Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay let’s be honest for a moment, emotions aside. Do we truly think Pruitt is the problem? I know he’s the HC but I’m really thinking a lot falls on Chaney. The offense just doesn’t look good at all
If youre the head coach and your coordinators suck, YOU’RE the problem. This is his 2nd OC in 3 years. alongside high turnover within his own staff every year...
The common denominator is...

Clemson will still be in the playoff. When they play ND again they probably won't be missing 8 starters or whatever it was. They were missing like 6 on defense for most of the game.

Two ACC programs will be in the playoff. Unreal lol

I heard fulmer was part of the No on freeze but who knows.

It’s impossible to even give a guess Bc i don’t know what money is willing to be thrown around Bc of this stuff. The best thing we have going for us is that fulmer has shown that he will stop at nothing to give his coach everything he needs. Money isn’t an object. Look at what we’re paying coordinators and we have like 40 QC, analysts, and GAs.

The SEC office said no. It didn't matter what the schools thought.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Auburn will hire him anyway and face no consequences except becoming a fun, fast paced, high scoring football team.

Time has passed and Freeze has been out of the conference. I think that's what the front office wanted - a quasi redemption tour to rehab his image but somewhere else before he was considered by any team. Had LK tried to return immediately after leaving UT Slive would've told him no. A few years later and after being fired at the tarmac and it was ok for him to return. I don't think they'd veto a Freeze hire now. I also doubt there's the same resistance at any school (including ours) now that some time has passed and the dirt everyone knew was there remained buried. That's just the way it works.

IOW, even though I think Freeze is a POS human, I think he's hireable even here. The ironic thing is that we were his dream school -- where his coaching promise began after he broke into Neyland. He talked about that even when he was at OM. If we were to call, he'd listen. A guy like him would see it as coming full circle to where he thought he was supposed to be all along. Not saying any of that will happen but I am saying he'd be interested. I just doubt the timing is right given where we are with Pruitt *but* Ark, OM, and State all dumped their coaches like hot potatoes last year and had little issue finding new coaches (the Mississippi schools both went after who they wanted and got them) so the way people view timing and firing these days appears to have changed. Question is: are the powers that be willing to foot the bill and have they reached the point where they think Pruitt is what he is rather than thinking he still might put it all together since it's his first time as a HC. Chaney's buyout is huge but I could actually see Freeze keeping him on (he's the most amenable OC you'll come across but unfortunately with Pruitt that's a negative - it wasn't so under Kiffin or even Dooley since those two actually believed in the crazy concept of having an offense that worked).

JG actually wasn't the problem tonight. He played well, and it kind of hurts me to say that. He actually impressed me with his runs. It's a shame that a dirty late hit that didn't get called took him out of the game.
Lol! What?!?! He was 5/8 for 42 yards and played into the third quarter. That is terrible. We should have been up 24 by half. Bailey had more yards in one series. Coaching is horrendous. Our QBs have gotten worse. I’m afraid of what they will do to Bailey with an off-season. Right now he is just playing with limited snaps and off of his talent and he is easily our best QB.

Thanks for posting. Their comments seem to confirm what I suspect... Pruitt is is not a good HBC. Several suspect in game positions. Can't get the team motivated out of the locker room. Bad in-game adjustments. Bad game prep, obvious Maurer shouldn't be #2 QB. But if that is the case, then you should have gotten more HB more snaps. Maybe Pruitt and Chaney are at odds behind the scenes, and Cheney is done and wants out. Who know knows, but the offense strategy sucks. 2009 Bama Offensive Game plan is not going to work in 2020.

I think he’s a good DC. Have you seen this Ansley defense. Woof
Ansley was a bad hire. Everyone thought it was good because he worked under DB gurus. My VFL friend said he was not a good coach after coming to a practice and watching him coach. And then we lost some of our best coaches, which was always a terrible sign that we all ignored. Rumph, Rocker, and Sherrer to Felton, Neids, and Brumbaugh.

Phil hates freeze!

yes , no or no idea

Tifwiw I am told Phil “hates” freeze
He’s just mad still over the whole Michael Oher thing. Coach Fulmer, just put that behind you and go out and get the best HC for the job! Freeze would have this team competing in 2 years for the East. JUST DO IT!!!

AP asked about Bailey late and if Pruitt saw anything. All Pruitt said essiantlly was he took too many check downs and its something he can learn from. Hes going to have to force one in that situation.
Coach, he still looked miles better than what you have been trotting out there all year!

Ansley was a bad hire. Everyone thought it was good because he worked under DB gurus. My VFL friend said he was not a good coach after coming to a practice and watching him coach. And then we lost some of our best coaches, which was always a terrible sign that we all ignored. Rumph, Rocker, and Sherrer to Felton, Neids, and Brumbaugh.
Felt like Butch hires during his last year.

The defense looked like they wanted to win in the 4th. Wasn't pressure the knock on Franks? I remember he would make mistakes at Florida when he was harassed. Let's wait until the 4th to get after him?

Tennessee resembles Vanderbilt right now. The big difference is Vandy doesn't have the horses to compete Tennessee does. Doing less with more . More than Kentucky and Arkansas. Vandy is the only win left on the schedule.

It is the way they are losing that is concerning. I think some have checked out coaching staff included. Where is the fire? Pruitt looks resigned and is becoming a lame excuse machine. Maybe firing Pruitt isn't the right answer but somebody needs to get canned on the offensive side right now. Firing the dline coach now looks like a bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back