders and roster mismanagement because when hired he said this will take 5 years to get right? Give me a F’n break.

So looking ahead to next year, what is reasonable expectations regardless of the Hc? Imo we should go 6-6 minimum and anything less than 7 wins should be enough to fire pruitt

Attachments

• 0AA0E4BB-788D-4B0C-9D77-2EB03CDDBB0A.jpeg
    0AA0E4BB-788D-4B0C-9D77-2EB03CDDBB0A.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 56
Good luck trying to fix recruiting failures and hiring a new staff for next year. Its not going to get better. Everyone will be back to normal after not competing against Texas A&M

Anything less than 9 wins in year 4 is a fireable offense.
If they won’t fire him this year after only winning 3 games they won’t fire him next year unless he misses a bowl. 6-6 next fall will be good enough for UT to give him a 5th year. Bet on that.

“He doubled his win total!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back